Well done @bulkbiker

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
SV for 36 hours? Didn't it disintegrate, or just vaporise when you got the blow torch on it?

Jealous? Moi? Don't answer that or, or,.............. I don't know what.

No it was a very thick slice from the butcher,... I asked them for a thick slice and it weighed 1.8kg.... which I had cut into "lumps". It was very beefy ( a bit too beefy for hubs but very tasty) I dry pan fried it as I'm not allowed to blow torch in the kitchen and the electric heat gun doesn't get hot enough!

Reactions: hankjam

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask if you have been re-coded or have any knowledge of Prof Taylor’s CP10 he speaks of bulkbiker? I asked my DN at my yearly review on Monday as I more than fit the criteria. The DN said she would pass the information on to the Surgery Manager/Dr. I provided Prof Taylor’s notes to Drs and the Criteria for Type 2 Remission BMJ Sept 2017. Not heard anything back as yet, maybe a little soon but I will contact the surgery Manager Monday to see if I have been successful. Any extra ammo will be appreciated.
So far as I know I haven't been recoded but will ask at my next review with the DN (the one who thought I was overdosing on insulin last year). I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Prof Taylors CP10 but will now go away and google it...

Perthperth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So far as I know I haven't been recoded but will ask at my next review with the DN (the one who thought I was overdosing on insulin last year). I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Prof Taylors CP10 but will now go away and google it...

Sorry new on here and got slightly lost . You are a true inspiration bulkbiker and I lurk around often without signing in but have read most of your postings closely.

Reactions: Prem51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No it was a very thick slice from the butcher,... I asked them for a thick slice and it weighed 1.8kg.... which I had cut into "lumps". It was very beefy ( a bit too beefy for hubs but very tasty) I dry pan fried it as I'm not allowed to blow torch in the kitchen and the electric heat gun doesn't get hot enough!

I must admit the stainless steel prep bench helps make the blow torch a bit more practical.

Perthperth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
0E2D5266-A4E0-4332-83C8-31F6D752873D.jpeg 8CAAAB7B-DC90-4A9E-884A-1EBD4BD1DBB0.png
Sorry new on here and got slightly lost . You are a true inspiration bulkbiker and I lurk around often without signing in but have read most of your postings closely.

Last edited:

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think there are probably (at least) 50 lurkers for every person who actively engages with the forum. You touch the lives of many people, BulkBiker :) You are very generous with your knowledge, and as they say, the proof is in the (not so) pudding!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask if you have been re-coded or have any knowledge of Prof Taylor’s CP10 he speaks of bulkbiker? I asked my DN at my yearly review on Monday as I more than fit the criteria. The DN said she would pass the information on to the Surgery Manager/Dr. I provided Prof Taylor’s notes to Drs and the Criteria for Type 2 Remission BMJ Sept 2017. Not heard anything back as yet, maybe a little soon but I will contact the surgery Manager Monday to see if I have been successful. Any extra ammo will be appreciated.
I can't find anything about Prof Taylors CP10 thingy do you have a link somewhere that could point me at it?
I'm not a huge fan of the Newcastle Diet but am interested in anything he puts out (if only to pick holes in it!).

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To all who have responded many thanks indeed for your very kind words.
I'm extremely happy to be of help to anyone who ends up here as it appears this forum may have contributed to the longevity of my eyes and toes and you mob do a great job of keeping me on the straight(ish) and narrow.
Much love to all.
M

Perthperth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't find anything about Prof Taylors CP10 thingy do you have a link somewhere that could point me at it?
I'm not a huge fan of the Newcastle Diet but am interested in anything he puts out (if only to pick holes in it!).

I have put 2 references #23 above also http://eprints.gla.ac.uk/148735/ heading Coding for health records, pages 3/4.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree @shelley262

@bulkbiker you are not only an inspiration but so generous with your time and advice on here, advice that is always based on personal experience and careful research. Congratulations and I’d love to be a fly on the wall (or a bug on the line) at your consultation!
Here here. So many people have a lot to thank you for, myself included. Cant thank you enough @bulkbiker. Great stats!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think so otherwise someone else just polished off 400g of rump steak pan fried after sous-viding for 36 hours..
GNG eat yer heart out!
A lchf theif. We need new legislation, and quick. Ha ha
Next we will have people sagging us off for the ozone layer due to too much meat eating for our health.

A very well done.

I wonder what else you achieve with such passion?
An inspiration and yes isn't thanked enough for perseverance. Just for reading my lengthy posts alone. Ha ha
I consider you one of life's true health crusaders and a huge help in times of any hiccup.
So pleased you're not too busy moderating to keep, even me, on the straight and narrow.
Life is hard being severely IR, especially since its invisible to most health professionals. If we needed a chalk on it we would be understood more. Instead our fat reserves overspill due to regular metabolism failing us and its all our own fault.
If there's a man who can speak for me..... than it would only be you I trust.
You even get how so many hormones plight we woman's attempts. Ignorance is dispelled through great patience and great listening skills. A quality money and class cannot buy.
Well done! :) :) :)

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
p.s. me too.... especially when they say thank you to everyone else and not me... But then I remember I'm the grumpy old git so brush it off.

Congratulations to a work very well completed this far, and if I know you even a bit, you probably will keep up your good work - even if you have to go trough mountains :)

I take my hat off, and bow in admiration.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For full transparency here are my results since diagnosis

View attachment 29046

This most recent test was the first time I had the Fasting Insulin test from Medichecks. For the previous two I used my own finger prick reading which on Monday was 5.9 so looks like I should pay the extra £10 over the fasting insulin test and get medichecks to do the calculation..as their FBG is more accurate.
Wow. Just... Wow!

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
anyone at our surgery has ever been classified such (I doubt it as their advice is so appalling!).

Tell me about it !!!

I've had 3 different surgeries in the last 3 years and each one wants to classify me ina different way.

Numpties :banghead:

AllieRainbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much for all your advice and encouragement @bulkbiker - you are both an inspiration and an example of how this diagnosis can change lives for the better - informed is better than ill!

It means so much to find so many supportive and encouraging people on here, you included.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker (AKA Des.) Coming late to this thread, but want to add my congratulations. I echo what everyone else has said. You often tell other members they are a superstar, but you are the biggest superstar there is. It is an unbelievable achievement. Thank you for the help and advice over the last few years. :):)