What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. A 5 for me this morning. This number is most likely due to it being a bit near Christmas and a friend coming over after an early office throw out. He seemed stressed and I offered him a drink and it seemed unsocial not to have one myself. Or two, maybe more. Its not everyday it gets to be near Christmas.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try the Montezumas again in a month or two when you’ll have acclimatised to life without sugar. I used to hate dark chocolate, had to be Cadburys dairy milk for me, but now I love the intense chocolate hit of the high percentage cocoa stuff.
I think the try things after a while on LC is good advice. What I would say is don't be surprised if some things just never work for you. I can't really stand the taste/texture of most LC baked food or bread even now and erythritol tastes awful to me. I can eat dark chocolate for first time ever and some types of nuts - coconut is a step too far. Quite a few LC adaptations seem to have illegally avoided the taste police:angelic:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think the try things after a while on LC is good advice. What I would say is don't be surprised if some things just never work for you. I can't really stand the taste/texture of most LC baked food or bread even now and erythritol tastes awful to me. I can eat dark chocolate for first time ever and some types of nuts - coconut is a step too far. Quite a few LC adaptations seem to have illegally avoided the taste police:angelic:
I agree. I also find that I can now enjoy foods which once gave me indigestion. Sardines / mackerel for instance.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone blood sugar is 4.4 today my mum and I are meant to be going out as I need a new pair of jeans but my little brother has an ear ache so I’m not sure what’s happening today. Enjoy your weekend everyone :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree. I also find that I can now enjoy foods which once gave me indigestion. Sardines / mackerel for instance.
Could be a man thing. In general, if you need to weigh things and follow a recipe it probably ain't gonna work for me. Personally, It has made me really focus on what I do actually want to eat and how little I want that "messed about with" If I wasn't aware of/testing BG levels and their implications I would be in a really happy little bubble eating mackerel and avocado salad and drinking lots of tea. (Although, homemade Marmite sprouts definitely need a try) :angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
some fun is had by all in the midst of all the frantic preps.
Enjoy the arrival of family. We must be real "outliers" as far as Christmas prep goes - absolutely nothing really going on or needed. Online shopping and home delivery has made this all so easy. Turkey to collect from College of West Anglia on Christmas Eve and ordered food to pick up a little later. Easiest prep in our 35 years together. None of the family eat mince pies, Christmas cake or Christmas pudding. Nowhere near a shopping centre. A summer barbeque is way more difficult. Sorry guys.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Could be a man thing. In general, if you need to weigh things and follow a recipe it probably ain't gonna work for me. Personally, It has made me really focus on what I do actually want to eat and how little I want that "messed about with" If I wasn't aware of/testing BG levels and their implications I would be in a really happy little bubble eating mackerel and avocado salad and drinking lots of tea. (Although, homemade Marmite sprouts definitely need a try) :angelic:
marmite sprouts = might just have to try that !

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, all. Looking forward to a night out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. How time flies, is it really 19 years already?

Blood sugars were 4.8 this morning.

Have a wonderful weekend, folks.
Happy anniversary ziggy xx

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
O/T Christmas shopping just became even easier. I have until 4.00 pm Sunday to buy Julie a present and collect from local Waitrose Monday afternoon - which is rather useful as she doesn't need anymore Chanel and there appear to be loads of bargains :angelic::angelic:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 Thursday, 4.6 Friday and 4.5 today

Our internet has been very sporadic here for the last couple of days for some reason, but at least it seems to have stabilised for now, (probably related to the big hole in the road at the top of the village :sorry: ). I have a lot of posts to catch up on :)

Shopping today, which I'm dreading given how busy everywhere is, but at least it's only for food :) need an increase in the size of our butter mountain, cream, eggs and streaky bacon, chicken breast and some veg. just the usual deliciousness

Hope your day treats you well :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning, all. Looking forward to a night out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. How time flies, is it really 19 years already?

Blood sugars were 4.8 this morning.

Have a wonderful weekend, folks.
Congratulations. Enjoy your celebration.:)

Reactions: ziggy_w and jjraak