What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.5 this morning. Switched to tee2 meter now, and quite happy with it apart from my phone shouting out my bg result! Ive linked meter and phone via bluetooth so bgs are automatically recorded but I’ve no idea how to turn the booming voice off each time a reading goes accross.

A lovely hotel fry up to look forward to soon, then looking forward to meeting up with @Goonergal for a coffee on my way home through London.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

still looks mild and grey, not that I've ventured out yet ;)

Not going to Mum's today, mr. gee has been ill the last couple of days, he says it's a bad cold but it seems more like a flu-ish bug to me with the other symptoms he has :( he's mostly off his feet and off his food.

Coffee first then a walk for me, it's not raining at the moment :)

Hope your day treats you well :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.5 this morning. Switched to tee2 meter now, and quite happy with it apart from my phone shouting out my bg result! Ive linked meter and phone via bluetooth so bgs are automatically recorded but I’ve no idea how to turn the booming voice off each time a reading goes accross.

A lovely hotel fry up to look forward to soon, then looking forward to meeting up with @Goonergal for a coffee on my way home through London.
Love it! Made me giggle the thought of discreetly taking your bloods and then having it announced. Bit like those talking weight machines used to be in the chemist I’m sure no one got on them! I’ve not got mine linked but maybe @Goonergal can help. I had to put up with the monster noises on mysugr for a few days while I worked out to tu4n off his mad giggling. Enjoy rest of your short break

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all 8.5 this morning and feeling very sick.

Since doing the bolus insulin yesterday I have found that I had a bit of a Sicky feeling like I’m hungry but when food comes I feel so full and can’t eat much - anyone else experienced this when starting quick acting insulin? I may have to post this in another forum as I think a lot of you regulars are type 2s on diet/oral meds only .....

Going for a walk around London today which should be nice :). Will be testing continuously to make sure I don’t hypo! Although after 12,000 steps yesterday I was still a bit high!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning after a bit of a lie in - I woke earlier but enjoyed not rushing but need to get going now though - I’ve played truant in the sunshine for last three days going on long hikes from our home which I loved,felt like being on a much needed holiday, but need to do lots of jobs next few days - better get the coffee bubbling. I may manage to squeeze in a short walk over the fields nearby if I get a few mins - can anyone tell I’m counting my steps?
@geefull hope mrgee gets better soon and that you manage not to get it sounds like a dreadful bug.
Have a good Sunday everyone let’s hope sun comes out a bit.

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks 5.6 on the dice for me, very happy with that after a few days away with the wife and granddaughter at Kingston, Poole and Winchester. Bought some naga chilli flavour pork scratchings on the market at Winchester guaranteed to clear anyones sinus's, I'm going to take them to work on Monday and let the boys have a go at them.
Have a lovely Sunday peeps.

SaladDaze

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 / 92 this morning. Very happy with that as it's the lowest in since the end of last October. Because I hadn't been out at all yesterday I had a session on the static bike and rowing machine not long before bed. Must try that again.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Morning all 8.5 this morning and feeling very sick.

Since doing the bolus insulin yesterday I have found that I had a bit of a Sicky feeling like I’m hungry but when food comes I feel so full and can’t eat much - anyone else experienced this when starting quick acting insulin? I may have to post this in another forum as I think a lot of you regulars are type 2s on diet/oral meds only .....

Going for a walk around London today which should be nice :). Will be testing continuously to make sure I don’t hypo! Although after 12,000 steps yesterday I was still a bit high!
Have you tested for ketones ?