What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Results in at last! Very happy - it has gone up from 30 to 31 but as my sugr said 30.6 and with the round up or down the difference is probably minimal. I’ve been off Metformin for a year now and also upped my food and carbs a bit in recent months. In May when got my 30 I was still regularly fasting to lose weight and well below 20g per day now eat 3 meals and stick to below 30g with more veg. Celebrating with glass of red - don’t usually partake on a Tuesday!
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg
Lunch chicken and almonds - picnic in Birmingham had with coffee and cream in m and s!
Dinner two lamb chops, buttered mushrooms and raita with glass of red planning bit of choc with coffee in a bit
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Results in at last! Very happy it has gone up from 30 to 31 but as my sugr said 30.6 and with the round up or down the difference is probably minimal. I’ve been off Metformin for a year now and also upped my food and carbs a bit in recent months. In May when got my 30 I was still regularly fasting to lose weight and well below 20g per day now eat 3 meals and stick to below 30g with more veg. Celebrating with glass of red - don’t usually partake on a Tuesday!
Lunch chicken and almonds - picnic in Birmingham had with coffee and cream in m and s!
Dinner two lamb chops, buttered mushrooms and raita with glass of red planning bit of choc with coffee in a bit
Congrats on an inspirational result!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Firstly, congratulations @shelley262 great results and fair reward for all your hard work.
I will exceed all my targets today so all good. Julie was ill and in bed most of the day so my targets were:
ensure there are 2 humans, 2 dogs and 9 chickens fed, watered and safely locked up by dark. I over achieved by making the almond milk, cutting up the gurnard and freezing it ready for stock, 20 mins exercise bike and watching cricket. 7.4k steps so far - mostly taking drinks and food to the patient
Breakfast: Tea
Early Dockey : Tassimo americano with cream (Kenco)
Lunch : Large salad with tin of mackerel in olive oil; chia seeds; Tea
Mid Afternoon: Tea
Evening meal: Lamb breast; roast sprouts and portobello mushrooms - I can use an oven:angelic:
@Rachox glad you found the CCG recipe.
Edit: Best of all I have had sole charge of the dishwasher:):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Firstly, congratulations @shelley262 great results and fair reward for all your hard work.
I will exceed all my targets today so all good. Julie was ill and in bed most of the day so my targets were:
ensure there are 2 humans, 2 dogs and 9 chickens fed, watered and safely locked up by dark. I over achieved by making the almond milk, cutting up the gurnard and freezing it ready for stock, 20 mins exercise bike and watching cricket. 7.4k steps so far - mostly taking drinks and food to the patient
Evening meal: Lamb breast; roast sprouts and portobello mushrooms - I can use an oven:angelic:
Hope Julie feels better soon meanwhile sounds like you’re doing a great job managing everything on your own. X

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Results in at last! Very happy - it has gone up from 30 to 31 but as my sugr said 30.6 and with the round up or down the difference is probably minimal. I’ve been off Metformin for a year now and also upped my food and carbs a bit in recent months. In May when got my 30 I was still regularly fasting to lose weight and well below 20g per day now eat 3 meals and stick to below 30g with more veg. Celebrating with glass of red - don’t usually partake on a Tuesday!

Brilliant @shelley262 that’s a fantastic result. Your diet is exemplary so it’s no surprise you have such good results. Enjoy your wine this evening - very well deserved.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Your evening meal sounds lovely, I hope it doesn’t sound patronising if I say well done.
I hope Mrs P is up and about again soon ( don’t feel I can use her Christian name as we haven’t been introduced)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
@maglil55 glad you had a good break and a bit of distraction from the horrible day ahead of you. I hope it goes well, and wish you strength.

@Pipp your break sounds lovely too. I’m off to Aqua fit tomorrow as well, it’s great fun but I am a bit rubbish at it.

Still following the DD menu plan as far as poss and bgs are better than they’ve been for a few months. I can’t help but worry about the amount of fat I’m eating though and I definitely need to start making mayo again as most of the recipes Ive tried contain bucket loads.

B: 2 scrambled eggs. Coffee and cream.

