What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Must be really cold when you get ice on the meter.:)

Lol. Last year I recall a couple of times when the meter told me it couldn't function because it was too cold. But not today. - now the fire is on and I have a cup of coffee in my hand the day is much warmer :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. But not politicians and a new year and no forgiveness until they become squeaky clean.

A delicate 7.0 on the meter this morning. Quite happy with this it's below 10.

Me's and sometimes my mates chaos and mayhem said we would be back on the 32nd of December. Have a good day folks all of me's intend to, if Mrs J allows.
Orf out walking wif the old folks, average age 75 and downright speedy, my problem is trying to keep up.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An uninspiring 6.4 this morning however I grumble not as it’s self inflicted thanks to a wonderful night catching up with one of my closest friends who I only get to see a couple of times year. Way too much food, way too many carbs but most importantly so many laughs. Any festive gatherings are now officially over so normality will be resumed. Going to fast today to reset my body :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning ladies and gentlemen

Firstly thank you for all your kind words regarding the sad loss of beloved puppy Banger

It’s really been comforting

A 7.6 this morning and I’m ok with that

Have a good day

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. Such sad news about Banger, Cumberland, after looking forward to his arrival for so long. Sending virtual hugs for you and your family.
Woke up to a 9.2 this morning, my highest fbs for a long, long time.:arghh: Up until the early hours feeling very worried/ stressed about my friend who is going for cancer surgery this morning. We have been close friends for 63 years and her diagnosis has been a shock. Mum was particularly confused / anxious last night too. She couldn't hear anything I said over the phone this morning which probably means that her hearing aid battery is dead. ( The carers don't seem to check this regularly) so need to go and replace it. At least the sun is shining so I think a de-stressing walk in the fresh air is on the agenda. Hope you all have a good day.:)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dogslife I have spent the last 9 months supporting a close friend through surgery, chemo, radiotherapy and bone infusion. I am her next of kin because she has no family and I totally understand how you feel. The only thing I can say is I think the treatment now compared to years ago is so advanced and hopefully your friend will come through well. Its so great she has you in her corner, try not to stress too much. X

Reactions: Cumberland

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning ladies and gentlemen

Firstly thank you for all your kind words regarding the sad loss of beloved puppy Banger

It’s really been comforting

A 7.6 this morning and I’m ok with that

Have a good day

Good morning, Cumberland. It's good to see you back here. Big hug and wishes for you to have a good day.

Reactions: Cumberland

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Mine was 6.5.

I was pretty pleased given recent readings.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1546372934464.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.9 this morning

late posting :sorry: slept in a bit then we had to go out and order a new heating oil tank followed by being out volunteering for the rest of the day.

The new tank will be about a week getting here because they hadn't one the right size in stock. Then we move on to getting the heating engineer to do the transfer. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

@Cumberland - just sending hugs.

Hope your day went well :)