What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Happy to report 5.6 after 3 egg mushroom omlette last night and a LoCal jelly. Ice but no snow here. My eye scan at hospital has come through for tomo.
Hope you all have a good Wed. Please take care underfoot and drive carefully.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It's snowing outside, the forecast said to expect 2 to 4 inches of snow.

@DJC3 and @shelley262 -- Thanks for the welcome back. I am glad to be posting again too. It's final exam period and had almost all my exams (10 of them) bunched in the first week. Still managed to get in an hour of exercise daily, but wasn't easy. Sure this helped with fbgs.

@Debandez -- Congrats on your low fbgs and the result of your Hba1c hometest. I have a feeling that the hometest often reflects the results of our daily testing better than the lab test.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.8.

Keep warm everyone.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

oh, it snow! thankfully it isn't any colder at the moment than yesterday when it didn't really get above freezing all day.

Staying warm is a bit of a thing with me now I'm thinner than I was. We took mum out yesterday and she walks more slowly than mr. gee and I, so, I had on a tee shirt, a shirt and a big wooly jumper under my coat plus my thick tights and a pair of running shorts under a long winter skirt - cue laughter from mr. gee :hilarious:

Hopefully not going far today, luckily I have some indoor jobs to do ;)

Stay safe everyone and I hope your day treats you kindly :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning. Happy with that. Home A1c 31 yesterday (normally about 4 points out to lab test but I'm delighted with that especially as it reflects the Xmas period!

My leaflet for my first presentation with fabulous support and help from co presenter @xfieldok has been okey'd by my GP surgery and is currently getting emailed to other surgeries by CCGs. They are very very keen on the patient to patient approach. DCUK confirmed i could even use their logo!!! Today im a very happy bunny.

***Any diabetics in the Blackpool area interested in coming? Feel free, its a drop in session***

Hope everyone has a good day.

@Debandez ..that is A BANGING poster.
Marvelous stuff.

And GREAT NEWS on the HBA1c score.:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"....and that was Bennie & the Jets.

We're out in the road today in sunny South London, with the DCUK Radio Roadshow...."GOOD MORNING, SARF LUNDUN..<ROAR>

The promised "Yellow " snow hasn't materialised, but it is icy underfoot in places, so be careful out there people.

Temperature is expected to hit the low 30's today before dropping this evening.

Here in the studio it's a balmy 5.4, on the old FBG scale..so a pleasantly warm feeling.

Just while I'm having a sneaky cuppa, have a listen, to the next song up.

This is a good one for all you active types, get you up and jumping about and get that ol' heart pumping...

and when I heard it, it made me think of those newish to the forum,
( We all remember THOSE dreadful, early days, right...:bigtears:)

Just to let you KNOW, those first few days & weeks, can be REALLY hard.

And for you, there's a message, in the music...

And the message is,
Hang Tough, it all seems odd at the minute, but the changes coming ARE all for the best..and it does get easier, honest.

And here, with changing, is Paloma Faith..

Have a good day, all..:)

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 didnt measure right away was in the shower did the dishes and was anoyed a friend phoning me only to ask if I had phoned her , she does that all the time , but I didn’t eat anything wonder how High it Can get with me not eating , yesterday burned 2000 calories at fitness only ate 1400 calories , I did Think my number this morning would have been lower

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that @dunelm Plugged details into the 2nd link and of the 2 meals suggested 1 was totally off limits for me - almond butter and almonds. I know there are alternatives but if that is the type of meal plan I have no chance - just as I expected:arghh::arghh::arghh: At least you didn't suggest DD so thanks for that and anyone thinking I could look there please don't

Yes, its a bit limiting but the list given is the whole meal and you can change options with the little arrows to the right. For instance I chose a 600 calorie meal and got something not very good - did not want nuts for breakfast. I eventually got a spinach and cheese omelet and 4 strips of bacon - more of a main meal for me. The three dots in the circle give you all the values for that aspect of the suggested meal

Anyhow, good luck with your hunting. I tend to print off any good recipe that I find, especially if I can include carb and calorie values, and put them into a folder in my cupboard of chemicals and mysticism (Mrs Miggins’ name for it).

upload_2019-1-30_9-52-42.jpeg

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, a 5.6 for me. Haven't eaten much last couple of day due to feeling under the weather. But...onwards and upwards, just had my 1st try of the treadmill, it's going to help up my steps and budge the weight stall! But I'm guessing with this possible UTI and puffy eyes it could all be fluid. Enjoy your day on this cold frosty one...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At my primary school good behaviour used to be rewarded with a black star being stamped on your hand using an ink pad. They were known as ‘bonking stars’!
Oh dear, bonking had a whole different meaning where I grew up. The ink pad stamp sounds like the black spot in Treasure Island

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at 0645.
My last 24 hour readings look like this. First meal of the day was at about 2pm and there was a rise. Dinner was at about 8pm, at midnight when I went to bed it was 5.3 and then went nuts during the night. I did give it a biscuit to play with while I slept though.

upload_2019-1-30_10-11-48.jpeg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez ..that is A BANGING poster.
Marvelous stuff.

And GREAT NEWS on the HBA1c score.:D
I'm so happy. My GP surgery are right behind this. They are spreading the word and just asked this morning if they could inform their practice management magazine. I said they could tell who they liked!!! They have also given me the go ahead to get back on touch with my local gazette paper to see if they are interested in my story part 2!!! Every little helps spreading the LCHF woe that gives diabetics longer and healthier lives!!! THIS MORNING TV. Bring it on.