1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Please don’t stop posting...

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Brunneria, Dec 26, 2018.

1. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you. It's a weird morning as I'm waiting for it to not be too early to call her, in case she barely slept either. But I did a whole lot of research while I didn't sleep, so hopefully I'll be of some use to her today...!

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. set-in-stone

set-in-stone · Well-Known Member

Including my age? Great!
    Big hugs @Chook

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. set-in-stone

set-in-stone · Well-Known Member

I have resisted until now ....will be making some today after this photo :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. briped

briped Type 2 · Well-Known Member

More hugs from me and a song for you to listen to while waiting for the right time to ring her. I always enjoy reading your posts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

@JoKalsbeek sorry to hear about you and your mum’s emergency. I really hope things improve for you both. Take care of yourself. Sending hugs not chocolate. X

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Even better with butter added so it's just melting into the potato. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

@ziggy_w @Brunneria @Longlife @DCUKMod @Pipp

Thank you for your warm welcome back. :) :)

@hankjam It sounds like you and I have been on the same detour over the past few months (in my case it has been a year). Just got to find those good low carb habits again.

I think I proved a point to myself.... no matter how low my finger prick or HbA1c tests go, I am and always will be diabetic. :banghead::confused:

edited for typo

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. nbenn

nbenn · Member

Hi. I've not been here since September 2018.. (got diagnosed in july 2018 i think cant really remember) I still can't get my head round being disbetic.. im still running.. I stopped doing my bloods, stopped my medication & won't go to doctors...
    I feel pressured ... do this, do that,don't eat this, dont eat that.... i know I'm unwell but untill I can get my head straight about it, I guess I'm rebelling... anyway not to carry on winging, I'm still here & reading... bye

• Hug Hug x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Don't disappear!
    Your reaction to diagnosis is the same as many have had. Early days, get rebellion out of your system first, then apply what you are reading here to your own circumstances.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. archersuz

archersuz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Exactly how my son cooked them for me and the family......... I did over indulge sadly

• Like Like x 4
  11. archersuz

archersuz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're still here. Keep reading and keep in touch. No pressure here........

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. nbenn

nbenn · Member

I'm still here....i did check my blood sugar last week out of cutiosity and it was 23.7 .. might check later today.. depends how I feel.. but as I said I'm here and reading.... no more posts after this cos of all the do-gooders..( but i will be watching).I know they only want to help.. but I don't want to be helped at the moment... anyway thanks for your quick reply.. appreciate it... happy New year..

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Not sure who the 'do gooders' are. So guessing I could be one.;):bag:
    Sure we'll still be here if and when you want to engage. Glad you are reading, and hope you continue to do so.
    Happy and healthy new year wishes to you, too.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That is the great thing about this forum. I just read it for years before joining and even when I joined didn't post for the first year.

We will still be here when you are ready

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Arsenal79

Arsenal79 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes I admit I had been a naughty grinch for Christmas eating what is deemed the no go area I check my sugars after eating it and it was double figures yikes I never in over 3 years ever gone over 7.8 I went up to 10.0 I was straight on my exercise bike for 30 mins after

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. Fruitella

Fruitella Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bought some cheddar with ginger at a local food market some weeks ago in a vacuum pack and finally had some yesterday - it was delicious if a little strange. I suspect it may have been crystallized ginger but only teeny amounts.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Chook,

You've done it once, you can do it again. One step at a time. We are with you on this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I have to confess to two lots of Yorkshire puddings - but they are somewhat adapted to being lower carb - the milk is replaced by cream and water, there are three eggs and I use bread flour to increase the protein and only 3/4 the amount as it works better than the plain flour, and extra lard in the tins.
    They are thought to be superior to my mother's far more frugal recipe which I used for decades - so thank you diabetes for pushing me into making the alterations.
    I also ate roast parsnip and carrot, and other veges - but the mountain of roast potatoes did not tempt me. I have tasted them over the last year, just to check, and there is no attraction at all.
    I haven't had any chocolate in the house for some weeks, my carb 'hit' at the moment is a watermelon, the previous one a punnet of plums. The scale informs me that I need to watch out and cut back - that is the problem with improved sensitivity to insulin, which I think has happened for me - upping my carb intake is shown almost at once as an increase in weight. I always take that as the signal to take action even if it is just a few pounds as I have had so many bad experiences losing weight. Cutting carbs and seeing my weight start to decrease is always reassuring, but it doesn't stop the worry.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. 1954jessy

1954jessy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Good luck to you and your mum

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Diabetes Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I think I actually will stop posting for awhile. I have just read a very judgemental and chastising post directed at me by a moderator who has no knowledge at all of me or my life, but who made an assumption about me that was unfair and unwarranted.

I replied, enlightening said moderator, and reported their post, but I'm still angry, and it's really put me off posting here.

So I'm going to take a break. I don't come here to be jumped all over by someone who's supposed to moderate and, hopefully, be moderate.

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook