What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
Haven't posted for a while as my food is very uninspiring!
But today I fasted til 5pm from 8pm last night.
And I've just had a delicious bowl of keto chilli. No rice, no kidney beans, just some cucumber and cherry toms and grated cheese. It was lovely and the first thing I've really enjoyed. I'm going to make a big batch for the freezer just going to have my normal dessert of jelly and cream....I really must find other desserts to try.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs good highlights in your day! I’ve never had a keyboard issue with either of my 2 Samsung Chromebooks - what happened to yours? I’m happy that swimming is going well. It’s such great exercise.
GREAT to see you @AngiH !! I found a chicken chili recipe I want to make, and you’ve just put it on my “very soon” list. Congrats on the fast My food is also uninspiring unless someone does as much rushed meal prep and on-the-fly eating as I do.

Reactions: AngiH

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch in my favourite local cafe where you can just say what bits you want and they cook it for you; 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of black,pudding, a pot of english breakfast tea, view of the sea thrown in. If you have a dog, they get a nice cut up saussage on the house.
Dinner; 3 100% pork sausages and a small burger from the butcher, 2 eggs.
Off to the big smoke tomorrow for a charity comedy show at the Paladium in support of Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals Charity. Clive Anderson is hosting. Should be fun. Bet I eat fancy rubbish.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gammon with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: Diet Doctor cauliflower cheese with a small portion of peas and sweet corn followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@shelley262 hope you got to Yorkshire ok

@ianpspurs sounds like you had a good day and that’s my kind of dinner

@dunelm sounds like a great celebration

Hungry day today. Lunch was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a bag of their pork crackling.

Dinner was at Five Guys. Bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and a few pieces of onion/1 slice of tomato. Closely followed up by a 25g bar of Sainsbury’s 85% chocolate. Bought while out walking and very pleased with myself as for the first time ever only ate 1 of the 5 small bars. The remaining 4 are now safely in the freezer.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all just a very quick log in after a complex day. Also had to run across brum as my local train got stuck behind a broken down train so nearly missed my booked long distance train but managed it thankfully.
Mum concerned about a lump that she hadn’t told me about so lots of support required! I’m sure it will be fine but need to sort it out. Drs appt in the morning before I come home later but suspect may be back up for a biopsy within a few weeks.
No breakfast as very very early train
Brunch out with mum bacon and egg in a Wetherspoons
Dinner steak, mushroom sauce and salad followed by lc lemon cake I took with me warmed served with cream
Hope all well with everyone -will catch up when back hopefully late tomorrow

Last edited:

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love celeriac remoulade too but it’s such a hassle to prepare without a food processor to grate it.
Absolutely agree, which is why I made a bumper amount in my food processor this evening and grated enough to try a celeriac rosti. Thanks to @Chook and @SlimLizzy for the culinary inspiration. :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
B: protein peanut & chocolate bar with tea
3 coffees throughout the day
D: very late - just finished eating but did cook despite the time. Prawns with oven roasted onions, peppers, courgettes and cherry tomatoes with some Nando’s hot sauce. And a hotel chocolat cherry sour for after

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening everyone. Very late posting tonight. It seemed to take me forever to clear up after dinner tonight, then there was lunches, chia pudding and a batch of smoky spicy nuts to be made! I'm exhausted!

Breakfast: Mocha chia pudding. Coffee and cream.
Mid morning: Almond milk cappuccino.
Lunch: Green soup (everything green in the fridge - celery, leek, asparagus, spinach, stock and cream) with cheesy skillet bread.
Afternoon: Another almond milk cappuccino.
Dinner: Pan fried salmon with roast cherry tomatoes, asparagus, celeriac rosti (a success!) and homemade hollandaise. SF jelly and cream. Decaf coffee and cream.

Attachments

• 63AD6DE0-AF4F-47B3-86EC-EB693C013C50.jpeg
    63AD6DE0-AF4F-47B3-86EC-EB693C013C50.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 133

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Evening everyone. Very late posting tonight. It seemed to take me forever to clear up after dinner tonight, then there was lunches, chia pudding and a batch of smoky spicy nuts to be made! I'm exhausted!

Lunch: Green soup (everything green in the fridge - celery, leek, asparagus, spinach, stock and cream) with cheesy skillet bread.
Dinner: Pan fried salmon with roast cherry tomatoes, asparagus, celeriac rosti (a success!) and homemade hollandaise. SF jelly and cream. Decaf coffee and cream.
That rosti looks delicious, but as am not a huge fan of celariac, have been hunting for my three veg rosti recipe. So far it has eluded me:(. However packing up the house have already discovered a few "lost" or forgotten items. including my christmas treat a packet of salted caramel florentines. Only six in the packet. 15g carb in each! but had some given as a present in 2017, loved them. Hope they live up to expectations.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The rosti looks fab. Your whole meal sounds fab. After reading your post I’m just going into the kitchen to make a mocha chia pud for tomorrow now!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
B: protein peanut & chocolate bar with tea
3 coffees throughout the day
D: very late - just finished eating but did cook despite the time. Prawns with oven roasted onions, peppers, courgettes and cherry tomatoes with some Nando’s hot sauce. And a hotel chocolat cherry sour for after

