Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Yes, but with 2 separate years of just metformin as well. :) My GP only allows me to have metformin when my BGs are 49 or above...grrr

Maybe you need to look at what you eat and make some changes again we all go through this I’ve been Diet controlled for 2 years and
My figures go up and down a bit I just try and tweak a bit to get it back it’s not easy but I want to stay off the drugs DONT give up keep trying

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, but with 2 separate years of just metformin as well. :) My GP only allows me to have metformin when my BGs are 49 or above...grrr

You’ve done remarkably well then. I wish my GP was on the ball enough to adjust meds depending on HbA1c - apart from the last one I saw, they are all tick box types - ‘diabetic therefore take some pills and off you go. Next’

Reactions: bigjim19 and zand

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
considering i went completly off the rails yesterday a few minutes ago fbs was 5.0..@ 0632..wont be on here for a few days im off to faro till thursday.......looks nice outside dog walking beckons ..have a good day all....

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
considering i went completly off the rails yesterday a few minutes ago fbs was 5.0..@ 0632..wont be on here for a few days im off to faro till thursday.......looks nice outside dog walking beckons ..have a good day all....
Enjoy your time away.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 - no matter how you dress it up that ain't good for or to me. Searching for positives, I slept until almost 7.00 am so that worked. This is/was sold as a bg control WOE/lifestyle but it seems to be a fad diet that sometimes has those benefits.

Last edited:

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Met with an endocrinologist at the airport yesterday and had a very long conversation about T2.

He said when fasting blood glucose levels starts to read from 8 mmols/l and above, despite low carbing, is when the pancreas is failing and a good sign to start insulin therapy.

Yikes!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning despite another low carb day yesterday, however unlike you @DJC3 i will have breakfast as without eating my numbers continue to climb, fasting doesn’t appear to work for me :banghead:
I feel your frustration @ianpspurs i sometimes long for the ignorant bliss before the meter came to live at my house, to test or not to test, damned if we do and damned if we don’t :arghh:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning despite another low carb day yesterday, however unlike you @DJC3 i will have breakfast as without eating my numbers continue to climb, fasting doesn’t appear to work for me :banghead:
I feel your frustration @ianpspurs i sometimes long for the ignorant bliss before the meter came to live at my house, to test or not to test, damned if we do and damned if we don’t :arghh:
Rock and hard place situation. Refusing to face the issue leads to disaster - knowing the truth leads to angst. Given the choice between retaining limbs. eyesight etc angst seems a bargain:arghh: