What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @shelley262 your poor mum sitting on her worries! Waiting is the worst. At least biopsies ain’t what they used to be.
I am imagining you running over hill and dale with a lemon cake balanced on your head, arriving at your train with nary a hair out of place!
@SlimLizzy glad you have that to celebrate with your mum!!!!
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, no cat thievage, decaf/soy/cream that went on forever. I honestly do not remember what I did this morning...
Lunch finished first mug jii
Hi well you managed to raise a laugh for me this morning with the image of me with my lc lemon cake on my head! Drs with mum early on so hoping she’ll be reassuring and not a long wait for investigation will report back this evening at least if I have to run again on my journey across brum from one station to next there will be no lemon cake involved as it is being left as a treat for mum.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch: Cheese and onion toasted sandwiches.
Dinner: Mutton chops, veggies etc.
Breakfast today: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon. tomatoes, one refried cooked spudlite tater.
May be a man thing but that is just about the most liveable menu I have seen posted. Your stats suggest you are what is known as a "big unit" which is a compliment round here. I seem to be somewhere in between you at a nice manly size and ladies who can fit into girls clothes. Absolutely no simple read across for a menu that pleases me and gives the control you or they have. Keep posting here please I can see a ray of hope.:)

set-in-stone

Very stressful two days and it really showed in my food!
I am sticking with: I needed all the nutrients for my “fight or flight” mode!

Yesterday -
Breakfast 2 x M&S scotch eggs, BPC
Lunch - coconut pieces, lots of tea and water
Dinner - (drum roll) A large portion of homemade lasagna using squash sheets. Extra slices of roasted squash. 1 portion of chicken. Some coleslaw. 2 cups of tea. Phew!

Today:
Coffee and 25gms butter so far ....early days

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Yesterday was a no chocolate day. Suspiciously easy.
But then I did eat 3 meals, which is unusual

B: 2.5 local butchers sausages, out of the fridge
L: a crustless quiche Mr B told me HAD to be eaten today, and would I do it. Horrible. It must be a year since I ate one of the bought ones, and it was a waste of money. Base pastry too thick to cut down on filling, and the onion hadn't been precooked. Since I was leaving the base, I saw quite how much carby 'padding' they were selling as a 'crustless'.
D: a large homemade lamb burger
S: Wensleydale. Quite a lot of it.

Apparently cutting out chocolate means that I eat 10 x its weight in cheese. :D

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@shelley262 and then my DIL sent me this just now:
IMG_7556.jpg

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
o_O

Takes all types, I suppose.

Although I must admit grabbing 100g of cheese out of the fridge last night, and eating HenryVIII style was a grand moment... the dogs thought so too.

:oops:

You mean that you don't normally eat it that way ???:shy:

Oops

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a shame about the rosewater, I love Fry’s Turkish delight so was hoping you’d cracked it.
I had raspberry and rose chia pudding this morning. No chocolate though, so not Fry's flavour! The key is use a small amount of rose water. I used half a teaspoon for a batch of 4 puddings. It was delicious, not soapy and no unpleasant smell.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
May be a man thing but that is just about the most liveable menu I have seen posted. Your stats suggest you are what is known as a "big unit" which is a compliment round here. I seem to be somewhere in between you at a nice manly size and ladies who can fit into girls clothes. Absolutely no simple read across for a menu that pleases me and gives the control you or they have. Keep posting here please I can see a ray of hope.:)

Ian, honey.... despite the weirdness and unsuitableness of my menus, I will never EVER be shopping in the children’s department again. I “grew like Topsy” at puberty, and what hath grown up cannot be shrunketh...

Reactions: DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
o_O

Takes all types, I suppose.

Although I must admit grabbing 100g of cheese out of the fridge last night, and eating HenryVIII style was a grand moment... the dogs thought so too.

Nothing wrong with some cheese, then some chocolate, then more cheese, followed by more chocolate...

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Not the best of nights - something upset my tummy - I think it was probably the smoked mackerel.

It's glorious weather for February here in my corner of Yorkshire - all my crocuses are flowering as well as the snowdrops - about two weeks earlier than they flowered last year.

For those that want to remember: it's Valentine's day tomorrow. :angelic:

Today....

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs - boring but it reliably gives me BG which are 0.3 to 0.8 units lower at 2 hrs PP than they were at FBG

Lunch: Chunk of Camembert - not quite as large a chunk as @Brunneria 's snackette yesterday but close

Dinner: Celeriac dauphinoise, lamb chop, orange pepper roasted with cherry tomatoes, chopped black olives and a drizzle of garlic and basil oil.

Drinks: black decaff coffee with breakfast, mid morning wad big mug tea with skimmed milk, spread over the rest of the day 2 litres still spring water

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook hope you’re feeling better today. Was the mackerel tinned or in a vacuum pack?
Have to agree about the signs that spring is on its way - snowdrops are the cheeriest sight and appear just at the right time, when we’ve absolutely had enough of winter.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Chook hope your digestive system has calmed down!!
Thank you @DJC3 !
Just had an appt with my very cheerful PCP. Asked if he wanted me fasting or not for my labs Friday. He said, oh just don’t eat a fatty meal. Maybe just coffee and toast.
I said, to a preD you’re saying eat bread??? He replied, in moderation. 60 (American meaning total all) carbs/meal. I said, try, 30 net carbs a day. The discussion we were having was very much open and friendly; he’s not an “order you around” type physician, and in his 30’s so may actually have had a semester of “Bedside Manner” in med school. So when/if my HbA1c comes back much improved, I’m going to be telling him “nanny nanny boo boo” or you may know it as “nyaa nyaa na nyaa nyaaa” and I expect he will take it in good humor.
Also, while he is testing for kidney stuff, he said my scary swollen lower legs are most likely age related and if I want I can wear (the AWFUL) TED hose. Or, you know, put my feet up. Not alot of that happening these days!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian, honey.... despite the weirdness and unsuitableness of my menus, I will never EVER be shopping in the children’s department again. I “grew like Topsy” at puberty, and what hath grown up cannot be shrunketh...
I quite like you and all that but never, ever call me honey - I detest both the substance and the word:angelic:

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I quite like you and all that but never, ever call me honey - I detest both the substance and the word:angelic:

I think you might have to be Southern American to appreciate that way of using that phrase. I promise, never again!