I love Nando’s hot sauce. I became quite addicted to it at one point and used to have it on toast for breakfast ( before my low carbing days obvs)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love Nando’s hot sauce. I became quite addicted to it at one point and used to have it on toast for breakfast ( before my low carbing days obvs)
I love it! Makes the blandest of food taste like a treat :)

Reactions: DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
12/02
6.56am before breakfast 5.4
Tea, made porridge, 25g oats .5 cup water, ,25 cup milk.
Served with 10g peanut butter and .25cup milk.
Made more tea, but only drank a small amount of it.Forgot testing kit. So no after breakfast BG. But insufficient calories, (121)didn't sit well in stomach and hungry again by 11am.
11am 3 slices Emmental, cup of coffee.
2.56pm Before lunch ( where did the time go?) 5.8
Lunch slice of toast( burgen bread ofc) pate and a satsuma, cup of coffee. This is nearly what i would have considered to be a normal lunch for me before diagnosis. Just missing the pot of sugary yoghurt. Still not enough calories though.(341) Actually would have been natural live, low fat yoghurt and half a dozen raspberries.
5.22 after lunch, bit more than two hours 6.3
Snack, two more slices emmental, Tea.
visited Mum in hospital
8pm Oh *** didnt take before BG
Dinner, beef casserole, three veg mash, cabbage. Yoghurt and berries. Shared a bottle of fizz - celebrating the successful outcome of Mum's operation. Oh and our house sale as well, although will not be certain about that until we have exchange of contracts. Tomorrow is husbands birthday. Almost got overlooked with everything else happening at the moment.
Day before Valentines is not a good day for a birthday - Add to that Mum's birthday is actually on Valentines day.
Made grain free granola
Forgot to weigh in on Monday. Will try to remember tomorrow.
STILL 314 calories short. That makes it three days in a row. Weight going down?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.5 FBG 6.6 - can I just say I don't like rose water chia pudding. It is yuk! Don't know if it was the rose water but it has an odd smell about it. A bit like nail varnish remover. It does taste a bit like Turkish delight but the smell is off putting.
B. Still on Dr Almond bread. 2 bits ciabatta with the pate pate salmon this time. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing had the boys to collect while DIL worked for a couple of hours.
D. Hubby fancied fish so I rustled up my fish and chips again. Today's crumb mix was parmesan, almond flour, flaxmeal, sesame seeds, pepper and parsley. Cod loin, veggie chips and diet doctor curried tartare sauce.
I tried the chia pudding but settled for raspberries due to the smell.
@BibaBee I was careful with the rosewater. I even made a "sugar" syrup with monk fruit and added the rose water bit by bit but this odd smell appeared after.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's funny how we all influence each other's menus on here! You can see themes popping up all over the place. :happy:

You’re absolutely right, and it’s great as it stops things getting boring.
Mocha pud finally in fridge - I dropped the packet of cocoa on the floor in my haste to get it undone - what a nightmare to clean up!

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.5 FBG 6.6 - can I just say I don't like rose water chia pudding. It is yuk! Don't know if it was the rose water but it has an odd smell about it. A bit like nail varnish remover. It does taste a bit like Turkish delight but the smell is off putting.
B. Still on Dr Almond bread. 2 bits ciabatta with the pate pate salmon this time. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing had the boys to collect while DIL worked for a couple of hours.
D. Hubby fancied fish so I rustled up my fish and chips again. Today's crumb mix was parmesan, almond flour, flaxmeal, sesame seeds, pepper and parsley. Cod loin, veggie chips and diet doctor curried tartare sauce.
I tried the chia pudding but settled for raspberries due to the smell.
@BibaBee I was careful with the rosewater. I even made a "sugar" syrup with monk fruit and added the rose water bit by bit but this odd smell appeared after.

What a shame about the rosewater, I love Fry’s Turkish delight so was hoping you’d cracked it.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Oh @shelley262 your poor mum sitting on her worries! Waiting is the worst. At least biopsies ain’t what they used to be.
I am imagining you running over hill and dale with a lemon cake balanced on your head, arriving at your train with nary a hair out of place!
@SlimLizzy glad you have that to celebrate with your mum!!!!
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, no cat thievage, decaf/soy/cream that went on forever. I honestly do not remember what I did this morning...
Lunch finished first mug of decaf, fixed another. Made chicken salad for supper w mom. Chicken, mayo, a strangely delicious mix of herbs and spices. Made bread sandwich for mom supper, t lc tortilla chicken salad for me.
Supper after a gorgeous choral vespers. Celery n cukes, chicken salad.
Good morning some of you!!

Last edited: