What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely surprise! A fabulous result. Well done. It is a worry when readings are higher than you would like them to be. Do you use an app to store readings e.g. mysugr? If so what was the prediction?
Thanks Deborah I am a complete technophobe and don't even have a smart phone though I do have an ipad which is what I use for everything. I have a desk diary that I record manually my details and meter readings. Anyway it really was a very nice surprise.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sleep well, everybody over the sea.
The night is just getting started for me.
I've got a good book and I may have a look
To see if there's anything good on TV.

e2d0bdc0a292b6bf314fb2586aa149a7--kliban-cat-old-tv.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well a weird sort of day for me.

Woke up with that 6.3 (ate last night 11 pm after work, though it was just a snack)
wasn't hungry this morning so went back to bed for a bit, day off today...woke up a few hours later, and i'd crept to 6.7 no food..mmhh.

i did feel a little like a cold was coming, sniffles etc...so probably that i thought.

Hospital was fine, managed to explain my heart numbers to nurse, for the last few hours/ days/weeks..:D
(benefits of my fitness tracker thing )

she was quite impressed, so she got me to check how it matched up to the NHS mega bucks unit...58 bpm v57.bpm
GET IN......( Not bad for £26.from amazon/china. :D)

dropped my car off to nephew to get around for the xmas shopping etc..
(seemed only proper, after all, after our traditional xmas with my father in law, i'm off to theirs to get a little merry, and to help them 'celebrate' their first christmas with out their dad (RiP.)

Which gave me the impetus to remove the folder from the back of car, and get a little more exercise going, so i cycled the long way home along the nearby thames towpath.
Blustery, Blowy and spitting with rain, ....but glorious weather, when the world looked so pale and poisoned just months ago.
uc

Recently started cooking the foods I CAN have,
but if i'm honest it's a sharp learning curve after a lifetime of fast foods, ready meals and Takeaways.

Some of this stuff i've never even tasted let alone cooked...:woot:
So i started with something i did know..swede

So tonight i rustled up Mashed Swede...Not too bad.
Cod in a beer batter (asda's)...with Broccoli ala JJ..
( which if it's not too immodest goes down so well with the girls, they reckon IF it was on a real menu, they'd order it...:happy: )
then i added a dash of lemon to the fish, a splash of vinegar..and the piece de resistance. low fat/sugar ketchup....YUM.

And after hearing about it on here, a naughty block or two of Montezuma's 100% choc, for afters...
(which despite the good reviews, ...IS probably an acquired taste, me thinks :***:)

So all in all..an eventful day, that's ended with the last read being a more then acceptable 5.7.

Good night to all, hope your days were as pleasurable.

hope to Catch ya all in the morning, ..my OLF's..:)

Last edited:

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I made this really yummy eggnog as an after dinner dessert tonight. (I used rum extract since I can't drink alcohol - aggravates my GERD.) I made a half batch (4 servings) 1 serving = 1 net carb

Tip: To prevent the egg from cooking/congealing, once it reached 165F, I immediately removed it from the heat and poured it into a large pyrex measuring cup with a spout. To prevent further cooking and lower the temperature of the hot egg nog, I poured it back and forth between 2 heatproof containers with spouts. (I learned this trick from my south Indian son-in-law, it's how they lower the temperature of hot chai or hot coffee.)

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/a...MNgqQrCrJ9BI2bbW9vEyarSQ3iDerp8TKKn-DeqA0IqaI

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, all. Looking forward to a night out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. How time flies, is it really 19 years already?

Blood sugars were 4.8 this morning.

Have a wonderful weekend, folks.
Have a great time tonight - perfect start with that reading. Congratulations on your anniversary.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone just got my hair done last night a nice bright blonde and it’s been cut quite short now but it definitely needed a good cut as what the hairdresser took of was all dead and spilt ends so I’m very pleased with my hair. Todays blood sugar was 4.4 I’m not doing a lot today my hospice nurse is coming to see me (she’s my hospice nurse but she generally visits my mum and I as we are friends as well) and then I’m going to watch Elf one of my classic favourites for Christmas movies. Have a good day everyone :)

Did you get to watch Elf? I love it too. Your new avatar is great, very cute.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And after hearing about it on here, a naughty block or two of Montezuma's 100% choc, for afters...
(which despite the good reviews, ...IS probably an acquired taste, me thinks :***:)

Try the Montezumas again in a month or two when you’ll have acclimatised to life without sugar. I used to hate dark chocolate, had to be Cadburys dairy milk for me, but now I love the intense chocolate hit of the high percentage cocoa stuff.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - just staying in touch. 6 month review yesterday. As I knew my results and all tests showed me doing everything they want it was quite pointless - well, I had my feet tickled and complimented on having no cracked skin on my heels. Pretty sure I could also predict my June A1c now as it seems Dec is .1 higher than June over last 3 years. I hadn't appreciated that properly till now. Have great day.