What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Morning everyone. Sorry I've been off the grid - a mad mad fortnight at work. Early starts, late finishes, and Christmas prep to fit around it. I also have a little family project I've been working on pre-Christmas that has soaked up all my time.
Anyway, I've finished for Crimbo now and looking forward to some family time.
My sugars are 6.4 today.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning, lots of good things happening for you all, anniversary, night out, family arriving, doing nothing, shopping, fixing gate.
I'm having a rather quiet time, out with the sparrows and back by 9.30. All done except for picking up the goose tomorrow, soaking the buckwheat and doing all the bits to make the stuffing.
I think I might indulge in a glass of wine with lunch.
Madam woke to a gentle 4.9. Happy
Have a lovely day and stay away from those crowds

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good aft All. Early start (by my standards) straight into the kitchen. Made Shepherds Pie (with a stripe of celeriac mash for me) for 24th, started stuffing mix, made spiced biscuits which they all love but I cant have. Meanwhile did two loads washing (boys are home!) ironed 5 shirts, checked on neighbour I havent seen out. Am sitting down with a coffee but need to go out to deliver last pressie and a few food items.
The possible fly in my ointment is friend not feeling good and may not be here for Christmas. If so a round trip to Kent tomo so trying to do loads today.
I love reading about all your getting ready for Christmas.
Btw 5.5 at 0800. Have a great Saturday, stay well, get well, stay safe.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. 8.6 for me today, but I had minor surgery yesterday, so this old girl's stats are a bit out of sorts.

I feel really good though. Rather easy recovery from anaesthesia. Felt healthy and alert. Today I don't even feel like I had an operation (except for the black eye and bleeding nose :p). I'm pretty sure this is all because how much healthier LCHF has made me. I could actually feel how much healthier I felt, if that makes sense.

Happy Saturday!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
O/T Christmas shopping just became even easier. I have until 4.00 pm Sunday to buy Julie a present and collect from local Waitrose Monday afternoon - which is rather useful as she doesn't need anymore Chanel and there appear to be loads of bargains :angelic::angelic:
Surely not a kitchen item...though my husband bought me a very fine Meyer saute pan one Christmas and though I was mad with him I have to admit it was used all the time and I came to love it over the years!

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. 8.6 for me today, but I had minor surgery yesterday, so this old girl's stats are a bit out of sorts.

I feel really good though. Rather easy recovery from anaesthesia. Felt healthy and alert. Today I don't even feel like I had an operation (except for the black eye and bleeding nose :p). I'm pretty sure this is all because how much healthier LCHF has made me. I could actually feel how much healthier I felt, if that makes sense.

Happy Saturday!
Have a gentle day and take care of yourself.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Surely not a kitchen item...though my husband bought me a very fine Meyer saute pan one Christmas and though I was mad with him I have to admit it was used all the time and I came to love it over the years!
Vegan handbag and cashmere scarf plus a few odd bits until we go look at shops seems nice and easy. Think the vegan bag would be very funny as I know she wants a leather one - is that just a little too teasing?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well, knocking on the Door of the.....
220px-Jack_Lord_Steve_McGarrett_Hawaii_Five-O_1976.JPG

But no answer,

so still stuck out in the hallway with an ok, but unassuming 6.1.

off today, so fixing bike..footpegs and indicators..(hopefully back running by end of day <fingers crossed>

Lady of the house off to visit and help babysit cousins grandkids...
so i can make a mess, no moans, no worries, then watch the rest of 'Band of Brothers' in peace

( Rather fitting today's song doing the rounds in my head is..Fobidden Colours.)

Best wishes to all for the frantic last minute preps...(we ducked out many years ago.)
and special mention to @neithskye ..... Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Enjoy your day folks, only 54 days until Valentine's...LoL

May the numbers forever be in your favour.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Vegan handbag and cashmere scarf plus a few odd bits until we go look at shops seems nice and easy. Think the vegan bag would be very funny as I know she wants a leather one - is that just a little too teasing?

Less LUGG arg'e, more CABB arg'e...:D..(spelling to acccentuate Quaily product ;) )

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Saturday! 6.5 this morning at 8:30.

This is why I posted that managing blood sugars is like herding cats IMO. It doesn't seem to matter what time I get up and test in the morning, or how long I've slept, my FBG is all over the place. One morning last week it was at a record low of 5.1 after I had eaten no grains at all the previous day; late yesterday afternoon it was another nice low of 5.6 after a snack of coffee, half a granola bar, and a mini Baby Ruth and a mini Butterfinger (chocolate bars).

One thing that does seem to be consistent is that grains spike me higher than sugary snacks like the chocolate bars. And a nice thing is that I can eat an Atkins low-carb Protein-Rich bar as a late night snack and not spike a high FBG the next morning.

All I know is that I am doing the best I can. It doesn't seem to me to be the best I should be capable of, but it seems to be the best I can manage at present. I will try to make a New Year's resolution to do better, but for now, for Christmas, I am going to accept that life is like riding a horse -- sometimes you have to let it go out of the bridle and get out of its mouth.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ziggy_w Happy Anniversary!

@philchap1 sounds like a great night. Have a wonderful time!

@ianpspurs you sound like me. I collected some recipes for almond flour pancakes planning to make them Christmas morning. Later I decided low-carb French toast would be so much easier. Later still (last night) I decided to look up overnight French toast to see if there was such a thing. There is! Now I plan to make the French toast Christmas Eve so all I will have to do Christmas morning is nuke it with the bacon and coffee. Because I know I will not want to beat eggs and cook first thing Christmas morning (or any morning).

(BTW I seem to alternate mornings stirring my coffee anticlockwise and stirring it north-to-south. I become aware of this a couple of seconds after adding the cream. :D)

P.S. I just got the hug. Thanks I needed one. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All I know is that I am doing the best I can. It doesn't seem to me to be the best I should be capable of, but it seems to be the best I can manage at present. I will try to make a New Year's resolution to do better, but for now, for Christmas, I am going to accept that life is like riding a horse -- sometimes you have to let it go out of the bridle and get out of its mouth.
You are doing fine and I am in the same boat re doing the best we can but not feeling the love for the resultant numbers. (I don't think mine will improve as I just can't eat the way that would demand. Good luck if you can) Love the horse riding analogy/metaphor? - stick with it:)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Less LUGG arg'e, more CABB arg'e...:D..(spelling to acccentuate Quaily product ;) )

I was looking at leather shoulder bags because I wanted one that would last for years and get all worn looking. Then one day when out in with a neighbor in her car I spilled lemonade all over my inexpensive fabric-shoulder-bag-with-fake-leather-straps. When I got home I emptied it out and popped it into the washer with a load of laundry. Easy peasy.

My little leather wallet was harder to get unsticky. Being leather, it came through well, but I stopped shopping for leather shoulder-bag.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Was a pretty steady 5.9 this morning, as it was a lazy weekend and got out of bed proper after 2 cups of tea. So allowing for some interference from my liver giving a boost im spot on trend.

Agree with you jjraak about missing bread, fresh from the baker with butter would be my kryptonite, Just thinking abo...…. drooooooool. (slap!). Sorry.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Spl@ I just "got" your name. Love it. :D And I hope it has nothing to do with handlebars and road surfaces! Or walking out of the bakery carrying a loaf of bread and a pound of butter ... :D

Reactions: geefull and Spl@