What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bubsie I love the Aldi single origin coffee and their decaf I tend to stockpile it in fear of running out! Think I’ll need my coffee this am as struggling to wake up think it’s the cold and OH has a bad cold developing so he was a bit restless - I’m crossing fingers I fight it off. I have heard that high cholesterol fights off infections and as you know mine is high so will be interesting to see if there are benefits! Don’t remember when I last had a cold but mixed a lot over the hols with people who kept coughing and saying how ill they had been!
5.1 today a more regular for me number
Busy day ahead so need to get moving and stop being late on parade!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

New Years dinner was lush but back to a bit plainer eating today I think ;)

Grey and chilly here but at least it's currently above freezing so a walk round the village may be on the cards for later.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
morning all. Slept in so maybe thats why the 6.5. On the bright side my Fitbit is now one year old and tells me I've walked 1800.07 miles during 2018 , sounds impressive , more than half way round the world, but its 5 miles per day or just over 10,000 steps each day. Time for some more and some coffee. Have a good day all

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Ninth Day of Christmas! Not that I feel quite like dancing this morning, but 6.5 isn't bad for the first back-to-reality day of the New Year.
Get 9 handbags and dance round them. According to John Lewis they were flying out of their UK shops - whole new meaning to free delivery.

Reactions: jjraak

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1546373607437.jpg

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I know a few of you good folk have wondered where I’d been - I’m back now as I didn’t want to post bad news over the festive- new year period

Unfortunately little puppy Banger passed away in his sleep - he just stopped breathing we only knew things were amiss when we thought we had better wake him up as he seemed to be asleep a long time.

The vet said he had haemorrhaged

Happy New Year to you all take care

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know a few of you good folk have wondered where I’d been - I’m back now as I didn’t want to post bad news over the festive- new year period

Unfortunately little puppy Banger passed away in his sleep - he just stopped breathing we only knew things were amiss when we thought we had better wake him up as he seemed to be asleep a long time.

Oh no, poor Banger. I'm so sorry to hear your news.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Cumberland that is shocking for you...so very sad..I am so sorry and sending you lots of hugs. Poor little chap must have been born with a congenital heart defect maybe.
I am sure in his short little life he knewhe was treasured.

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hope your okay cumbs been thinking about you over the holiday x

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

So so sorry and sad to hear the news about Banger - poor little thing. Also very sorry about impact it must have had on your family. Do hope you are looking after yourself take good care x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oh, @Cumberland I am so sorry.

An old friend here got a new kitten for Christmas one year. All seemed well ... then suddenly he was gone. Right over Christmas.

I am sure she would send hugs to you too.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Sorry for your loss

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

How very sad. Feel for you.