What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.1 today - ok but feels a bit meh. 85 years ago today people were skating on a small pond in this village. Pond has now gone as have my Grandmother and Dad who told me this a few times - would gladly hear their stories again though.
@Cumberland so sorry to hear you continue to battle hypos; : @Emma_369 great fbg but not so great news re throat/virus; @rhubarb73 amazing visual representation of the effort you have put in and the journey you have been on.
Y'all shake that tree as hard as you can today and see what falls out - come back safe tomorrow:)
Edit: Just had the kind of text that makes me feel I/we did an OK job - middle son sent a message asking me to say hello to my dad and tell him Trevor Bayliss had been on the phone when I go to his grave (big cricket family 3 generations played for the village team) Loved that text.

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone 4.4 today hopefully my blood sugars will be in the 5s in the next few days. I felt sick last night but I had to eat a slice of toast as my blood sugar was falling fast I went up to 7 or so and the libre says I have been low most of the night. Have a good day everyone

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and others of no known gender.
Apologies for my absence from the site, but I had been detained at her majesty's pleasure for a few weeks, just for the record mail bags have been replaced with paint brushes.
Blood sugars this morning were 8.9, I was celebrating with peanuts late into the night. Oh and a glass of wine or two.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Restless night unusual for me these days but no issues just went to bed with busy brain - too many to do lists! Clearly used up my blood glucose thinking
4.6 this morning
My plans today include making a low carb baileys from the what did you eat thread see @maglil55 post
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-1017#post-1926408
Which I’m going to give a whirl used to have small glass of baileys the evening the tree went up and so needs doing ready for tree decorating in a few days .
Hope everyone has a good day - at least it’s brighter.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
For those of you who do twitter - here is a rare little treat. I am not really a goldfish. I don't even have a goldfish.
I've gradually learned how to avoid and ignore the cesspit of vileness that lurks on Twitter, and as a result have found it a rich source of information and links, which I'll try to share more of on here (taking care to stay within the rules on promotions).
To you all though, I shall remain Rhubarb the Goldfish.

https://twitter.com/CBRooooney/status/1069708284490383360
I applaud and salute you. Fantastic achievement