Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A little village just outside Bridgwater. Whereabouts are you?

Gonna need that marzipan recipe @SueJB - I love the stuff and it’s about the only thing missing from my festive feasting! Except meat. And cheese. And carbs.. ;)
I'm over to the east, about 7 miles from Wincanton, Castle Cary's my nearest town.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Morning Bog Monsters
I'm in a foul mood as I'm in work and the rest of the universe seems to be off as I've drove in to work with nowt else on the road except co-op waggons!

Wishing everyone some festive frolics (isn't "frolic" a great word)

Tony

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A little village just outside Bridgwater. Whereabouts are you?

Gonna need that marzipan recipe @SueJB - I love the stuff and it’s about the only thing missing from my festive feasting! Except meat. And cheese. And carbs.. ;)

Which village? I’m in Mark about 10 miles from Bridgwater

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Bog Monsters
I'm in a foul mood as I'm in work and the rest of the universe seems to be off as I've drove in to work with nowt else on the road except co-op waggons!

Wishing everyone some festive frolics (isn't "frolic" a great word)

Tony
Hubby’s just gone to work as well. At least there’s not too much traffic about at the moment!

Reactions: Alison54321

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Morning all and Merry Christmas :)

Stay well, keep hydrated and as chilled out as possible, and if it all get's too much take a walk. That's the advice I'll be sticking to over the next couple of days, as well as keeping a bottle of red handy for emergencies :singing:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good day to you all...!

Just have a merry Diabetmas. :D

I have no choice but to follow @Juicyj 's with the walks.. It's just another day for the dog.

Oddly, I'm not a massive fan of dog walking whilst inebriated? It's like making your way back from the pub with an even drinker buddy?, :banghead: what with all the doggy double back routing... ;)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yeap I'm at work, nothing on the roads yet, expect it will be busier later on.

2.9 before the dog walk this morning........glucotabs to the rescue. Think it might have been the G&T last night that caused it, so I'm going to have to test the theory again tonight, and repeat until I get it 'sorted' :D.

Hopefully finish work around lunchtime, then just got to get one more pressie for the wife 'from the daughter', pick up the starters for tomorrow (and prep them later), wrap the last few presents, then I think the wife wants to go to the church nativity/pub followed by home, fire, food, TV, bed. and somewhere in between I'll be prepping some of the food for the big day.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@SueJB Not really a marzipan fan but clicked on the link and they look good! Glad you can use rose water instead of liqueur as I can’t have alcohol :)

@Mel dCP- dipping them chocolate sounds good too! Although I am out of almond flour (used the last part on my low carb shortbread- which I am currently waiting for to cool) and also out of dark chocolate . I have been indulging this week. Where did you pick up a kilo from? I can only ever find small bags in my local supermarket.
A kilo of fine ground is a tenner in Makro! I’ve used a lot with Christmas baking, and as for the goat butter at two quid a go... let’s just say I’m glad it’s only once a year!

Which village? I’m in Mark about 10 miles from Bridgwater
Spaxton :)

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning teabags. A mild low (3.7) at 5am set the alarm off which was quite frankly rude. Two dextrose tabs and a half hour stop on the pod, and been around six ever since. Couldn’t get back to sleep though, so read for a bit.

Is it too early to put some decorations up? Had a severe case of CBA this year. Might make some chocolate orange shortbreads today, the lemon ones were lovely and I can’t have my beloved chocolate oranges any more because even the dark one has ****ing milk in. Prawn curry for dinner tonight, intrepid teenager is making his own way back from his dad’s on the train later on. We usually have curry night on Christmas Eve while watching Muppet Christmas Carol (the definitive version imo) :)

Not much food prep to do for tomorrow, we’re having salmon with a vast array of roasted veg, and mashed swede. Easy. I need to make some whisky butter of some sort for my Christmas cake, but that’s it. Might use butter, might use soft goat’s cheese - with finely ground erythritol.

Last edited:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lucky escape ;)
Only a photo would prove that.....;) hope you enjoyed Wedmore, the levels are fascinating. You were near Rodney Stoke which is a Thankful Village, particularly relevant this year (and it's a doubly thankful village). This is their village sign:
SomersetsThankfulVillages_img4.jpg

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/Thankful-Villages/ not sure if this link works, if not just google thankful villages

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only a photo would prove that.....;) hope you enjoyed Wedmore, the levels are fascinating. You were near Rodney Stoke which is a Thankful Village, particularly relevant this year (and it's a doubly thankful village). This is their village sign:
SomersetsThankfulVillages_img4.jpg

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/Thankful-Villages/ not sure if this link works, if not just google thankful villages
We live and learn. Never heard of Thankful Villages. Thank you for posting something so thought provoking at this time of year.

Reactions: Alison54321

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you! I just bought a kilo of almond flour, I have erythritol, and I’ve got whiskey. I might dip them in melted 95% chocklit...
Lick hands to absorb the Contreau !!

Reactions: porl69

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Have slightly fixed the Father Christmas disaster by dashing to a shop while child and father browsed electronic devices. Three small gifts and a mote indicating rest at home to reduce Rudolf's load.
Numbers relatively good considering number of walks we have taken.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have slightly fixed the Father Christmas disaster by dashing to a shop while child and father browsed electronic devices. Three small gifts and a mote indicating rest at home to reduce Rudolf's load.
Numbers relatively good considering number of walks we have taken.

Well done, Diakat. I'm sure you'll be able to turn it into a sort of win:win situation for MissDiakat. Maybe suggest Sanat wanted her to have something to look forward to when she gets back from her holidays, as she seems to have a lot of presenta already or something.

I'd be looking for some sort of "How lucky are you ?!!" sort of tale. Not everyone gets pressies in two places fom Santa.

She must have been a very good girl indeed.