What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning - hopefully will be back in the 5s tomorrow.

Glad you managed to carch your early train @Goonergal , hope you still get the office to yourself for a bit.
@Bubbsie I saw that film and loved it too.
@johnpol so pleased the sinus infection has gone. I agree about Tramadol, horrible.
@Charis1213 it must have been a scary moment to lose power on the motorway. Hope its not going to cost an arm and a leg to fix.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you managed to carch your early train @Goonergal , hope you still get the office to yourself for a bit.

Thanks. Decided that full case and full backpack were not a good idea for my afternoon meetings in a building with airline style security so raced home from Euston dropped stuff off and am back on train to work!

Also meant I could switch on heating. take steak out of freezer and pick up a spare watch as mine had stopped at 2.30am this morning.

Feeling exhausted already!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. A big day in Westminster today, no sympathy here for those politicians.

Well after a disastrous night and early morning an expected 12.4, no bodies fault but mine. No sympathy required, sleep is my overriding priority on these occasions.

Onward and upward to face the day fuelled with strong koffy.

Belated birthday greetings to those posters who had and are having birthdays, I have played ( very badly ) " happy birthday to you " during my practice session this morning on my keyboard.
Later today I shall be unleashing chaos and mayhem hehehehe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

frosty morning today but at least the wind has died down :) we may have to go to mum's today to trim a bit of tree which has cracked and is now leaning on the fence (which cost us quite a bit to get repaired during the summer), depends on how dry it is later.

Didn't get a walk yesterday the rain was torrential and it was very windy so hopefully I will do better today :)

Hope your Monday treats you gently :)
Great fbg as per. No frost or rain here - very dry since at least Christmas Eve. The wind makes walking interesting when combined with my porkiness and sub optimal spine. Cut short dog walk yesterday as I was likely to be blown over but fitbit said I had climbed 14 stairs. Have fun tree trimming - are you a chain saw gal?
Edited to add still on tour and to ask Mr H Kane MBE *** he was playing at yesterday - did he have money on De Gea as MOM??:arghh:

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.9 today
@DJC3 im with you on charity clothes always picking up bargains in small sizes couldn’t do that when larger as more competition!
@Bubbsie i watched the Guernsey film too over Christmas loved it
@Goonergal sounds like you’ve done a days work before you’ve even started!
Hoping to get longish walk in today if I can make time amidst my to do list......mmm maybe as part of walk I could add a loop and swing by a charity shop to check out recent donations you’ve inspired or tempted me @DJC3!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:) After 10yrs I’ve learned quite well that a couple is code for several. I of course don’t tell him, but I very much enjoy the tv to myself so I can watch trashy shows we never normally would :D - but sssssshhhh if he caught wind of my joy of a peaceful night he’d offer to do it more regularly;)

hahaha....i like it.
(tho to be fair a wife/husband dictionary is littered with variations on the same wording)
OOh, look at that dress, lets pop in for a few minutes.= Hours of boredom
Off out for a couple, love won't be long = Closing time

And i must be honest to having to 'feign, the look of sadness when the missus say's shes stopping over at a friends
...a film WITHOUT interruptions...Yehaaaw...
(your secrets safe ;),
we all have our own little moments we secretly savour, as much as we love those S/O...:D )

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today which is brilliant after a weekend away which ended with a Chinese take away. Chicken foo yung really agrees with me I'm happy to say (Not one grain of rice in site and lots of eggyness!!!).

Off to my surgery for a meeting with PM and council about the up and coming presentation in the community shortly. I'm so excited! In my head dreaming that it's going to be such a success I'm going to be travelling up and down the country delivering! @xfieldok are you ready for this :)

Some good news I would like to share. Speaking to my cousin in Canada last night who says things are a changing re dietary guidelines. She sent me some links which you might be interested in reading (only skimmed through myself but will digest later:

https://www.chatelaine.com/health/low-carb-high-fat-diets/

https://www.ccfortn.ca

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4974730

Happy Monday everyone.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. A shocking 9.3 today at 8.45am. (3/4 hour after blood pressure medication which I have to take that long before eating) :arghh: Disappointing after a rare good night's sleep and what I considered lowish carb. eating yesterday. ( Cheeses, boiled eggs (+ 1 slice toast with butter), baked fish/ broccoli/ cauliflower). Will retest 2 hours after breakfast and Gliclazide. Have a good day everyone.:)

Retest 2 hours after breakfast/ Gliclazide: 8.4 with same strips as before. 8.1 with newly opened strips.
( Same finger).

Retested 31/3 hours after evening meal ( Bacon/poached egg/ tomatoes) and 2nd Gliclazide& Metformin:- 8.9 . Tested because I felt shaky following 2 nose bleeds. It's a mystery!:(

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today which is brilliant after a weekend away which ended with a Chinese take away. Chicken foo yung really agrees with me I'm happy to say (Not one grain of rice in site and lots of eggyness!!!).

Off to my surgery for a meeting with PM and council about the up and coming presentation in the community shortly. I'm so excited! In my head dreaming that it's going to be such a success I'm going to be travelling up and down the country delivering! @xfieldok are you ready for this :)

Some good news I would like to share. Speaking to my cousin in Canada last night who says things are a changing re dietary guidelines. She sent me some links which you might be interested in reading (only skimmed through myself but will digest later:

Happy Monday everyone.
Good luck with your meeting today - very inspirational but what does PM stand for ? I’m assuming you’re not meeting the prime minister just yet? Or are you??

Reactions: HarryBeau

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
7.4 this morning, not too bad. As I have said before, there was a time I would have been hanging out the flags for a number like that....now I want it to go lower! Off out today to do a bit of voluntary work and then to Ikea to meet a friend and then on to feed the ducks. App on for Westminster watching.

P

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy Monday everyone.
Wonderful that you are doing all this. I think the problems of too may carbs, diabetes and obesity have just been made a whole lot worse by the British Nutrition Foundation and their new guidelines. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-46843832/healthy-eating-what-is-a-correct-food-portion Leaving aside what they think are typically eaten foods, the portion sizes for meat, veg and cheese - and portion sizes generally - will leave people hungry IMHO and only increase snacking on very unhealthy foods. Good luck with your meeting the environment out there is not looking helpful. Pretty confused as well, how on earth would anyone ever get the amount of fibre suggested last week from that food intake??:banghead:

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
maybe as part of walk I could add a loop and swing by a charity shop to check out recent donations you’ve inspired or tempted me @DJC3!

A visit to charity shop to drop stuff off is on my ‘to do’ list today, not sure I’ll come out empty handed though.

New Lakeland catalogue has just come through the letterbox though, I may shelve all plans for today and just yearn after all those things I didn’t know I needed.