What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Crikey... it's 0300 and 6.2
Bad dreams and bad memories do not make good company, drink of hot cocoa and cream should do it ;)

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.6 this morning at 6 am

I blame the rise on the stressful day yesterday fighting the app I need to control the new cochlear speech processor I have. I ate rather too much chocolate and nibbles trying to get me through battling it.

The app crashes once or twice a day, resulting in my phone also crashing. Then when I start phone up again, I have to reset the settings for volume control again, because either app crashing and/or phone crashing because of this, has put the volume control back to default setting of having that yellow bit on the higher end of volume saying you are going to hurt your hearing. And the consequences of this is that the app says it cannot find my processor and tells me to attach it to magnet in my head...I feel my head again...yes it is there...my head and the speech processor. Another performance of me breaking the processor into two (yes I can do this) and reconnecting so that Bluetooth has to find it again....etc...sign into Cochlear again, enable permissions again...

Then suddenly something is up. My phone asks me if I want to pair with Jayne's watch....

Who the heck is Jayne? I am in my potting shed in the garden. no one on the roof of the potting shed...no one hiding in my garden...

Then my phone tells me it is attempting to pair my processor with another device...

What device? I only have my iPhone on. Every other device I have Bluetooth off, airplane mode on, and is shut down. By this time I have every device I own in a Faraday Cage...apart from this phone.

But phone still says on screen it is attempting to pair my processor to another device. Where? Whose device?

Then it tells me my processor cannot be connected to my phone at all in the Apple settings. This means I cannot even stream sound or music from my iPhone. The processor has to be found by Apple settings for me to be able to use Bluetooth.

By this time I am in real tears. Two hours I try. Nothing doing...

I am eating too much chocolate by now. In my defence it is the 100% black chocolate, so it shouldn't upset my diabetes too much...should it?

I have been trying my best to outwit an essential app I need which keeps divorcing itself from my Cochlear speech processor. I need the app to run and adjust it etc.

Finally I looked on reviews for both iPhone version of app and Android version of app, in general the reviews are appalling with just about every user complaining to the developers of exactly the same problems as I am encountering.

The standard response of the developers is what? “We are very sorry. Contact Cochlear...”

The Android app was first started a year ago, and those complaints have been there from the start. The iPhone app was started July 2018, and exactly the same complaints there from the start. So nothing has changed in a year.

So I clicked on the Cochlear link the developers gave. And am greeted with a photo of a distinguished looking gentleman standing in an airport terminal, with the same model of speech processor as myself, and the words were something on the lines of ...”So easy to control and adjust from your iPhone...” and more amazing promotional rubbish. He is holding his iPhone adjusting his settings....

(...would you like to insert in these brackets every word you might think I might've used....)

Finally I signed out of the app to get some peace. But this means I have to go through a rigamarole to sign in, pair etc etc all over again...

An email is being written to send to all parties Cochlear, Apple, hospital, and anyone else I can think of...

Technology is off my list today Sunday and Monday. I will enter the technological affray on Tuesday...

Have a great day, or extra long weekend if you live in the U.K. May the weather be good for you.

>^..^<

Postscript: Just tagged you @zauberflote in case I said a bit more here than I explained earlier to you. Hope that is okay.
How utterly frustrating! I don't blame you for hitting the chocolate! I think I would be hitting the bottle!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so behind on the thread, busy time for me. Putting house on the market and painting at the mo from top to bottom. Such a nice day yesterday me n hubby did all fencing (100 ft garden and surrounded by the blighters!). Today is bank holiday so no doubt it will rain but we can carry on inside if that's the case. Used to working around bad weather in the UK! Especially over bank hols! Anyway, doing the fences was definitely a win win as its saved me the expense of a spray tan. I'm now a lovely shade of medium oak. I tend to get more on me than what I'm painting!

Yesterdays reading 5.3. Not done today's yet as only 4am. Woke up as son has just come rolling in from a lads night out. His version of trying to be quiet and mine are at opposite ends of the spectrum!

Enjoying the banter on this thread. Very funny. Happy bank holiday Monday to all. Hope the sun shines wherever in the world you are.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to get really bad reactions to pollen (I have asthma and copd) and then my chemist recommended a salt pipe. I spoke to my doctor about it first and he wasn't averse to giving it a go. End result, I don't have pollen allergies anymore. Yes I have my asthma/copd but my yearly tests are positive. Might be worth at look at, all the best.

