What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all weather looks promising for our journey back from the north with mum - car will be packed to the gunnels with all her gear she does not travel light!
Fbg 5.0 this morning
@Emma_369 hope blood draw goes well at least getting it done early in week. I had it done on a Thursday last time and had to wait all weekend! I’m sure your result will be improved with your way of eating etc.
@Goonergal sounds a very odd reading for you not at all in line sounds like you may be fighting a bug? Know you’re testing on two meters otherwise I’d blame the strips and or meter.
Hope everyone has a good day I’d better step to it and get on with squeezing stuff into car!
Your mum is bringing everything bar the kitchen sink it sounds, mine did the same. Oh how I miss moaning at her.'No wonder you have a bad back mum carrying all that around with you all the time!' And that was just her handbag! Then there was the suitcase!! Safe home x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 at this morning! Yay! Maybe I should start waking up at 5:30 more often.
I have no idea what the weather is like outside as it's still dark. But it's cold in here and cat is in my lap.

Last night cheese was my bedtime snack so I may try that again if hungry.

I hope you all are having a good day.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone a nice 5.3 today although it may be down to the burger I had last night from Smash burger in Newcastle very nice meal though so worth a slightly higher BG. Enjoy your day everyone only 13 days until Christmas :)

Y'all have Smash Burger over there? Cool -- we have Smash Burger over here. It was the first place a friend took me out to in Atlanta when we were there.

I can't believe it's only 13 days 'til Christmas. I have got to get my presents wrapped and in the mail, especially the one going to Hawaii, in the next couple of days. I will put up my tree and stuff this weekend.

Reactions: Cumberland

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
Reporting for duty, with a @rhubarb73. inspired 5.9

Liking the posts today, i'm on a well earned day off, me thinks
so plenty to digest while i sip that first brew of the day.

Nice to see @PenguinMum , "BACK in the GAME" after her heroic trip across the Irish sea.
(Where IS @JohnEGreen when he's needed....LoL)

And @Debandez..Love the energy and vitality in you posts

In fact Liking the positive vibe from everyone, even where the situations not the optimum we all seek.

Yep i'm looking at you guys, and throwing hugs out to
@Ziggy2017
@Geoffno6.
@SueJB
@johnpol.
as well.
Hope today goes well for you all.

All you guys just inspire me so much.
You come back from unexpected scores, or the more expected cos your coming down with something or had a stressful day and just dust yourselves off, and get on with it.

The epitome of "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"' i think. '<respect>

i suppose we all change subtly after we are diagnosed, not just physically/chemically, but mentally.

That slap across the old kisser at diagnosis, knocks some of that "LIFE'S NOT FAIR' ranting,
i'm sure many of us have had, in the past, right out of us... and we now just push on, and shrug our shoulders a little more often, when the day deals us a dodgy card or two.

More power to your grit, determination & positive attitude.

For you all, it seems less a case of "My glass is half full"..
amd more a case of the glass being tipped over and instead of going into metldown, it's more...
"it's OK everybody......there's still a little Wine left at the bottom" :D

May the numbers forever be in your favour

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1544025707371.jpg

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

I've been fasting since yesterday to bring my numbers better into my target range (4.0 to 5.4), it was 5.4 yesterday morning which is at the top end of that range. I find fasting helps reset it to a lower level (and helps with the weight loss too.) I'm fortunate that I don't get "dawn phenomena" and this seems to work for me.

This morning was 3.9, a smidge lower than I'd like as I try to stay 4.0 or higher. (I don't get big hypos, I'm a diet only Type 2). I was planning on ending my fast right after this morning's reading so I did and I had breakfast.

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Y'all have Smash Burger over there? Cool -- we have Smash Burger over here. It was the first place a friend took me out to in Atlanta when we were there.

I can't believe it's only 13 days 'til Christmas. I have got to get my presents wrapped and in the mail, especially the one going to Hawaii, in the next couple of days. I will put up my tree and stuff this weekend.
Unfortunately I can’t have it very often as I live in Northern Ireland not Newcastle but it was my first time trying smash burger my dad I and loved it :hungry:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately I can’t have it very often as I live in Northern Ireland not Newcastle but it was my first time trying smash burger my dad I and loved it :hungry:
Hi ziggy my bother lives in belfast he went to uni in colraine.then settled in belfast hes been there 33 years he sounds more irish than scouser now

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Late posting today - early start. FBG was 5.7 which at least is an improvement on yesterday and it’s the same as @Debandez so in good company. @ziggy_w thanks for the good wishes.

@Chronicle_Cat thinking I need to join you with the fasting. Difficult with all the festivities going on, but the weekend should bring a better opportunity.

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. I am now all sorted with the equipment (Freestyle Lite kit) that I needed to track and record my BG levels. First measurements today are: Before meal = 4.7 mmol/L. 2 hours after first bite = 6.00 mmol/L. The results from my blood test when I was diagnosed with T2 in October 2018, were HbA1c 50., which I assume converts to 8.1 mmol/L. If I have the conversion correct (with my new kit I can only get measurements in mmol/L) Assuming I have the conversion correct, bare minimum Carb dietary program is definitely working for me - physical activity as well. I will most definitely continue with this strategy and stay on course until my next visit to the quack on May 2019. Best wishes. Theo.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. I am now all sorted with the equipment (Freestyle Lite kit) that I needed to track and record my BG levels. First measurements today are: Before meal = 4.7 mmol/L. 2 hours after first bite = 6.00 mmol/L. The results from my blood test when I was diagnosed with T2 in October 2018, were HbA1c 50., which I assume converts to 8.1 mmol/L. If I have the conversion correct (with my new kit I can only get measurements in mmol/L) Assuming I have the conversion correct, bare minimum Carb dietary program is definitely working for me - physical activity as well. I will most definitely continue with this strategy and stay on course until my next visit to the quack on May 2019. Best wishes. Theo.

Hi Roulis.

Great progress, my friend..very impressive.
i was officially just a few weeks behind you in getting diagnosed.
so you are inspiring me.

( i'm just getting steady reading in the 5's of late. )

the conversion is on the Home page, if you don't already know,
and from how i see it, your calculations are spot on.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-units-converter.html

long may it continue.