L: DD roll filled with turkey breast, avocado and mayo ( left over from yesterday tea) plus a slice of emmental. More coffee and cream.

D: Chicken skewers with celeriac chips and spinach dipping sauce.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Pipp

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your evening meal sounds lovely, I hope it doesn’t sound patronising if I say well done.
I hope Mrs P is up and about again soon ( don’t feel I can use her Christian name as we haven’t been introduced)
Her real name is Petunia:angelic: The first meal I ever cooked her was lamb leg, studded with garlic and rosemary and brushed with honey. My hedgehog potatoes were legendary. I can cook but need to keep it simple to suit us both. I don't do dessert:banghead:

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant @shelley262
Absolutely brilliant!

Today has been a 2 egg scramble with butter and cheese for breakfast, then butter chicken this evening. :D

Reactions: ziggy_w

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant result and something for me to aspire to!!x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope Julie feels better soon meanwhile sounds like you’re doing a great job managing everything on your own. X
Thanks. The hardest part was not making myself one of the sourdough bacon sandwiches with tomato sauce that I made Julie as a pick me up - very tempted. Last task is to make the toddy - that was always my job. Can't make myself any now - honey and ribena aren't diabetic friendly - rum is ok though. Could tell you the spices but then I'd have to kill y'all:angelic: (Mace, cinnamon and cloves are involved)
Does anyone have a good diabetic friendly toddy recipe?

Last edited:

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi lo toast and butter
Lunch - Last of pate, M&S unsmoked bacon strips, salad, olives. Blackberry clafoutis and cream.
Dinner - Home made chicken in mushroom sauce, loads of carrots, not enough to turn orange tho'. Two squares of 85% Lindt.
Snacks - Smoked almonds
Baked two 'normal' cakes for husband to take into work tomorrow - one chocolate fudge the other ginger. Then made clafoutis as felt left out:bigtears:

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Hi all, hope your day has been good.

B..cup of tea with almond milk.
L..2 boiled eggs and chia seeds,
D...3 rashers back bacon, mushrooms, baby plum toms, and a bit of grated cheddar, and 2 squares of lindt 90% dark choccie, nom
S...some brazil nuts
Few more cuppa's and water...x

Reactions: ziggy_w and Tori71

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Im making a chia pud for tomorrow, but forgot the vanilla essence, durr....is it needed, or will it be ok without, thank you x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im making a chia pud for tomorrow, but forgot the vanilla essence, durr....is it needed, or will it be ok without, thank you x
Do you have any other essences in? I often use lemon or orange instead.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: tuna mayo with cauliflower and brocolli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: lamb and mushroom stir fry, extra bean sprouts instead of noodles followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: tuna mayo with cauliflower and brocolli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: lamb and mushroom stir fry, extra bean sprouts instead of noodles followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Winner for extra bean sprouts - please say there were some water chestnuts in there

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. A bit late posting tonight as hit the swimming pool to de-stress after work. Only Tuesday but feels like a full week already. @ianpspurs the office could do with some instruction from Mrs P/Julie on dishwasher stacking (and shared kitchen etiquette in general.

@shelley262 brilliant result! Well deserved - hope you’ve enjoyed your red wine.

@fran57 chia pudding will be just fine without the extract

Today’s menu was smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch and a minced beef, bacon and cheesy concoction with a few onion granules thrown in. Very tasty and BG went down between eating and swimming.

Finally, @maglil55 will be thinking of you tomorrow.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. A bit late posting tonight as hit the swimming pool to de-stress after work. Only Tuesday but feels like a full week already. @ianpspurs the office could do with some instruction from Mrs P/Julie on dishwasher stacking (and shared kitchen etiquette in general.

@shelley262 brilliant result! Well deserved - hope you’ve enjoyed your red wine.

@fran57 chia pudding will be just fine without the extract

Today’s menu was smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch and a minced beef, bacon and cheesy concoction with a few onion granules thrown in. Very tasty and BG went down between eating and swimming.

Finally, @maglil55 will be thinking of you tomorrow.
I think there's a programme to be made on the Great British (dishwasher) Stackoff

Reactions: Pipp