What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Again three days of catching up on postings to do, got through most of Wednesday by now. Off to do some grocery shopping in a minute - so will catch up on the rest later.

Weather has been brilliant lately, sunny and 15 degrees, hope it stays this way. We will have some tapas and wine later today, might even sit outside and enjoy the sun.

Fasting blood sugars for the last three days were 4.5, 4.4, 4.8.

Have a great weekend everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Either 6.0 or 5.3 depending on which meter I believe.
Have an appointment with a personal trainer at my daughter’s gym this morning, feeling a bit nervous. Then off to Croydon for a friend’s surprise 60th birthday party which should be a hoot.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. My coffee is on now too @Bubbsie
That must have been some serious misdemeanour for you to have been sent to Croydon:angelic: (Just realised, the first cohort I taught there will be in their 50s:arghh:)

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, 8.8 this morning which was exciting. I think this may be because I didn’t have much dinner last night....

I start the basal/bolus regime today so will be learning to count carbs - wish me luck!

The aim today is not to panic when I get to 7 and to try to resist eating at this stage even though I feel hypo. The consultant confirmed this is just a fake hypo because I have been running so high. You can imagine how I felt yesterday when at one point after eating late due to being busy in work I got to a 5.8 :hungover: - I thought I was gonna pass out!

Have s nice Saturday everyone!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, 8.8 this morning which was exciting. I think this may be because I didn’t have much dinner last night....

I start the basal/bolus regime today so will be learning to count carbs - wish me luck!

The aim today is not to panic when I get to 7 and to try to resist eating at this stage even though I feel hypo. The consultant confirmed this is just a fake hypo because I have been running so high. You can imagine how I felt yesterday when at one point after eating late due to being busy in work I got to a 5.8 :hungover: - I thought I was gonna pass out!

Pleased to read the fasting numbers are falling but also feel for you with the false hypos. You are having a bit of a rough ride getting this all sorted so take care.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Pleased to read the fasting numbers are falling but also feel for you with the false hypos. You are having a bit of a rough ride getting this all sorted so take care.
Yes, I didn’t realise how long it would take to get numbers down nor how long to get a correct diagnosis!

I’m hoping with the quick acting insulin I can avoid the random spikes I get some days (for example yesterday pre lunch I was 5 and then went to 15!).

Done my first quick acting injection so let’s hope I calculated it correctly!!

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all . I am thrilled at getting a reading of 5.2 after supper at a friends. She's a great friend but doesn't 100% get the low carb thing for me some truly fantastic fig leaf ice cream made with Stevia ........, wow what a taste. .......

...........So having spent some time reading up on grass fed beef and the benefits of Vitamin K2 today its time to visit a local farm and buy some genuine grass fed beef. - I'd been half kidding myself that the supermarket stuff was ok until I drilled down into how they were reared........................ This farm is lovely , they give their animals names and treat them really well you get to meet them in real life before well,...tasting them... Have a great day all

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I concur with @ianpspurs , bang on point as per usual.

the only thing i'd add...( hope you don't think me rude )

is from the avatar, it all seems soft and fluffy.

but what your spirit has shown us is during your posts, is there is Steel & Fire inside that persona.
more perhaps then even you thought...

People..we are a lot tougher inside then we look.

Your roads been tough, but hopefully it's beginning to get paved some of the way.

best wished @SB.25

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I get my beef from local butcher he gets it from local farms.
We have one butcher left in town now. Sadly he says he cant afford to keep organic meat as "theres no demand" - well not enough for him anyhow. For me its not an issue to go out of town a few miles and get raw milk and organic meat....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
agh..relationships..:rolleyes:
soppy stupid spat this morning with the OH..all kissed and made up .
But just before testing..ggrr...FBG 6.1.

So i wanted to post a nice chilled message ala
"Life is not about waiting for the rain to stop,
but learning to dance in the rain.."

then i spotted this on the Missus's faceache page.
happiness and equilibrium restored.

so with a slight adaptation.

planted or buried pic.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post this morning, but it was 7.6 which suits me just fine. Back has had a bit of a setback today, will redouble my efforts with the hot water bottle!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

P
Hope the back issue does not last too long but good news on the fbg front. Quite a few members seem to be having a win some lose some time.