What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here you are.
National crisis averted!!!
:D:D:D
https://www.myketokitchen.com/keto-recipes/ketogenic-crunchy-halloumi-cheese-fries/
upload_2018-10-19_12-16-23.jpeg

Reactions: maglil55

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Due to recent diagnosis, I have only just started my low carb journey. Breakfast this morning was a slice of Hi-Lo bread spread with butter and a laughing cow cheese wedge. Topped with smoked salmon and a scrambled egg. Total 6g carbs.

Lunch will be some paprika chicken wings I baked last night and I'm still contemplating what to have for dinner View attachment 29059
That looks delishous x

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another early post food wise as I keep forgetting later on

Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Pate on five sourdough crackers (10g carbs), chicken bites, rollitos, olives, tomatoes, cucumber and pepper. Strawberries and cream with pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Later for Dinner - Chicken grill with small sweetcorn portion and ahem:rolleyes: halloumi fries. Quick dinner so eating the shop bought ones first @Brunneria! This is so I can provide a well balanced and honest review for @DJC3 . The things I do.

Snacks - probably have a go at @Goonergal chocolate mousse for one now I have my little mitts on some Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.
and smoked almonds......of course

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your kind and thoughtful words, @maglil55. Yes, I agree, it could also be a bug -- I'll probably won't know unless it decides to rear its head.

What makes me think that it might be the liver is that blood sugars drop right after food and rise when no food is involved. So, insulin actions seems to block glucagon release after food, and once insulin levels fall, the liver seems to chuck out glucose in excess. -- However, I might be totally wrong about this -- just trying to guess.

How are you doing today, @maglil55, after this truly awful week for you? Thinking of you.
I'm OK thanks ziggy. I had the boys most of today so they're a distraction and we're off to Liverpool early tomorrow for the Terracotta Warrior Exhibition. We're back late Monday and the funeral is Wednesday so it gives me a few days away beforehand.

Reactions: Brunneria

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope everyone had a good Friday weather so lovely after a foggy start and managed a good walk too - wonderful autumn colours quite amazing and uplifting.
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg
Lunch veggie soup and LC seeded crispbreads
Dinner chilli on bed of buttered mushrooms and glass of red followed by LC trifle ( I’m perfecting the recipe for when go to mums in just over a weeks time! Well that’s my excuse !)
Have been checking EMIS patient records a few times today knowing test results wouldn’t be there - but you just can’t help yourself! Reminder to self get an appointment for tests early in the week so you don’t have to put up with the extra weekend wait!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope everyone had a good Friday weather so lovely after a foggy start and managed a good walk too - wonderful autumn colours quite amazing and uplifting.
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg
Lunch veggie soup and LC seeded crispbreads
Dinner chilli on bed of buttered mushrooms and glass of red followed by LC trifle ( I’m perfecting the recipe for when go to mums in just over a weeks time! Well that’s my excuse !)
Have been checking EMIS patient records a few times today knowing test results wouldn’t be there - but you just can’t help yourself! Reminder to self get an appointment for tests early in the week so you don’t have to put up with the extra weekend wait!

Shelley - My results are often "published to me" after hours. I think my GP does a bit of work in the early evenings.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to recent diagnosis, I have only just started my low carb journey. Breakfast this morning was a slice of Hi-Lo bread spread with butter and a laughing cow cheese wedge. Topped with smoked salmon and a scrambled egg. Total 6g carbs.

Lunch will be some paprika chicken wings I baked last night and I'm still contemplating what to have for dinner View attachment 29059
Welcome to this thread great that you are recording what you eat - great idea. Most of us on this thread find it really helpful to record it kind of helps through the day that you need to write down everything you eat!
Your menu so far sounds amazing look forward to hearing more from you

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all and welcome @tickorama your breakfast looks very impressive - love the cheffy touches, they make it look extra special.

B: Cheese and mushroom omelette. Coffee and cream.

L: Salad of crispy lettuce, spinach fried courgette, bacon, avocado and a lot of hm mayo. Then a low carb brownie and clotted cream

D: in the oven atm DD broccoli and cauliflower gratin with sausage. Not sure about this one, we’ll see.

