What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
(Do I want to ask what a nizzle is?)
I've only ever been anywhere near the fens once and there were no farm gates and not even the cows were chewing straw. ;) But hey, I went to Auburn University. Straw and farm gates are right up my alley! (Er, street. Er, track.) :D

Now I really must go find a copy of the book I'd thought about for my Christmas-New Year read. The Nine Tailors.
@SaskiaKC I have to go near our garden fens every day to shoo the squirrels away:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC I have to go near our garden fens every day to shoo the squirrels away:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

While I am out in our garden throwing peanuts to the squirrels ...
One of my neighbors buys them peanuts and they have seen me with her often enough that they started coming up to me expecting to be fed. If I happen to have peanuts in my pockets I will feed them, but today I was out there filling up the bird feeders with the dustiest seeds I've ever seen. Definitely something to be sneezed at.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice one Debs, I love your little essays. I go on about carbs to other T2s and end feeling like I’m an odd ball. (Probably rightly so) Also it’s obvious I’m wrong because I’m professing to know more than doctors, what sort of idiot would do that just because of a few months experience of an ailment! Anyway your last few words sum it up, if one person gets something out of it, it will be worth it. Good luck!

So I’m on post 30 ish of my 92 posts to read to catch up on the thread!

Btw FBG a hideous 11.4 at 9 am.
Catching up/keeping up can be challenging!

I feel.just like you. I get on.my orange box....until I see the glazed look! Then i know I've lost them and usually move on to another victim!!!

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning finger prickers, last day at misery world for a fortnight and the testing dice gave me a 5.1, not bad after the wifes "Killa Kottage Pie", my portion control was good so I'm taking the remaining half to nuke at work.

Have a jolly nice day all, ho ho ho.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.3 today. Nice round trip to Southampton today so definitely off grid all day and no chance of 10k steps. It should only be 2.5 hrs each way but it usually - 10 years now - takes far longer. It will be good to see our son and wife plus granddaughter but the journey has often featured huge delays. Came back in a blizzard last December so this looks likely to be much better. Have a great day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a frantic day yesterday...work...then London to drop off assorted goodies...the traffic was horrendous like chariot racing at the Circus Maximus...thankfully the evening ended on a lovely note...dinner with my nieces at our favourite Turkish restaurant in south London...no restraint with our meals...even a little portion of Baklava...woke to a 6.3 I'll happily take that

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are making very alcoholic not diabetic friendly mince tarts.
Mrs J has caused a seismic shock my getting up this early and making tea so therefore an early pretea reading of 7.5 from my half asleep meter.
Me's are busy planning another unsupervised day hehehehe
Have a good day folks.
All who are traveling have a safe journey and don't keep asking " are we nearly here yet ? " Especially if you are the one holding the roundy thing and doing the pedally bit.

Geoffno6

10.2 at 6am and up to 12.1 at 6.30, all rather mystifying after 7.5 at 9pm, 2 hours after dinner last night. Yes it’s DP but far worse than it was. I’ve left home really early so after a 1.5 mile walk to the station got me down to 11.1, I’m hoping a 2 mile stroll across London will get me to a more sane level Have a great day Peeps x

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.3 today. Nice round trip to Southampton today so definitely off grid all day and no chance of 10k steps. It should only be 2.5 hrs each way but it usually - 10 years now - takes far longer. It will be good to see our son and wife plus granddaughter but the journey has often featured huge delays. Came back in a blizzard last December so this looks likely to be much better. Have a great day.

Hope the roads are good to you, have a smashing day with the family

Reactions: Cumberland

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Ate very late last night so expected higher, so I’m happy this morning. Also the rain yesterday must have come from a different direction as the kitchen is dry, no floods, no brown water coursing down the walls. What an excellent start to the day.
Granddaughters being dropped off in a few minutes as they’ve broken up now so a jolly, fun filled day ahead ( I hope)
Have a great day all

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you really mean that @Bubbsie , after the ‘Yes @timgil , you have diabetes’ there’ll be 9 minutes left for duff advice, an overdose of NICE guided misinformation and a telling off for letting it happen. Seriously I hope it’s a good productive well advised meeting with the doctor though the other information source mentioned above would probably offer much more useful advice

When i got diagnosed last year my doctor phoned me and told me it can be reversed and gave me the name of a doctor who reversed his own, he was really encouraging and i did well last year but with lots of family problems i didn't look after myself , i only put one pound on but now have lost another stone in weight so the total since last March is 34lbs weight loss and my reading this morning is 6.9 .