What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.5 this morning. Switched to tee2 meter now, and quite happy with it apart from my phone shouting out my bg result! Ive linked meter and phone via bluetooth so bgs are automatically recorded but I’ve no idea how to turn the booming voice off each time a reading goes accross.

A lovely hotel fry up to look forward to soon, then looking forward to meeting up with @Goonergal for a coffee on my way home through London.
This made me laugh out loud. Enjoy your coffee in the lovely company.of @Goonergal . I'm at work filling a skip with more rubble. Took my carefully prepared carton of cream out of the bag....It had leaked all over!!!! Black coffee it is then haha.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This made me laugh out loud. Enjoy your coffee in the lovely company.of @Goonergal . I'm at work filling a skip with more rubble. Took my carefully prepared carton of cream out of the bag....It had leaked all over!!!! Black coffee it is then haha.
Hug for the cream spillage into your bag hope you can get it all off it’s smelly when goes off!

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tested for ketones ?
I haven’t tested yet as I have been out today, but I am on my way back so will test then.

Think I may have underestimated the quick acting insulin and walking..... was walking along the Thames and all of a sudden felt a bit odd and was down to 4.4!

As you can imagine this was a large shock to the system...

Reactions: Prem51

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I haven’t tested yet as I have been out today, but I am on my way back so will test then.

Think I may have underestimated the quick acting insulin and walking..... was walking along the Thames and all of a sudden felt a bit odd and was down to 4.4!

After running high you need a gradual decline so your body gets used to being in normal range.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Maybe try walking closer to home 'til you get used to the effect of the insulin? Just a thought ... :)

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe try walking closer to home 'til you get used to the effect of the insulin? Just a thought ... :)
Unfortunately it was already planned to meet with the family and I didn’t want to change in any event. Of course I didn’t know I would be going on quick acting until Thursday just gone....

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

A bit late posting today. Blood sugars this morning were 4.8.

@DJC3 -- Had to laugh about this, but am sure this can get quite annoying very quickly. Hope @Goonergal can help.
@Debandez -- Sorry about the cream spilling in your purse. Hope you can get it out. We once had a car where some spoilt milk had spilled. Don't really want to describe the smell, suffice it to say it was pretty awful and took about a year to dissipate.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love it! Made me giggle the thought of discreetly taking your bloods and then having it announced. Bit like those talking weight machines used to be in the chemist I’m sure no one got on them! I’ve not got mine linked but maybe @Goonergal can help. I had to put up with the monster noises on mysugr for a few days while I worked out to tu4n off his mad giggling. Enjoy rest of your short break

I remember those irritating monster noises too, no idea why they have them, can’t imagine anyone liking them.
Also remember the talking weight machines but never saw anyone get on one.
Still haven’t figured out the booming voice off switch.

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

We had a lovely afternoon walking in the sunshine with coffee breaks either end.
Oh no! To cream spillage! Your bag will stink!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Into plastic carrier bag so no big deal. Canal walks in the sunshine with coffee breaks. Just perfect!!!

Phew! Well done for putting in a carrier first - It happened to me but I didn’t have your foresight, had to chuck the handbag.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 on Saturday morning libre
4.4 this morning libre which I had to finger prick to double check as haven't been that low for months! It came back 4.9 which I'm more than happy with.
Just done a quick scan now and before I go to sleep and 4.9 again! Happy days.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results with weight loss @Chronicle_Cat.
Great bg @Debandez - all that work you’re doing is really making a difference.

4.6 for me this morning which I’m amazed at. Combo of early hour, lots of walking yesterday and new tee2 meter. Can repeat 1 of those 3 things tomorrow but unlikely to repeat all 3

Have stopped my phone rudely announcing my bg results aloud! ( gave phone to youngest person in the room, which is my usual rule, in this case it was daughter’s partner - and she sorted it) hurrah!