What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaladDaze

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 / 87 this morning. Merry Christmas one and all. Here in Spain it's traditional to have a special meal late on Christmas Eve, 'Noche Buena'. So it's one of those special meals where I put discipline in the back seat. So it's nice to see no change from yesterday morning's BS level. Just fitted an FS Libre yesterday for the first time since September so I could see the spike wasn't too bad last night either (partly kept in check by the couple of glasses of Rioja probably).

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK I doff my virtual hat to you my friend.
YOU are the epitome of the true christmas spirit.

Which echoes @shelley262 , sentiments, i hope.

@ianpspurs, your vicar speaks much sense, So many seem to sadly worship at the alter of consumerism these days. where it's the 'Cost' of everything that gives us value as people, rather then the quality of the person.

@Emma_369...snap.great news for you today on this day of all days..CONGRATULATIONS..can 'feel' the pleasure in your words..enjoy the day..
(love the princess part too )

@Debandez...hahaha....If anyone can..You can..
Merry xmas from our family to yours.
hope you and dez (?) have a marvelous day..( Thank you for all your hard work behind the scenes.)

I'd also like to add MY gratitude as well to the posts of @DJC3
A MASSIVE thank you to all on here.

You lot have kept me sane, Showed my Light & love was still ahead of me, and the darkness wasn't going to last forever

SO...To ALL those who made me laugh or smile..( yep, i'm especially looking at you @SaskiaKC, @ianpspurs, @neithskye, @Chronicle_Cat)
Posted pics or beautiful quotes, ( (@Bubbsie @karen8967) among many others )
OR generally just helped and supported me & other members who were having a hard day, by their offers of good advice or by simply sharing of a love or hug.

I Salute You.
May your God bless you, and always look over you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

As for my own personal celebration, here's my Baby,
(I share most things, with my wendy..But THIS...THIS is ALL MINE..Mwhaaah)
Back on the road late last night, after some guttersnipes toppled here over and left here on her side last week, breaking a few bits.

uc

And as if today couldn't get any better, it began with a 6.5 on the Richter scale,
which would normally have wobbled me, but i'm doing battle with a cunning, sneaky
and often unseen enemy, so it's not TOO bad..

However my JOY meter MAY have broken once i clocked the scales this A.M.....:woot:

HIT target.. BANG ON Christmas day...yaahhhooo...:D
( it's in foreign..so in old money its 13.8 stone, or in what i originally aimed for a sub 200lbs by end december,,,
i weighed it a New world and Middleweight record (for me ;) ) of 194.0 lbs.)

uc

So the song for today, while NOT a festive Yuletide fare , Does reflect my mood..and hopefully puts a spring in someone else's day...:headphone:
Ivegotagoodfeeling

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. What a. stunning sunny morning. Hundreds of people in swimming this morning despite air temperatures of one degree centigrade ! My sugars were 5.4 so thats a great start to the season....Have a good one , one and all....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. What a. stunning sunny morning. Hundreds of people in swimming this morning despite air temperatures of one degree centigrade ! My sugars were 5.4 so thats a great start to the season....Have a good one , one and all....

OUT DOOR POOL :***:...You sir, have my admiration..that is HARCORE..<Respect>

Reactions: Freema

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
OUT DOOR POOL :***:...You sir, have my admiration..that is HARCORE..<Respect>
no , no, no, not me swimming. I was one of the thousand or so watching as friends and relatives braved the temperatures for fun / sponsorship for local charity !

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I woke this morning to a wondrous Christmas present -- a bright sunny day and a full moon shining in the sky. I don't think I've ever seen a full moon before at 8 o'clock in the morning. When I'd woken for the first time, around 5, I didn't seen moonlight patches on the floor so I thought I might have missed it. Then when I woke again at 8 and got up, there the moon was, in the blue sunny sky. Thanks be to God for a cool Christmas present!

Then I gave the Kittencat one of her favorite things, a full all-over massage. She never makes a lot of biscuits but when she makes a couple I know she is really happy and content.

FBG this morning an even 7, not surprising after yesterday's pumpkin pie. I'm watching a hilarious steeplechasing musical from 1939. "Oh, what a horse was Charley, 'til he got a charley horse."

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all and Happy Christmas hope you all have a very special day.

My numbers this morning 5.3.

I hope you don't mind but for me a short prayer on this day of all days does not seem out of order or out of place.

"Thank You, Father, for spiritual leaders and faith-filled friends who keep encouraging us when we are close to giving up.

And although we have many reasons to rejoice today, Lord, we also know December 25th can be not-so-merry for a whole host of reasons. We pray for those who are experiencing loss this Christmas: relational, financial, spiritual and physical.

We pray for those who are coping with loving a prodigal and our friends and family members whose hearts are far from You. We pray for those dealing with unemployment and addictions and chronic sickness ... and unending pain and frustrations of all kinds. Thank You, Lord, that You are The Wonderful Counselor and Prince of Peace, even in the midst of our not-so-merry circumstances.

Finally, Lord, we ask You to grant us peace. Peace in our homes, peace in our churches, and peace in our hearts, when the world all around us spins out-of-control. Help us to stay focused on You, this Christmastime and always. Thank You for loving the whole world enough to send the greatest gift, Your Son, so that we might truly have a very merry Christmas. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Amen.

