What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 at 0800. Got my BG results back yesterday. HBA1c down from 37 to 33 which is mystifying to me. My averages over the last 3 months havent been as good as in the summer. I know a lot of people are finding Codefree strips measure higher than others and thats all I can put it down to. Of course itsa relief, I wanted anything under 40 and never expected to be lower than last time. Its all such a fairy tale I feel I should share the spare points with @ianpspurs and then we might both get a bit of reality.
Have a good Friday. Stay well, safe and drive carefully.
@PatsyB hope today you turn the corner and feel better. Dont leave it too late to get more antibiotics. Sending hugs.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who twit twhoo whoops been at the festive spirits again and again and again...
7.1 this morning from my grumpy meter.
Being retired this near to Christmas is hard work, so get on with it you retirees heeheheh. Must go Mrs J is on my case, bag and refuse sack.....

Geoffno6

@Geoffno6 sending a virtual hug for the high DP readings. I know how annoying that can be when you’re doing your best to tame the beast!

Thx @PenguinMum I like a hug :) At least my numbers are a bit better today..... checks libre 9.8 .... I was about to say I’ve been between 6 and 8 for 9 hours but I have just had a big fry up and it’s the DP time of day, so hopefully it’ll dip soon.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
5.7 this morning. Bit drizzly but its now walk o clock time so am looking forward to a strong coffee on the way home. .... I'm hoping no one bought me a drone for xmas this year. Not likely but I'm looking forward to getting away in Jan...Have a good day all...

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 at 0800. Got my BG results back yesterday. HBA1c down from 37 to 33 which is mystifying to me. My averages over the last 3 months havent been as good as in the summer. I know a lot of people are finding Codefree strips measure higher than others and thats all I can put it down to. Of course itsa relief, I wanted anything under 40 and never expected to be lower than last time. Its all such a fairy tale I feel I should share the spare points with @ianpspurs and then we might both get a bit of reality.
@PatsyB hope today you turn the corner and feel better. Dont leave it too late to get more antibiotics. Sending hugs.
Congrats on a great Hba1c result!

Reactions: Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results and well done you - especially after all the trauma and caring. Don't share points with me a) I'm not worthy b) You earned them, you deserve them c) Me and my BG may have some serious issues to sort out but all by ourselves down a dark alley.
Now have a great Christmas you deserve one:):)

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Haven't posted on this thread for three, and boy are there lots of posts to catch up on.

@Cumberland -- Banger is such a cutie.
@ianpspurs -- Your lab test results look really good. Can really empathize with your frustration when the HbA1c is higher than your daily blood sugar readings. Same happened to me in September and took me weeks to let it go.

Blood sugars for the last three days were 5.4, 5.5 and 5.3 -- a little bit higher than usual for me, but probably due to having been too lazy to exercise.

@ziggy_w
He is such a cutie

Reactions: ianpspurs

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all and especially to @PenguinMum christmas has come early with your hbaca1 results - well done you and do wonder if code free strip issues may not have helped. I ised to use it but for me it was higher and odd at times so when it went really odd I changed over to my second meter - a caresens duo. More expensive strips but, for me, closer to my hbaca1 but I also test my ketones on it every Friday too.
Bg 5.0
Friday Ketones 2.5
Hope everyone has a good Friday no doubt lots of mad rushing around for all. Pleased you had a safe journey @ianpspurs and hope you enjoy your carol service later.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well there is a man on my chimney - he’s not wearing a red and white coat, he’s wearing a yellow Hi Viz and I could not be happier if it was Santa - he’s fixing the leak! ( temporarily, but that’s fine for now!)