What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with your meeting today - very inspirational but what does PM stand for ? I’m assuming you’re not meeting the prime minister just yet? Or are you??
Practice Manager :) PRIME MINISTER SCHEDULED IN TOWARDS END OF YEAR ;-)
Meeting went really well. Planned presentation for 27th Feb which gives me time to sort. They will print any handouts for us and charge CCG. Their comms guy will be on hand to help. PM going put to all other local PMs to confirm details so they can spread the word. Just dashing now to sort brother in law but will post more later.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
haha....i suppose police are now investigating the case of the 'Poet Stalker'....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

(but so easily done, i suspect.:writer:)
Lol can we say the”Limerick stalker” to put them off the scent...I have to be the daftest thread user...it never occured to me there might be more than one Rhubarb!

Reactions: HarryBeau

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Practice Manager :) PRIME MINISTER SCHEDULED IN TOWARDS END OF YEAR ;-)
Meeting went really well. Planned presentation for 27th Feb which gives me time to sort. They will print any handouts for us and charge CCG. Their comms guy will be on hand to help. PM going put to all other local PMs to confirm details so they can spread the word. Just dashing now to sort brother in law but will post more later.
Suppose that PM May is a tad busy just now or I’m sure it would have been sooner! Great amount of time to sort - how long is it scheduled to last for?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez you are doing sterling work I admire you. Re the chinese t/a can I just ask if there are any other things you can tolerate? We are going to newish friends on Sat and will be having a t/a. When they came to us we ordered Indian which I can navigate but since they are hosting they might choose Chinese.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol can we say the”Limerick stalker” to put them off the scent...I have to be the daftest thread user...it never occured to me there might be more than one Rhubarb!

haha....Like the thinking.
and it DOES seem an unusual moniker, tbf.

Just to be sure ..i put the @ sign then begin typing in names and them try to check pics match
presume you do the same...?

Does still make me chuckle, as the post IS for Rhubarb AND you even personalised the limerick...:D
surprised you never got a post saying..:***:...:hilarious:

..There once was a goldfish Rhubarb
Who couldn't get on with a carb
He decided to eat
Lots of dairy and meat
And soon found he needed new garb..."

i Love it when we don't take ourselves too seriously and can still laugh at silly mistakes.
Bravo @PenguinMum :)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice low 5.9 this morning, following a very weird dream, a midnight snack of one bite of a Protein-Rich low-carb bar, and a late supper of Spaghetti-O's and meatballs (which was followed by a high of 7.3). I'm starting to think all this testing and thinking is all just a load of BG. ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up early, slightly nervous for no reason, it's not like i get results today..but it is what it is..

So tested at 5.3...get in, just the start i wanted.

a small handful of pecans, peanut butter and seeds, all rolled into one.
(then after i thought "DID YOU JUST BREAK YOUR FAST...:banghead::banghead::banghead: )

so happy mood left the building, Sour grumpy mood banged on door SO hard... i HAD to let it in.

Told me i needed to be PAY, if i wanted redemption.

running shoes on...kitted up, ran to surgery...
(Yes, i know its a measure over 3 months, but hey,,when you go into a mind funk, and a meltdown
is not TOO far away..whatya gonna do..:wacky: )

Nurse nice..

"have you eaten..".....( EATEN, she KNOWS.AAGGHH :***::***::***:)...
"yes..err..a tiny amount...:sorry:..".

can you provide a sample of urine....:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

WITCH !!..(I'll be changing our blinds for thicker ones, asap )
( she KNOWS i can't ..i went before i left :bigtears::bigtears:...That's what your SUPPOSED to do before going ANYWHERE )

I went for a blood test and now it's turned into one of those Japanese style Krypton Factor type shows
......oh the SHAME.:oops:

Blood test itself easy...one hit, she stabs me, shes in the vein..bloods taken.. all good.
(gave her your email address, @Bubbsie ;) )

Ran/jogged to big tescos, for stores,
found the barenaked protein noodles ..was going to order and try from amazon
so bought along with a few bits..so days working out ok :).....i think.o_O

have a good one all.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Up early, slightly nervous for no reason, it's not like i get results today..but it is what it is..

So tested at 5.3...get in, just the start i wanted.

a small handful of pecans, peanut butter and seeds, all rolled into one.
(then after i thought "DID YOU JUST BREAK YOUR FAST...:banghead::banghead::banghead: )

so happy mood left the building, Sour grumpy mood banged on door SO hard... i HAD to let it in.

