What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone
After a very frost start we had another very cold wet day here

Coffee with cream on waking
B omelette with a slice of ham, feta and tomato
L my favourite cauliflower soup and a piece of homemade pork crackling
Mid afternoon coffee with cream and a raspberry clafoutis
D some celeriac chips, fried egg, mushrooms and bacon

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think we must have been v lucky today - and got all the good weather while you got all the bad.

Beautiful sun, blue sky and brisk wind. Heavenly lunchtime dog walk. I have next week off work, so I expect it will start raining on Sat am and stop the Sunday night before I go back to work. The poor doglets haven’t had enough exercise the last few days, wot with the weather. The Bounce Factor had reached melting point, so great to let them blow off steam.

No brekkie, as usual.
Lunch was duck soup, made from last week’s duck carcass and giblets, plus a lot of the duck fat I had reserved. I used chilli and xylitol and garlic to do an instant ‘sweet chilli sauce’.
Supper was oomi noodles with garlic butter and prawns. And a dollop of goatsmilk yog.

Still no success eliminating dairy. I think I may just abandon the idea. I just enjoy it sooooo much.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Some of @Brunneria s nice weather also reached London. Chilly but sunny - long lunchtime walk along the Regents Canal to an afternoon meeting which conveniently took me to Five Guys for a lunch of bunless bacon cheeseburger.

Longer post meeting walk to catch train home for dinner of chicken wings coated in pork crackling, Parmesan and garlic salt followed by 35g salted macadamia nuts and 2 squares of Ghirardelli 92% chocolate.

@ziggy_w you may regret the Lidl roll revelation. I feel a raft of requests for import coming on.

@shelley262 can feel an advent calendar coming on.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

@Goonergal and @shelley262 -- no problem, I'll be happy to bring some Lidl protein rolls in January.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Some homemade mushroom-zucchini-cream soup. About one-third of a Lidl protein roll with soft cheese and chicken liver pate. A glass of red wine.

Dinner: A small piece of lamb with sauce Bearnaise, lupin bean hummus and roasted vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, bellpepper, mushrooms).

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

@Goonergal and @shelley262 -- no problem, I'll be happy to bring some Lidl protein rolls in January.

Lunch: Some homemade mushroom-zucchini-cream soup. About one-third of a Lidl protein roll with soft cheese and chicken liver pate. A glass of red wine.

Dinner: A small piece of lamb with sauce Bearnaise, lupin bean hummus and roasted vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, bellpepper, mushrooms).

I looked in Lidl for protein rolls when in Hannover last month but didn’t spot any.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Wonderful I used to really like them I used to carefully slice them up into small portions and freeze so one would last about three meals as a side - sounds a bit like what you do Ziggy having a third for lunch they are a good size.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just found my yesterday’s food post in the wrong thread, so here it is, better late than never!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over edamame carbonara followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: salmon fillets with creamy peppercorn sauce, mixed veg and swede and carrot mash followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite cold and damp today. Ate breakfast and felt fuller. Made no difference to higher bg so seems to be a waste of carbs and cals really. May give it a few more goes and eat after exercise. Hope everyone else had good days.
Breakfast: - Tea : - 3 pints early doors; 2 slices of Schneider brot protein stuffage, smashed avocado and 2 poached eggs; dog walk and replenished chickens bedding
Dockey : Nothing
Lunch : Normal Avocado and mackerel salad with blue cheese
Mid Afternoon: Coffee with soya cream
Evening meal: Cheese and 2 or 3 pieces cold turkey leg - lots of NFL as no Julie; may be some bourbon for Thanksgiving

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all felt very cold much of today - feel I’m only just warming up - think need to invest in more layers or jumpers!
No breakfast just lots of coffee and cream as early Pilates
Lunch mushroom and cheese 2 egg omlette followed by nibble of Shropshire blue cheese handful of nuts and one square 81% chocolate with cup of coffee
Dinner trout, cauliflower and some hollandaise sauce with glass very dry white wine followed by scoop of vanilla and chocolate oppo ice cream with a bit of cream. Decaf coffee in a bit.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another cold day here and I feel the cold so much more than I used to!
B 2 slices of ham and cheese, handful of nuts
L slices of roast beef, cheese, peppers and tomatoes with mayo
D roasted chicken thighs with sprouts cooked with pancetta, mushroom and cream, raspberry clafoutis and a glass of red

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, with BG restored, having tested 4new tubs of strips that arrived, all of which giving me my ‘normal readings’ and all within 0.3mmmol of each other whilst my old strips at the same time reading 1.2mmmol higher, I’m putting my unexplained readings down to a dodgy tub of strips. So the world seems a much happier place this afternoon:
Breakfast - black tea
Lunch - just my protein peanut & chocolate bar
Dinner - a peppered grill steak, my first ever try of celeriac, which I dusted with paprika and turned into chips (verdict is very yummy!) with some lettuce and peppers and mayo

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another cold day here and I feel the cold so much more than I used to!
B 2 slices of ham and cheese, handful of nuts
L slices of roast beef, cheese, peppers and tomatoes with mayo
D roasted chicken thighs with sprouts cooked with pancetta, mushroom and cream, raspberry clafoutis and a glass of red
I agree I have a need to replace lack of body padding with layers of clothes! Felt it last winter but lost more since then!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also freezing in this neck of the woods. Didn’t have to scrape the car this morning though, thankfully.

No breakfast as I had a morning yoga class and I’ve found from experience that it’s not a good idea to eat within 3 or 4 hrs.

Lunch: ham and cabbage soup done in IP - delicious. Small IP custard afterwards.

Tea with almond milk, coffee with cream throughout the afternoon.

Dinner: DD Keto Lasagne. This was excellent! If you are missing lasagne I thoroughly recommend it - everyone had seconds even though they were stuffed. The lasagne sheets look very unprepossessing when first prepared and I’d recommend rolling them very thin, but it worked brilliantly. I prepared the ‘pasta’ and mince a couple of days ago and left them in the fridge then just assembled today with granddaughters help and poured the cheesy sauce over. Had it with a green leafy salad and 2 glasses of red.

Off to pack now for our annual family Storm Watching break in a cottage overlooking Fistral beach, I’m really looking forward to it, even though it’s just down the road now. The wilder the weather the better!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, with BG restored, having tested 4new tubs of strips that arrived, all of which giving me my ‘normal readings’ and all within 0.3mmmol of each other whilst my old strips at the same time reading 1.2mmmol higher, I’m putting my unexplained readings down to a dodgy tub of strips.

That’s quite a difference, I’m so glad it’s now sorted out.