What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Late on parade because taxi-ing OH to the next town. Anyway 6.6 not worthtalking about really. Busy day ahead. I have never had a. Christmas jumper either. I would probably only wear it in the house and then would get too hot. I have a nice red velvet top that I wear every Christmas day though.
Have a great Friday everyone. Stay well, safe and if you can hypo free.
PS. @DJC3 we have had a leak in our extension roof over the past 2 weeks but all local roofers are run off their feet and still waiting to get a slot from one. Hope you have more luck Cornish winters can be harsh.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
oh my
Haha sounds brilliant. Maybe we should all change our avatars to Christmas jumper wearing ones
@OrsonKartt you’ll have to rush off to the charity shop and get yours back. How could you give it away?
There is only so much storage space and I wore it twice in over 2 years...... I dont mind a bit of fancy dress and I love to see people out there doing it but am happy to pass on the actual wearing of it all..... On the 25th there is a big Xmas swim here. Hundreds of people many dressed as Santa and other well know fairy tales plunge themselves into a near freezing sea. I'm happy to pass on that too. It is however a fine site to see.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.2 this morning, quite pleased with that. It has been a bit up and down the last couple of days as I was in Bruges with all the temptations that that provides. Weather is looking up here again today, totally clear skies. Mr P and I are off out looking for a nice new bed, our old one is more than 25 years old so it's time for an upgrade, bit of a pinch in the 4ft 6 double! Hope everyone is doing well today. I don't have a Christmas jumper - I have a black bah humbug hat instead :)

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Sounds great @Cumberland. Now Sausage wont get any tricks past you! Do you pick him up this weekend?

He’ll be ready to pick up around 9th December so not long now

Actually popping out to see him this afternoon so I can properly see him clearly

He’s gonna be spoiled as have bought him lots of toys already lol

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone 4.7 for me.

Originally they were calling for a bit of snow today but have changed it to dry and above freezing. This winter is supposed to be colder than usual in eastern Canada :( due to the influence of El Nino (a band of warm water in the Pacific near the equator that affects winter weather in North America).

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.3 this morning so I ate a few glucose tablets and rose up to 5.7 all ok

Have a very good day folks

Good afternoon cumbs. I can remember the first time I tried on someone’s glasses in a classroom ( 3rd year in a biology lesson ) it was a miracle I could see the board. I’m thinking your op was a similar eureka moment when the fog went away.. enjoy the sunshine xx

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Felicitations chums..
I’ve got a query . I’ve just started sone new meds and I’ve read the contra indications. Baring in mind I reached the dreaded 50 milestone am I now classed as elderly? Be kind please

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Felicitations chums..
I’ve got a query . I’ve just started sone new meds and I’ve read the contra indications. Baring in mind I reached the dreaded 50 milestone am I now classed as elderly? Be kind please
I have no idea in a medical sense but I’m saying hell no!! My moms a few years past the 50 and there’s no way on Earth I’d refer to her as elderly!