1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. philchap1

philchap1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Night night Karen and everyone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sleep well, everybody over the sea.
    The night is just getting started for me.
    I've got a good book and I may have a look
    To see if there's anything good on TV.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

well a weird sort of day for me.

Woke up with that 6.3 (ate last night 11 pm after work, though it was just a snack)
    wasn't hungry this morning so went back to bed for a bit, day off today...woke up a few hours later, and i'd crept to 6.7 no food..mmhh.

i did feel a little like a cold was coming, sniffles etc...so probably that i thought.

Hospital was fine, managed to explain my heart numbers to nurse, for the last few hours/ days/weeks..:D
    (benefits of my fitness tracker thing )

she was quite impressed, so she got me to check how it matched up to the NHS mega bucks unit...58 bpm v57.bpm
    GET IN......( Not bad for £26.from amazon/china. :D)

dropped my car off to nephew to get around for the xmas shopping etc..
    (seemed only proper, after all, after our traditional xmas with my father in law, i'm off to theirs to get a little merry, and to help them 'celebrate' their first christmas with out their dad (RiP.)

Which gave me the impetus to remove the folder from the back of car, and get a little more exercise going, so i cycled the long way home along the nearby thames towpath.
    Blustery, Blowy and spitting with rain, ....but glorious weather, when the world looked so pale and poisoned just months ago.
    [​IMG]

Recently started cooking the foods I CAN have,
    but if i'm honest it's a sharp learning curve after a lifetime of fast foods, ready meals and Takeaways.

Some of this stuff i've never even tasted let alone cooked...:woot:
    So i started with something i did know..swede

So tonight i rustled up Mashed Swede...Not too bad.
    Cod in a beer batter (asda's)...with Broccoli ala JJ..
    ( which if it's not too immodest goes down so well with the girls, they reckon IF it was on a real menu, they'd order it...:happy: )
    then i added a dash of lemon to the fish, a splash of vinegar..and the piece de resistance. low fat/sugar ketchup....YUM.

And after hearing about it on here, a naughty block or two of Montezuma's 100% choc, for afters...
    (which despite the good reviews, ...IS probably an acquired taste, me thinks :wtf:)

So all in all..an eventful day, that's ended with the last read being a more then acceptable 5.7.

Good night to all, hope your days were as pleasurable.

hope to Catch ya all in the morning, ..my OLF's..:)

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 5
    #38043 jjraak, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:05 PM
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  4. Chronicle_Cat

Chronicle_Cat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I made this really yummy eggnog as an after dinner dessert tonight. (I used rum extract since I can't drink alcohol - aggravates my GERD.) I made a half batch (4 servings) 1 serving = 1 net carb

Tip: To prevent the egg from cooking/congealing, once it reached 165F, I immediately removed it from the heat and poured it into a large pyrex measuring cup with a spout. To prevent further cooking and lower the temperature of the hot egg nog, I poured it back and forth between 2 heatproof containers with spouts. (I learned this trick from my south Indian son-in-law, it's how they lower the temperature of hot chai or hot coffee.)

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/a...MNgqQrCrJ9BI2bbW9vEyarSQ3iDerp8TKKn-DeqA0IqaI

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 5
  5. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Chronicle_Cat

wary of the cooking on that, but i think it sounds too delicious not to try.

cheers CC.:)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Chronicle_Cat I wish I could've been there to try your eggnog, it sounds delicious. We had some store-bought eggnog at the Christmas concert on Wednesday -- the concert was good but the eggnog was barely so-so.

@jjraak you are a star for lending your nephew your car. Lovely river view, too.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.2 :)

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Emma_369

Emma_369 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.9 so early on a Saturday morning. A Hairdressers appointment first thing seems like a silly idea right now!

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning, all. Looking forward to a night out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. How time flies, is it really 19 years already?

Blood sugars were 4.8 this morning.

Have a wonderful weekend, folks.

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Freema

Freema Type 2 · Expert

6.0 at 7:30

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 7
  11. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Have a great time tonight - perfect start with that reading. Congratulations on your anniversary.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Geoffno6

Geoffno6 · Well-Known Member

9.1 at 7.20am I’ve had the egg n bacon, do I risk a few carbs to fuel the Parkrun?

• Like Like x 14
    • Hug Hug x 3
  13. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Did you get to watch Elf? I love it too. Your new avatar is great, very cute.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Try the Montezumas again in a month or two when you’ll have acclimatised to life without sugar. I used to hate dark chocolate, had to be Cadburys dairy milk for me, but now I love the intense chocolate hit of the high percentage cocoa stuff.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.7 at 7.30, at a dibble at the wifes Chinese takeaway last night, I thought I would be a little higher.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 6
  16. ianpspurs

Morning all - just staying in touch. 6 month review yesterday. As I knew my results and all tests showed me doing everything they want it was quite pointless - well, I had my feet tickled and complimented on having no cracked skin on my heels. Pretty sure I could also predict my June A1c now as it seems Dec is .1 higher than June over last 3 years. I hadn't appreciated that properly till now. Have great day.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
  17. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

5.2 this morning.
    Woke to a dry kitchen yay!Had a lovely evening as middle daughter and her partner arrived from London. Eldest daughter and granddaughters staying over too so it was a jolly housefull
    @ziggy_w have a great anniversary celebration.

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 6
  18. OrsonKartt

OrsonKartt Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all. A 5 for me this morning. This number is most likely due to it being a bit near Christmas and a friend coming over after an early office throw out. He seemed stressed and I offered him a drink and it seemed unsocial not to have one myself. Or two, maybe more. Its not everyday it gets to be near Christmas.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ianpspurs

I think the try things after a while on LC is good advice. What I would say is don't be surprised if some things just never work for you. I can't really stand the taste/texture of most LC baked food or bread even now and erythritol tastes awful to me. I can eat dark chocolate for first time ever and some types of nuts - coconut is a step too far. Quite a few LC adaptations seem to have illegally avoided the taste police:angelic:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. OldButBold

OldButBold Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ooh look, 6.3 again, there's a surprise :)
    I think I shall 'potter' today, there are leaves to collect and a gate to be fixed. Enjoy the day ;)

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook