What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great results with weight loss @Chronicle_Cat.
Great bg @Debandez - all that work you’re doing is really making a difference.

4.6 for me this morning which I’m amazed at. Combo of early hour, lots of walking yesterday and new tee2 meter. Can repeat 1 of those 3 things tomorrow but unlikely to repeat all 3

Have stopped my phone rudely announcing my bg results aloud! ( gave phone to youngest person in the room, which is my usual rule, in this case it was daughter’s partner - and she sorted it) hurrah!

Yay!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an exciting start to my week this Monday...waiting for the meter man to come & install the 'smart' meters (between 8-12)...afterwards I get to try the new hoover...can life get anymore exciting:D...I doubt it...coffee and a 5.7 today.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all . Loving the lighter mornings. 5.1 for me today. Possible due to early night or copious alcohol .... anyhow fire on and coffee at hand its on with the day/week....

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@Chronicle_Cat -- Congrats on the additional weight loss -- It's unbelievable how much weight you've lost already.
@Debandez -- Great blood sugar numbers. Really well done. Also very smart of you to put the cream in a plastic bag -- why do I never think of this.
@DJC3 -- Super fasting numbers. What a winner. Hope this new meter will bring lots of low numbers. Glad you got the voice turned off.
@PatsyB -- Hope you are feeling better soon. Please take care.

Blood sugars this morning were 4.7.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all on a pleasant, if a tad windy, Monday morning in the northeast, scores on the doors is..........6 a nice round number, long may it last. I tried a James Martin way of cooking my cabbage and cauliflower yesterday and it was very nice indeed. I cooked it in butter!! Lots of butter and I must say it tasted lovely, always on the look out for new ideas.

Take care everyone.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.

Woke to a 9.6 this morning - not ideal but could be worse.

Day 2 of quick acting insulin commences today. Let’s hope t goes as well as yesterday as I managed to stay 100% in the green on MySugr app!

Have a nice day everyone!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
Took two tubes of blood this morning for my Thriva tests - I’m lucky as I seem to bleed easily from fingers so off to post them off in a few mins bg from same blood letting - why waste! Was 4.7
Have a good day all
@DJC3 when you take your bloods for the test thsecret is to get your arms moving around first and really soaking in water as hot as you can bear for several mins. Wonderful fasting figures for you and pleased your speaking bg meter is silenced!
@Emma_369 well done after weekend away @ziggy_w hope you have good week your figures look good

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post this morning:

Weight loss was small this week: 0.8 lb (.36 kg)

total weight loss: so far 88.99 lbs (40.36 kg - 6 stone 4.99)
I started with a BMI of 48, currently 31.7
Amazing weight loss and enviable fbg. You should take great satisfaction in the success of all your efforts - awesome work:)

Reactions: geefull and dunelm