What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope everyone had a good day
Breakfast quarter lodough eggy bread, bacon and egg
Lunch ham, cheese, nuts and a couple of home grown purple tomatoes
Dinner thanks @Bubbsie did halloumi chips using your recipe what a revelation - they will be a regular addition to my repertoire and made double so on menu for tomorrow too!why didn’t I try them before? Pork ribs, halloumi fries and buttered mushrooms with glass dry white wine followed by Lc raspberry mousse.
I’m intrigued to know if the recipe for halloumi fries you mention here differs from mine, can you share please? I’ve missed far too many posts to try and find it :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp your break sounds lovely too. I’m off to Aqua fit tomorrow as well, it’s great fun but I am a bit rubbish at it.

I cannot believe anyone could be even just a little bit rubbish at aquafit, @DJC3 . The water holds you up, and as most moves are under the surface nobody can see how you are moving anyway. I am sure you are fine.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cannot believe anyone could be even just a little bit rubbish at aquafit, @DJC3 . The water holds you up, and as most moves are under the surface nobody can see how you are moving anyway. I am sure you are fine.
Agreed - no one has any idea what you are doing (unless there is a scuba diver on the loose). You'll soon be an expert.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts. Yesterday was awful but not as awful as I feared. Just catching up again having gone back into routine today. I did smile at @Goonergal's code and @ianpspurs 'hovering' - it put a Michael J Fox vision in my head! I'm not sure everything had hit me yet but routine is good.
Bed 6.7 FBG was also 6.7. It did go up into the 8's for a short time but soon descended again.
B. Very early start to get ready, boys to breakfast club and through the traffic so coffee only and water in the car. 1 hr 50 mins later made it to the church.
L. After the services in an Italian restaurant but a buffet where there was food I'd love to eat but very little I could eat. Was impressed by hubby though who glanced along the trays and could pick out what was or wasn't OK. Ended up with a slice of mortadella, 2 slices salami, 10 mussels , octopus salad and 3 brussel sprouts and green beans. Weird I know but that was it. I was one of 3 drivers so it was 1.5 bottles of water for me no wine.
D. Had a large bowl of the broccoli and spinach soup I made yesterday and it tasted just as good as the one I had in the restaurant in Bath. Will have it again tomorrow and freeze the rest. It's very green.
Had another coffee and a grenade caramel chaos bar after as I was dozing off.
Keep on hovering @ianpspurs!
Apologies for not realising earlier. Still catching up after holiday. My condolences, too, @maglil55 . So sorry for your recent loss.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Agreed - no one has any idea what you are doing (unless there is a scuba diver on the loose). You'll soon be an expert.
I confess, I am very short-sighted, so wear goggles, made for me by the optician, that have my spectacle prescription lenses fitted. I swim underwater, and see all!;):eek:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
@Goonergal you must be exhausted, you’ve been so busy recently.

I had another day of DietDoctor meals:

B: Breakfast sandwich of 2 fried eggs with wafer thin smoked ham and a slice of Emmental between them.

L: Deli roast beef, homemade coleslaw a small tomato and a dill pickle. This turned out to be a sweet one - hadn’t read the label. Bgs went up from 4.9 to 6.5. Disappointing, it was only a pickle after all, not a chocolate digestive.

D: Chicken stir fry with oyster myshrooms yellow pepper, celery and BareNaked noodles ( made from konjac flour)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Breakfast: Greek yogurt, no lunch, Dinner mushroom omelette.

Today: Breakfast sliver of Wensleydale, coffee. Lunch: slice of low carb muffin, peanut butter, coffee. Dinner: minced steak with onion, cauliflower mash. Mineral water.

So annoying that I have little appetite. Almost having to force myself to eat. Not losing weight, though. Seriously considering fasting for a couple of days. Blood glucose levels are looking better, apart from early morning 7s. Seeing plenty 6s and 5s. Would prefer 5s and 4s.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: no coconut ‘porridge’! :wideyed: Fasted for my blood test this morning in case a lipid panel was done but needn’t have as Dr had only ordered an HbA1c to check effect of dropping one Metformin 3 months ago.
Mid morning snack to tide me over til lunch: raspberry chia pudding and coffee with cream.
Lunch: 1/2 tin stewed steak with cauliflower followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Dinner: cheese omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thats why I like it - nobody can see how rubbish I am, with arms and legs all doing the wrong things at the wrong times lol. Must get some of those grippy shoes though - I keep slipping.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: no coconut ‘porridge’! :wideyed: Fasted for my blood test this morning in case a lipid panel was done but needn’t have as Dr had only ordered an HbA1c to check effect of dropping one Metformin 3 months ago.
Mid morning snack to tide me over til lunch: raspberry chia pudding and coffee with cream.
Lunch: 1/2 tin stewed steak with cauliflower followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Dinner: cheese omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Hope all test results come back as all your hard work deserves.

Reactions: DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Don't you see the phlebotomy request docs Rachox? I have mine already for my next bloods (for my Levothyroxine titration) in a couple of weeks.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't you see the phlebotomy request docs Rachox? I have mine already for my next bloods (for my Levothyroxine titration) in a couple of weeks.

No, the phlebotomist at the surgery just prints out labels from the request the dr had entered on the computer. I didn’t think they were going to do lipids but I didn’t want to be caught out!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope your results come back with numbers that bring a smile to your face x

Reactions: GrumpyOldPhart

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Crossing fingers for your test results - you deserve good results - hope you hear soon the waiting is the hardest bit I find.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yikes! How did you cope with no coconut porridge?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I confess, I am very short-sighted, so wear goggles, made for me by the optician, that have my spectacle prescription lenses fitted. I swim underwater, and see all!;):eek:

Me too! Without the goggles I bump into people all the time!

Reactions: ziggy_w and Pipp

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Forum withdrawal symptoms for me after the briefest of engagement yesterday - WiFi dropped once on train home and once home it was straight to bed. Having a bit of a catch up this morning.

@Brunneria getting up at silly o’clock is not at all unusual for me. If I sleep deeply 5 hours is plenty. It’s disturbed sleep of any length that puts me off kilter.

@jayney27 great to see you back. Will definitely add paprika to my next batch of halloumi fries. Did you wrap them in bacon? I found that delicious. Didn’t go for the full @Bubbsie recipe as I don’t get on with chilli. @shelley262 will be interested to see how the prepared ones turn out.

@DJC3 yes am exhausted. Today will also be busy then I’m intending to grab as much me time as possible over the weekend. Although will be doing a mega bake as I volunteered to make the cakes for the surprise birthday do we’re planning for a colleague’s 60th birthday on Monday. I’ll be having that breakfast sandwich for lunch on Sunday.

@Rachox hope the results are as good as you deserve.

Now on to the point of this post. An update on my carnivore eating. Although I haven’t eaten much veg for quite a while last week was my first full week completely sticking to animal based products only (aside from the bag of salted almonds I ate on the train last night: BG had dropped down to 4 at the two hour post dinner reading and I was quite hungry).

Reversed a trend of very small weekly increases that had taken me just over the upper weight limit I have set. This week lost 1.2kg and 1cm from my waist. Ketones have shot up from 0.8 to 4.5 (the metallic taste in my mouth was pretty extreme yesterday). Desire for sweet things, which I think was being triggered by Diet Coke and nut based products, is much reduced and despite crazy work schedule have had lots of energy. Plenty of reasons to keep going.

Reactions: DJC3