Edit to correct spelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Dull start (the weather not me) but glorious by 3.30 when I did my impersonation of a walk. Miscalculated things today so ended up an OMAD day with 26 hrs between meals. @shelley262 don't sweat the small stuff, results will be fine. @tickorama, welcome and that's a high standard you've set. #halloumifriesgate is interesting - we just deep fry them.
Breakfast: Tea
Dockey : None
Lunch : Waitrose coffee with jersey double cream - (it was reduced so I decided to use it)
Mid Afternoon: Tea
Evening meal: IP fish stew; parmesan shavings; 3 flaxseed crackers; small piece of Gruyere; tea

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Cheese omelette, black tea, black coffee.
L. Whitebait and mayo
Snack. Mixed nuts
D. Quorn sausage Spanish casserole. Aldi double choc mini-dessert (14g carb)
Fell off the wagon on recent trip to Edinburgh. Went to the Georgian Tearooms in a magnificent building called The Dome. Had an excellent cream tea in beautiful surroundings. Also walked solidly for 2 days so I hope I have headed off the damage!! No sign of halloumi fries.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Welcome to the thread @tickorama that breakfast looks delicious.

@ziggy_w glad BG is behaving a bit better and hope your headache soon goes.

@Brunneria and @maglil55 the halloumi fries wrapped in bacon may make it to my weekend menu. I picked up some halloumi burgers in Coop this morning (see pic).

Had a carnivore day today - intend to keep it going for a while. Definitely helps with hunger.

Lunch was smoked salmon and cream cheese.

Dinner was chicken wings with Parmesan, pork crunch and garlic salt coating (ditched dusting with ground almonds).

Attachments

• 233AC320-05A1-4086-BC6E-3E1ADF15C4DB.jpeg
    233AC320-05A1-4086-BC6E-3E1ADF15C4DB.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 332
  • 4FE8FAB9-F473-47B3-A5A2-A87D747A09C0.jpeg
    4FE8FAB9-F473-47B3-A5A2-A87D747A09C0.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 342

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B. Cheese omelette, black tea, black coffee.
L. Whitebait and mayo
Snack. Mixed nuts
D. Quorn sausage Spanish casserole. Aldi double choc mini-dessert (14g carb)
Fell off the wagon on recent trip to Edinburgh. Went to the Georgian Tearooms in a magnificent building called The Dome. Had an excellent cream tea in beautiful surroundings. Also walked solidly for 2 days so I hope I have headed off the damage!! No sign of halloumi fries.
The Dome used to be one of the big banks branches - RBS. I worked in the office next door for a while and used to cut down the side of the building to work. There's another along the road The Standing Order that used to be a Bank of Scotland. There's a number of grand buildings that used to be banks or insurance companies along George Street. Now They are mostly pubs/restaurants but it is nice how they incorporated the original interiors. Mind, they didn't have much choice , they are listed buildings.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The Dome used to be one of the big banks branches - RBS. I worked in the office next door for a while and used to cut down the side of the building to work. There's another along the road The Standing Order that used to be a Bank of Scotland. There's a number of grand buildings that used to be banks or insurance companies along George Street. Now They are mostly pubs/restaurants but it is nice how they incorporated the original interiors. Mind, they didn't have much choice , they are listed buildings.
Have a good break in Liverpool @maglil55 hope you manage to have a couple of good days before the sad difficult time next week take care

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Evening all

B..2 boiled eggs, on hovis low carb bread cup of tea
L few brazil nuts and a bit of cheese
D 2 chicken breast's wrapped in bacon with a bit of cheese sprinkled over, baby plum toms, cucumber, and yellow peppers, with chia seeds scattered over.

xx

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

B..2 boiled eggs, on hovis low carb bread cup of tea
L few brazil nuts and a bit of cheese
D 2 chicken breast's wrapped in bacon with a bit of cheese sprinkled over, baby plum toms, cucumber, and yellow peppers, with chia seeds scattered over.

xx
Welcome to this thread. Sounds like good stuff out of interest though have you tried the lower carb bread like livlife from Waitrose or ocado or Hilo from Sainsburys? The hovis is higher carb than these two - mind you lower than the standard stuff!