What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The reason for the very, very large Baileys on Saturday night was because my brother had called me at 10.30 pm to tell me my sister had passed away. A lot of you know she had been very Ill, I expected it but obviously it was still upsetting particularly when I've lost both a brother and sister to cancer in a matter of months. There was nothing I could do so was told not to change our plans.
Sunday bed 6.9 FBG 7.8

B. Stuck with the vegetarian breakfast and coffee and kept off the GF toast but BGs still went up which I assume now was stress related.
L. Out walking. Went to the Roman Baths today which was a good distraction. Stopped for a black coffee. Otherwise it was water.
D. Stayed in hotel tonight. Garlic prawns to start.
Pork belly with calvados Apple gravy, spinach, green beans and carrot batons.
Liquer coffee and a glass of white with the meal. Yes, yet another baileys but just one.

It was good to be around friends with such sad news.
@maglil55 im so so sorry to hear your sad news please accept my condolences do take care of yourself and be kind during these difficult days ahead dealing with your loss - thinking of you x

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 so sorry to hear of your loss. What a difficult time you’ve had recently. Glad that you were among friends for support. Take care.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast one slice bacon and egg
Lunch LC crispbreads and pate
Dinner 2 lamb chops served on bed of mushrooms and with mint chopped in full fat yoghurt followed by two scoops of oppo choc hazelnut ice cream and a splodge of extra thick cream.
Just about to have a decaff coffee
Hope everyone has a good relaxing therapeutic evening

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
B: coconut porridge with a spoonful of cream and about 5 raspberries. Coffee and cream

L: DD Caprese omelette: has a couple of cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil in it. Very nice.

D: DD swedish meatballs with creamed cauliflower. All the components of this were jolly nice but it looked very pale and bland all together.
Don’t mind as bgs a lot better this week than last so I’ve stopped thinking about it. Feels nice not to have to decide what to have each day.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
B: coconut porridge with a spoonful of cream and about 5 raspberries. Coffee and cream

L: DD Caprese omelette: has a couple of cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and fresh basil in it. Very nice.

D: DD swedish meatballs with creamed cauliflower. All the components of this were jolly nice but it looked very pale and bland all together.
Don’t mind as bgs a lot better this week than last so I’ve stopped thinking about it. Feels nice not to have to decide what to have each day.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My post seems to have disappeared so I’ll write it again. Sorry if the original turns up as well in a few minutes
B: Coconut porridge, cream, raspberries. Coffee and cream
L: DD Caprese omelette - has cherry toms, mozzarella and fresh basil in it. V nice.
D: DD Swedish meatballs with creamed cauliflower. This tasted nicer than it looked, it was all very pale and needed a bit of colour. Glass of red wine - Mr C is going back to Cornwall in the morning so cracked a bottle to wish him bon voyage.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is what I ate today - hope you all had good days

Breakfast: Tea
Dockey : Coffee with cream after swimming lesson
Lunch : Mackerel in olive oil+Avocado salad with chia seeds and psyllium husk powder
Mid Afternoon: Tea
Evening meal: Remains of Celeriac and Corned beef shepherd’s pie; pesto mushrooms; Greek yogurt ( Kri Kri ) and 6 raspberries

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My post seems to have disappeared so I’ll write it again. Sorry if the original turns up as well in a few minutes
B: Coconut porridge, cream, raspberries. Coffee and cream
L: DD Caprese omelette - has cherry toms, mozzarella and fresh basil in it. V nice.
D: DD Swedish meatballs with creamed cauliflower. This tasted nicer than it looked, it was all very pale and needed a bit of colour. Glass of red wine - Mr C is going back to Cornwall in the morning so cracked a bottle to wish him bon voyage.
Hope his return journey is better!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. BG running higher than usual all day - was doing the same while away. No obvious reasons.

Today’s menu was:

Lunch - smoked salmon and cream cheese.

Dinner - 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers bacon and 1 fried egg followed by almond butter mixed with extra thick double cream. BG fell to joint lowest reading of the day at 2 hour point, so hopefully getting back on track.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6 FBG 6.6. BGs are very stable today. Whether that was being home, not having GF toast or the absence of Baileys on ice I don't know but no nasty spikes. Not a lot of food in the house so breakfast consisted of what I could find until I could get out to a supermarket.
B. 4 rashers crispy streaky bacon and 2 fried eggs (burst the first one. Slice of the 90 second microwave bread toasted (only in my microwave it's 2 mins 10 sec). Black coffee - no cream
L. Nothing out shopping although I did have a couple of 100% chocolate drops when I got back.
D. 3 lemon sole skin done nice and crispy, 1/2 avocado and wilted spinach.

Not a glass of wine, vodka or Bailey's in sight. I'm very restless at night so I'm hoping alcohol free will be a bit more settled.

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts. This has been a truly awful year as my sister will be my 6th family funeral this year. It could have been worse when my other brother was diagnosed with lung cancer but thankfully he is recovering well from surgery. It's a case of deep breath and keep going. I'm glad to be going away again on Saturday as that will give me a few days rest before the funeral. Got the boys for a couple of hours tomorrow so that's a distraction.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over fritatta cold with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding with black coffee.
Dinner: carbonara made with Explore Cuisine edamame ‘spaghetti’, bacon, cream, eggs and a few peas with a sprinkle of extra strong cheddar, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Roast ham, salad, last of rollitos and olives. Strawberries and cream.
Dinner - Spanish chicken with green beans and carrots.
Snacks - Smoked almonds and two squares of 70% Lindt chocolate,

Still hungry as went for a long walk today.....

Going into Leeds tomorrow to see a show and will take the opportunity to pop into Hotel Chocolat. Any recommendations guys?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going into Leeds tomorrow to see a show and will take the opportunity to pop into Hotel Chocolat. Any recommendations guys?

Having just scoffed a couple of Hotel Chocolat 100% chocolate buttons , I’d recommend them. I worked my way up to 100% and find them fab now. I’m going to try the 100% batons next time I go into town :hungry:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Roast ham, salad, last of rollitos and olives. Strawberries and cream.
Dinner - Spanish chicken with green beans and carrots.
Snacks - Smoked almonds and two squares of 70% Lindt chocolate,

Still hungry as went for a long walk today.....

I have the 100% batons and the chocolate drops. Bitter but let them melt in your mouth. Leaves a lovely after taste.

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having just scoffed a couple of Hotel Chocolat 100% chocolate buttons , I’d recommend them. I worked my way up to 100% and find them fab now. I’m going to try the 100% batons next time I go into town :hungry:
Thanks @Rachox, I think I can manage the 100% chocolate if it comes in a little button :)