Please don’t stop posting...

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More hugs @JoKalsbeek ! Ah yes the ER with Mom. I am so glad your mum got to come home the same night. Of COURSE you needed chocolate! I don’t know RH either, but I am only preD and would have had the exact same shivering shaking plus heart bouncing around like a superball. I would have chalked it up to exactly what @SaskiaKC said. I once ate nearly half a homemade cherry pie while sitting a hospital shift with Mom- you are soooo not alone! Stress was getting so bad that we drastically moved her 600 miles to be in my hometown. Chocolate galore from all that travel stress was what gave me my first ever A1c of 6.5/48. I am much happier now she’s nearby, and am having no problem with the LC/sortaHF way of life.
I’m thinking you’ll be fine tomorrow!
Thank you. It's a weird morning as I'm waiting for it to not be too early to call her, in case she barely slept either. But I did a whole lot of research while I didn't sleep, so hopefully I'll be of some use to her today...!

set-in-stone

We have baked potatoes too, but our roasties are very different. :D

*pic removed for humanitarian reasons ;) *

Potatoes are part boiled, shaken to rough up their surface, then roasted in the oven in a baking dish of hot hot hot fat (goose fat is a fave) til they look like the pic. They should be crunchy and glorious on the outside, and soft and glorious on the inside.:wacky:

I have resisted until now ....will be making some today after this photo :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@ziggy_w @Brunneria @Longlife [USER=345386]@DCUKMod @Pipp

Thank you for your warm welcome back. :) :)

@hankjam It sounds like you and I have been on the same detour over the past few months (in my case it has been a year). Just got to find those good low carb habits again.

I think I proved a point to myself.... no matter how low my finger prick or HbA1c tests go, I am and always will be diabetic. :banghead::confused:

edited for typo[/USER]

nbenn

Hi All,

This is addressed to everyone (not just the low carbers) who have fallen off their wagon over Xmas.
Doesn’t matter what particular wagon it is.

Every year we get posters who go AWOL around this time year. Could be the roasties, the Tin of Quality St, the extra special superdooper family recipe eggnog...
Whatever the cause, they disappear. Starts as one day, then it grows, and grows... amazing how far ‘just one more’ will take you.
Sometimes it can last til April, if you let it.

Well, I am encouraging you to get that meter back out.
Stop buying your version of kryptonite (whatever your brand of kryptonite happens to be).
And just keep reading and posting on the forum.
You will find you are very much NOT alone, and that clambering back on your particular wagon is really much easier when you aren’t going it alone.

Don’t feel guilty.
Don’t feel ashamed.
Just keep in touch.
:D
We’ve all been there.
Hi. I've not been here since September 2018.. (got diagnosed in july 2018 i think cant really remember) I still can't get my head round being disbetic.. im still running.. I stopped doing my bloods, stopped my medication & won't go to doctors...
I feel pressured ... do this, do that,don't eat this, dont eat that.... i know I'm unwell but untill I can get my head straight about it, I guess I'm rebelling... anyway not to carry on winging, I'm still here & reading... bye

Reactions: Ponchu and Freema

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I've not been here since September 2018.. (got diagnosed in july 2018 i think cant really remember) I still can't get my head round being disbetic.. im still running.. I stopped doing my bloods, stopped my medication & won't go to doctors...
I feel pressured ... do this, do that,don't eat this, dont eat that.... i know I'm unwell but untill I can get my head straight about it, I guess I'm rebelling... anyway not to carry on winging, I'm still here & reading... bye
Don't disappear!
Your reaction to diagnosis is the same as many have had. Early days, get rebellion out of your system first, then apply what you are reading here to your own circumstances.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Potatoes are part boiled, shaken to rough up their surface, then roasted in the oven in a baking dish of hot hot hot fat (goose fat is a fave) til they look like the pic. They should be crunchy and glorious on the outside, and soft and glorious on the inside.:wacky:
Exactly how my son cooked them for me and the family......... I did over indulge sadly

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm glad you're still here. Keep reading and keep in touch. No pressure here........

nbenn

I'm still here....i did check my blood sugar last week out of cutiosity and it was 23.7 .. might check later today.. depends how I feel.. but as I said I'm here and reading.... no more posts after this cos of all the do-gooders..( but i will be watching).I know they only want to help.. but I don't want to be helped at the moment... anyway thanks for your quick reply.. appreciate it... happy New year..

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm still here....i did check my blood sugar last week out of cutiosity and it was 23.7 .. might check later today.. depends how I feel.. but as I said I'm here and reading.... no more posts after this cos of all the do-gooders..( but i will be watching).I know they only want to help.. but I don't want to be helped at the moment... anyway thanks for your quick reply.. appreciate it... happy New year..
Not sure who the 'do gooders' are. So guessing I could be one.;):bag:
Sure we'll still be here if and when you want to engage. Glad you are reading, and hope you continue to do so.
Happy and healthy new year wishes to you, too.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I admit I had been a naughty grinch for Christmas eating what is deemed the no go area I check my sugars after eating it and it was double figures yikes I never in over 3 years ever gone over 7.8 I went up to 10.0 I was straight on my exercise bike for 30 mins after

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w @Brunneria @Longlife [USER=345386]@DCUKMod @Pipp

Thank you for your warm welcome back. :) :)

@hankjam It sounds like you and I have been on the same detour over the past few months (in my case it has been a year). Just got to find those good low carb habits again.

I think I proved a point to myself.... no matter how low my finger prick or HbA1c tests go, I am and always will be diabetic. :banghead::confused:

edited for typo[/USER]

Hi @Chook,

You've done it once, you can do it again. One step at a time. We are with you on this.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to confess to two lots of Yorkshire puddings - but they are somewhat adapted to being lower carb - the milk is replaced by cream and water, there are three eggs and I use bread flour to increase the protein and only 3/4 the amount as it works better than the plain flour, and extra lard in the tins.
They are thought to be superior to my mother's far more frugal recipe which I used for decades - so thank you diabetes for pushing me into making the alterations.
I also ate roast parsnip and carrot, and other veges - but the mountain of roast potatoes did not tempt me. I have tasted them over the last year, just to check, and there is no attraction at all.
I haven't had any chocolate in the house for some weeks, my carb 'hit' at the moment is a watermelon, the previous one a punnet of plums. The scale informs me that I need to watch out and cut back - that is the problem with improved sensitivity to insulin, which I think has happened for me - upping my carb intake is shown almost at once as an increase in weight. I always take that as the signal to take action even if it is just a few pounds as I have had so many bad experiences losing weight. Cutting carbs and seeing my weight start to decrease is always reassuring, but it doesn't stop the worry.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I actually will stop posting for awhile. I have just read a very judgemental and chastising post directed at me by a moderator who has no knowledge at all of me or my life, but who made an assumption about me that was unfair and unwarranted.

I replied, enlightening said moderator, and reported their post, but I'm still angry, and it's really put me off posting here.

So I'm going to take a break. I don't come here to be jumped all over by someone who's supposed to moderate and, hopefully, be moderate.

Reactions: Freema