Thank you for posting that.

@HarrisonK thank you for your good loving work with your neighbors. It's good to read about, especially at Christmastime.

@trick60 I enjoyed reading about the bicycle. You reminded me of the Christmas when I got my first bike. It and my sister's were put together sometime by our dad and hidden overnight in the nextdoor neighbors' basement. Later that morning we went out for a ride and I remember there were so many other kids in the neighborhood out, all with shiny new bikes. Red for the boys, mostly blue for the girls was the color scheme in those days, except one girl had a turquoise bike with chrome fenders and one had a fuchsia-and-white Schwinn.

@jjraak that lovely Suzuki brings back other memories, of a Suzuki called Suzie, from my wild and misspent college days. :D

It's so nice to read about what all of you are doing this Christmas Day. Great to hang out with friends on the Internet this morning!

Merry Christmas to you all!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The walk should be amazing - Beds is just over the border
Oh dear no morning walk Ian...just about to head out now...almost dark so a good long stroll seeing the Christmas lights in the town square & all the house windows will hopefully go some way to mitigate my excesses...now where did I put my woolly hat & gloves.:D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reporting in with an update after Phase Two of today's meter-reading event. Down 3 decimal points to 6.7 after a marathon breakfast of French toast with butter and sugar-free syrup, coffee with cream. In this sport, as in eventing, the lower the score the better, even though in meter-reading the points are not penalty points. And today is only the first day of this 12-day event.

I don't know of any horses named Lancet, but here is a famous blood horse appropriately named Needles:
1956-kentucky-derby-winning-race-horse-needles-5.gif

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all and Happy Christmas hope you all have a very special day.

My numbers this morning 5.3.

I hope you don't mind but for me a short prayer on this day of all days does not seem out of order or out of place.

"Thank You, Father, for spiritual leaders and faith-filled friends who keep encouraging us when we are close to giving up.

And although we have many reasons to rejoice today, Lord, we also know December 25th can be not-so-merry for a whole host of reasons. We pray for those who are experiencing loss this Christmas: relational, financial, spiritual and physical.

We pray for those who are coping with loving a prodigal and our friends and family members whose hearts are far from You. We pray for those dealing with unemployment and addictions and chronic sickness ... and unending pain and frustrations of all kinds. Thank You, Lord, that You are The Wonderful Counselor and Prince of Peace, even in the midst of our not-so-merry circumstances.

Finally, Lord, we ask You to grant us peace. Peace in our homes, peace in our churches, and peace in our hearts, when the world all around us spins out-of-control. Help us to stay focused on You, this Christmastime and always. Thank You for loving the whole world enough to send the greatest gift, Your Son, so that we might truly have a very merry Christmas. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Amen thank you Jesus for such a wonder prayer given this day , you are indeed the Prince of Peace and giver of life . I pray for every person reading this prayer that they will feel your love and peace and that you will show them the way to Salvation . Thank you Lord Jesus for coming to save us and for giving your life for us all . You love us all whether we know you or not , it is so encouraging to see people enjoying today with their family and friends, wrap your arms of love around those who are lonely and for those that are sad today , show them your love and let them see your light and feel you everlasting love and saving Grace .Amen

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two of today's meter-reading event. Down 3 decimal points to 6.7 after a marathon breakfast of French toast with butter and sugar-free syrup, coffee with cream.

In this sport, as in eventing, the lower the score the better,
And today is only the first day of this 12-day event.

I don't know of any horses named Lancet, but here is a famous blood horse appropriately named Needles:
1956-kentucky-derby-winning-race-horse-needles-5.gif

hahahaYep,.... i think at this time of year the testing does become an 'Event'.
easy to see your love of horses in your posts..like.

And strangely enough on the bike front, mine is called 'Suzi.' but it's really SuziB.....( My dads initial.)

Nice to hear about your biking days, i know some don't like, but i honestly know of few others
means of transport that offer such a way of travelling where you truly 'engage' with the elements and your surroundings.

I find the car to very boring 'Contained/Sanitised' method of getting around...
But i respect the many who want that in a journey

But A trip to work in the car..is a trip to work..
But on the Bike......omg, it can be exhilarating, AND give me the biggest smile of the day.
glad you shared some of those moments yourself..

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Nice to hear about your biking days, i know some don't like, but i honestly know of few others
means of transport that offer such a way of travelling where you truly 'engage' with the elements and your surroundings.
My first bike back in the late 60's was a Triumph Tiger Cub I loved that bike.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
There comes a point on Christmas Day when you start to look forward to the hangover on Boxing Day morning.
Some relatives turned up 25 minutes late for lunch ( we had expected them an hour earlier).
I was expecting a tale of adventure and misfortune: a breakdown, a blocked road perhaps.
Then they said they were about to leave the pub when some friends turned up so they stayed for another drink.
I had to go into the utility room and count to ten.
I’m going to the pub next year.
Now relaxed with a large glass of red (finished my driving duties for the day).
On a positive note my BGs have been below 8 all day which is a minor miracle given how mad I was (and I had some trifle!)