What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
TWAM until after swimming lesson - 6.30 to 10.40 - then a soy milk latte with sugar free caramel. 1.20 lunch of very large salad with avocado,egg, tuna steak and mackerel fillets in EVO (leaving the bream:angelic:) . Evening meal at 17.20 was pot roast brisket, portobello mushrooms, celery and celeriac pellets; h/m LC trifle. More food than I think I need and dessert 3 days running is not going to become 4 - that'll do me for sometime.
I have no idea what most of this is but a star rating for mentioning the Tyne and Wear Archives & Museums and that trendy motoring magazine EVO.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still laughing at Tyne and Wear Archives &Museums @dunelm
When are you going to Texas?

Breakfast today was a cheese omelette
Lunch after swimming was the leftover chicken &kale soup from yesterday, then 3 strawberries and cream
Dinner a fresh tuna steak with asparagus and a salad of rocket and avocado with hempseed hearts sprinkled on. 2strawberries and cream.

@Mongolia I made that sauce just now - incredibly I had all the ingredients ( no idea how long the rice wine vinegar has been in the cupboard) I agree it’s lovely, I ate a fair bit while decanting it to a jar for the fridge!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

Yesterday:
B: nowt
L: nowt
D: huge bunless burger, half a dozen chips and some excellentcompany and conversation

Today:
B: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0764HZQ9L/
Surprisingly palatable, but felt v floppy all day. Suspect a food intolerance somewhere. They were for Mr B, and he loved them, so next time I will let him eat then all!
L: chicken breast baked with cheese and bacon.
Still feeling floppy.
D: homemade cheesy mince.
Still feeling floppy.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast : boiled eggs x 2 but no dippy soldiers.
Lunch : Chunk of Brie cheese, ham slice and a small bar of 85% chocolate. 200 ml glass of milk.
Dinner : Left over spaghetti bol meat with broccoli rice and shredded cheese. One slice of Burgen bread with liver pate. Bowl of Greek yoghourt and stewed rhubarb.

Tea.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Late Breakfast after early morning gym and swim - bacon and egg
Intended to miss Lunch but got hungry again so early pm had a small tin sardines in olive oil and a couple of lc seeded crispbreads
Dinner 2 lamb chops with cauliflower cheese followed by sf jelly and spoonful of double cream and yoghurt.
I definitely get hungry after swimming! I can do lots of swimming powered by coffee and cream but hunger kicks in later!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
11EF4797-9CC9-4A40-8DE5-355D57A45B90.jpeg
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: tuna melts with roasted Mediterranean vegetables followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Oh lord @dunelm sorry we’re so difficult over here! But as I’m sure you know, Texas will make you feel very welcome!
Snap @ianpspurs and @DJC3 I’m having tuna steak and baby bellas for supper!
@Brunneria I know exactly what you mean about feeling floppy- hope you’re revived by tomorrow!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 32050 Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: tuna melts with roasted Mediterranean vegetables followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
That looks good. Tuna melts?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh lord @dunelm sorry we’re so difficult over here! But as I’m sure you know, Texas will make you feel very welcome!
@Brunneria I know exactly what you mean about feeling floppy- hope you’re revived by tomorrow!
Texas? I have been there 4 or 5 times. Houston. :D

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I definitely get hungry after swimming! I can do lots of swimming powered by coffee and cream but hunger kicks in later!

I went swimming this morning too and found exactly the same - I was ravenous afterwards. Could barely wait to heat my soup up, and had to have a double dollop of cream with my pud.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it considered lucky to get a double yolker or is it just me who feels really happy when that happens?
No, I do too. 5 out of 6 of the eggs in that box were double yolk. I get them in Tesco. They're Scottish extra large and there seems to be an incredible number of double yolks in them. So much so that I buy other eggs if I'm going to be baking. I actually get quite disappointed if it's not a double yolk.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, I do too. 5 out of 6 of the eggs in that box were double yolk. I get them in Tesco. They're Scottish extra large and there seems to be an incredible number of double yolks in them. So much so that I buy other eggs if I'm going to be baking. I actually get quite disappointed if it's not a double yolk.

I shall look out for them, but have a feeling they might only be available in Scotland. I don’t think Ive seen them here.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It sounds silly but I've stopped watching the news because of the constant and unrelenting Brexit news reporting. On the odd occasions that Mr C has turned it on its been like Groundhog Day with the same things being said by the same people and all coming to the same conclusions.

Today's food

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Not hungry... I did go for a rummage in the biggest freezer to try to find something that might persuade me that eating is a good idea and am now defrosting some chicken wings

Drinks: About 3 litres of water - no coffee
Got to agree on the TV. Hubby has to turn it over before I start throwing things at it. Goodness knows how this will end but I honestly believe the MPs have taken leave of their senses (and I include ALL of them in that).

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Bacon and cheese sandwiches.
Dinner: Mutton fore quarter chops, and veggies, brown onion gravy.
Breakfast: My favourite meal of the day, mushroom and cheese omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.
Dwe01us.gif

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water.

Just got my invoice for my HB low carb bread, should be delivered this morning.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:) as good as. Lol.
When we first met I was tutoring in a university, which is an even worse plague pit than a primary school. Fresher’s Flu, anyone? *shudder*
So we learned to initiate Plague Protocols - with great success.
Basically, the sick person stays out of the kitchen (even the fridge and kettle), and doesn’t touch the healthy person’s cutlery or crockery. Bathroom hygeine is increased, including door handle and taps.

And generally, we don’t swap germs. Which is great.
The only thing that has sneaked through (and caused us both to catch the bug)in a looooong time, was the Flu this last xmas.

So far, I am clear of this one. Phew!
And I thought nothing was worse than the germ ridden infestations of pre school and primary. Bugs & Beasties!

Reactions: dunelm

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time we arrived in the USA was LA after a very long flight from Fiji where I had a "person" in front (sorry he was American) who put his seat all the way back and kept it there for the duration of the flight almost cutting off my circulation. I only got peace when they came with food and I complained bitterly to the flight crew because he still wouldn't put his seat up. I resorted to childish behaviour kneeing the back of his seat which started him off so I pointed out I had to exercise to avoid DVT - GET over it! Immigration in LA was a nightmare, we'd arrived before we left with the dateline and it almost put me off setting foot in the USA ever again. We did and have to admit we met the most wonderful people in DC and New York. Even immigration in DC was wonderful.