Edit to add -
I used to take 180mg fenofexadine, a prescription only antihistamine, to try to ease the hayfever. I no longer have to take it.

Nice tip @HarrisonK
Good reviews too.
Have got nephew with COPD, will mention to him.
Also good for me, if symptoms return.
(No pollen, just dust mite allergies)
Missus gets the hay fever, so might be useful for her as an added ''weapon' against the invisible enemy.

Many thanks

DomPirate

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
10.1 this morning, recovering from surgery, so exercise regime’s gone.
Aching to relaunch myself onto country paths, over country styles.
A while yet, but a good carrot to dangle, aid & abet my recovery.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a little lie in this bank holiday morning. (Up at 6.30 instead of 5.45) My aim today is to do as little as possible except for the jigsaw I started last night. Really need to finish that as I can't eat at the table until I do.
Have a good day

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thank you.
I will be doing what I can about this next week...
I am just sitting in my potting shed and garden today, and tomorrow, not doing much of anything...but listening to Hildegard Von Bingen - Voices of Angels...it allows me to be still and in contemplation...which I need at the moment....

>^..^<
I love Hildegard Von Bingen sung by Anonymous 4 in fact I listened to them last night via my Echo helps me drop off to sleep.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...on a freezing bank holiday Monday...our little fete today which includes a dog show...Harry will be spruced up and is taking part...he's entered in the 'most handsome' & the best 'eyes' category I expect him to wipe the board with the other contestants (hopefully not literally)...watch this space Crufts:D...in anticipation of his success stress levels rising...woke to a 6.4

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning...on a freezing bank holiday Monday...our little fete today which includes a dog show...Harry will be spruced up and is taking part...he's entered in the 'most handsome' & the best 'eyes' category I expect him to wipe the board with the other contestants (hopefully not literally)...watch this space Crufts:D...in anticipation of his success stress levels rising...woke to a 6.4
That's winner times two one for you and one for Harry.:)

Reactions: ianpspurs

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.2 on this cold and frosty ! You know British weather has absolutely no sense of occasion.

@gennepher I can but sympathise with the wonderment of technology. Im sure you can teach the interminable thing several new words and phrases once it starts to behave!

Have a lovely if not rather chilly day one and all

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 on this cold and frosty ! You know British weather has absolutely no sense of occasion.

@gennepher I can but sympathise with the wonderment of technology. Im sure you can teach the interminable thing several new words and phrases once it starts to behave!

Have a lovely if not rather chilly day one and all

I think it might be quaking in fear of me at the moment...

Have a good day. The temperature did really drop in the night...

>^..^<

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My peak flow readings had been declining over five years, for the last two they have remained constant. I got my salt pipe from Boots but Amazon have them to, here's a link
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cisca-Easy-Saltpipe-Therapy-Inhaler/dp/B00H6WGV5I

They sound great and they even have salt rooms in America I believe but one draw back is that inhaling salt solutions it seems can sometimes cause restriction of the airway so should be used with caution if you have Asthma as do I. I still may give it a go though as I also get hay fever every year but cannot take antihistamines

In fact may get daughter to try it as she is actually allergic to antihistamine which can make things a bit awkward.

Reactions: UserABC2021

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to make a bathroom dash at 5am so checked fbg then and it was 9.8 but I usually meditate an hour or so when I wake up and do gentle bed exercises before I do the fbg.

A couple of hours later after doing meditation and exercise I am 8.4.

So is my true fbg 8.4? Because I haven’t eaten or drunk anything yet?

It’s now just gone 8 am and I have had one black coffee, and now a coffee with cream and cinnamon sprinkled on it (delicious!), and I am having my morning chocolate. I always start the day with a few cubes chocolate...a must in my mind....mmmmmm...sucking the chocolate slowly...its delicious flavours permeating my mouth....

Have a good day. But it is somewhat chilly and icy. Cat is burrowing into me. He says it is too cold. He is 26 years old, and very fit for his age. And he will be 27 years old at the end of this month of May.

>^..^< =^••^=

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - We have a beautiful weeping silver birch in our front garden. I have to brush past it to get to my car - although I am very allergic to it we couldn't cut it down as it is such a lovely tree. Your willow tree sounds lovely.
They are beautiful trees aren’t they.
When I have a bigger garden I will grow more willow trees!!!
>^..^<