Told me i needed to be PAY, if i wanted redemption.

running shoes on...kitted up, ran to surgery...
(Yes, i know its a measure over 3 months, but hey,,when you go into a mind funk, and a meltdown
is not TOO far away..whatya gonna do..:wacky: )

Nurse nice..

"have you eaten..".....( EATEN, she KNOWS.AAGGHH :***::***::***:)...
"yes..err..a tiny amount...:sorry:..".

can you provide a sample of urine....:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

WITCH !!..(I'll be changing our blinds for thicker ones, asap )
( she KNOWS i can't ..i went before i left :bigtears::bigtears:...That's what your SUPPOSED to do before going ANYWHERE )

I went for a blood test and now it's turned into one of those Japanese style Krypton Factor type shows
......oh the SHAME.:oops:

Blood test itself easy...one hit, she stabs me, shes in the vein..bloods taken.. all good.
(gave her your email, @Bubbsie ;) )

Ran/jogged to big tescos, for stores,
found the barenaked protein noodles ..was going to order and try from amazon
so bought along with a few bits..so days working out ok :).....i think.o_O

have a good one all.:)
Good luck hope you’re not waiting too long for your results

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful that you are doing all this. I think the problems of too may carbs, diabetes and obesity have just been made a whole lot worse by the British Nutrition Foundation and their new guidelines. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-46843832/healthy-eating-what-is-a-correct-food-portion Leaving aside what they think are typically eaten foods, the portion sizes for meat, veg and cheese - and portion sizes generally - will leave people hungry IMHO and only increase snacking on very unhealthy foods. Good luck with your meeting the environment out there is not looking helpful. Pretty confused as well, how on earth would anyone ever get the amount of fibre suggested last week from that food intake??:banghead:

I’d be positively starving if I measured those portion sizes using my hands - I wear children’s gloves as they’re so small!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A visit to charity shop to drop stuff off is on my ‘to do’ list today, not sure I’ll come out empty handed though.

New Lakeland catalogue has just come through the letterbox though, I may shelve all plans for today and just yearn after all those things I didn’t know I needed.

Loving the new avatar ;)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 for me. A touch higher than I'd prefer (I aim for 4.0 - 5.4) but very close.

Some good news I would like to share. Speaking to my cousin in Canada last night who says things are a changing re dietary guidelines. She sent me some links which you might be interested in reading (only skimmed through myself but will digest later:

I'm glad that we now have a group of doctors that are questioning the low fat/ whole grains in the upcoming food guideline revision. Unfortunately the updated guidelines will perpetuate the bad advice unless things change suddenly and unless this group can turn things around, it will be the misguided low fat/high whole grains advice that has been given for the last 40 - 50 years (as shown in the recent released draft.) . (See the first line of the first link : "Latest version of Canada Food Guide doubles down on whole grains, advises limiting saturated fat".)

I suspect the Canadian food producers and lobbies are once again, having an enormous influence. Canada is a huge producer of wheat and other grains and gave the world canola oil (rebranded rapeseed oil - we are a huge producer of it.) We are far behind the UK in awareness among medical professionals of low carb and diabetes compared to the UK although it is starting to spread. I'm taking in more stuff to my doctor tomorrow for my follow up appointment, she now has a least 2 of us in her practice who are Type 2s with normal blood glucose due to low carb eating.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1546640751677.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Very wishful thinking on a par with me thinking my DX was a complete mistake IMHO.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but does not make it any the less true
I don't think things bode well for her no matter the outcome tomorrow.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe wishful thinking on my part but does not make it any the less true
I don't think things bode well for her no matter the outcome tomorrow.
Really? We seemed to be saddled with the 2 worst leaders of the main parties in at least my lifetime and stuck with them for a while as well. Hope you are right but the alternatives are all worse. Very similar to LCHF

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Really? We seemed to be saddled with the 2 worst leaders of the main parties in at least my lifetime and stuck with them for a while as well. Hope you are right but the alternatives are all worse. Very similar to LCHF
Well it maybe best if we agree to differ on that one but if she loses the vote tomorrow and its by over 100 votes it will be the worst showing by a PM in over 100 years or so I have heard bit longer than mine or your lifetimes I think.