Not open for further replies.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Just as a side line from the meat and dairy issue, I was under the impression it is already forbidden to use peat for compost to preserve our delicate peat moors. Certainly all the compost sold in all the garden centres I frequent (a lot) is peat free. Or so it says on the sacks, and has been for a long time.

My plan would be to stop all imports of meat and dairy. Then our farmers would have no need to export any. There would be enough to go round the UK, and money could be used to make the husbandry more animal friendly and sustainable.

I can't imagine what our fields would look like in my neck of the woods. The land is not at all suitable for arable farming. We just have a lot of sheep and cows. Whatever would they do with it? Oh silly question .......build more new houses.
We need an injection of common sense like this. I have already collated all of the farmers and dairy addresses in my local area. My wife and I have are hosting a parish meeting next month. We are going to try to have most of the 600 plus families buy local and try Keto with online assistance etc.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
well yes you are right about many women being almost raped to pregnancy in many male-psychopathic societies, even when they want no more children..., I think a way to help would be paying the women a lot of money for having a sterilization after the birth of their third child , of cause in the poorest parts of the world , so that they have money for their childrens schools and for medical help and so on
Try getting a sterilisation when you’re of child bearing age... it’s incredibly difficult to get a surgeon to agree to it, even if you’ve finished having children and have a condition like T1, which uncontrolled can cause huge problems for both mother and child. They actually asked my husband for permission when I requested one :mad::banghead:

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One thing that is overlooked by the eat less meat, eat more nuts, tofu etc, is the environmental cost of the production of these products. The destruction of the rain forests in South America, where almost half the world’s soya is grown is conveniently forgotten. Not to mention the cost of transportation over thousands of miles.
The majority of the meat (grass fed) I eat comes from a farm I can see from my kitchen window, about four miles away. It is also on a hillside and so would be unlikely to be suitable for the growing of crops.
To brand meat eating as unsustainable is I think wide of the mark when the full costs of the industrial production of the alternatives is added up.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It is on ITV News at ten, watching with interest.
Did you see how small the agriculture sector was in relation to everything else. If it were a slice of cake it would be a sliver not worth having. I feel there are all sorts of arguments about human rights. Is the Government entitled to raise my blood sugar without proving the case against meat and dairy first, or am I entitled to using these items as medicine. I tried oats, high gi fruit and fruit juice.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
One thing that is overlooked by the eat less meat, eat more nuts, tofu etc, is the environmental cost of the production of these products. The destruction of the rain forests in South America, where almost half the world’s soya is grown is conveniently forgotten. Not to mention the cost of transportation over thousands of miles.
The majority of the meat (grass fed) I eat comes from a farm I can see from my kitchen window, about four miles away. It is also on a hillside and so would be unlikely to be suitable for the growing of crops.
To brand meat eating as unsustainable is I think wide of the mark when the full costs of the industrial production of the alternatives is added up.
Perfect point, gone over in detail by alternative "experts" with the same credentials as the ones relied on for the decisions to be made. The HPO Podcasts numbers 75, 77, 85 and 112 present some real world facts on the matter outside of the cowspiracy education.

Reactions: Caeseji

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Last edited:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It wasn't hat long ago that Britain was "Meat and 2 Veg", those over 50 years of age who either have grand parents still with us, or maybe even parents would have stories of dripping / lard etc. Britain's out going Prime Minister is a Type 1 diabetic, so I think it is reasonable to assume that such a learned person knows most of the arguments around dietary choices (she definitely wears a Libre); yet she was proud to potentially sell out the meat and dairy industry just like that. Politics I feel will ultimately dictate what will happen, as the changes have found traction under the cloak of climate change, having softened up the general public with the "bad" news around red meat, eggs etc. In the UK right now almost every other food advert is for the protocol that the fake stuff will come in on the back of. Slightly off topic, but even watching the Women's world cup of football, the major sponsor is a well known fizzy drink maker (London 2012 Olympics had a famous fast food chain also) - everything is going backwards.
Look at page 2 of the report I linked to above, It lists about half of the sponsors of Eat Lancet who are responsible for this desdly rubbish about diet to save the world. Of the 39 renowned scientists authoring it, 38 are known vegan activists.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hear the Guardian is in bed with one of the creators of EAT.

Edited to add.

I have been searching for the fellow's name but I am struggling, if any other member know his name I would appreciate the info.
Walter Willett ?

Professor of Epidemiology and Nutrition at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.

https://eatforum.org/lancet-commissioner/walter-willett/

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Look at page 2 of the report I linked to above, It lists about half of the sponsors of Eat Lancet who are responsible for this desdly rubbish about diet to save the world. Of the 39 renowned scientists authoring it, 38 are known vegan activists.

People don't read anymore. Too dumb and believe all they're told. Email them and invite them to a meat only BBQ.

M

Member496333

A noble endeavour. Sadly I’m increasingly starting to believe it’s a lost cause. I think we may be at the tipping point where we begin wiping out civilisation as we currently known it. Hyperbole? Maybe, but money talks, and the people behind all of this have lots of it. I think the best I can hope for is that real animal food is still available and affordable for the remainder of my own lifetime. If not, I’ll have to come up with an alternative plan, because a plant based diet will kill me in short order. I simply will not eat it.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This is the problem. It would be easier to swallow if the "facts" were true. The ironic thing for Britain is that with Brexit happening and the movement for less air miles, supporting local farmers via traditional methods could work.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A noble endeavour. Sadly I’m increasingly starting to believe it’s a lost cause. I think we may be at the tipping point where we begin wiping out civilisation as we currently known it. Hyperbole? Maybe, but money talks, and the people behind all of this have lots of it. I think the best I can hope for is that real animal food is still available and affordable for the remainder of my own lifetime. If not, I’ll have to come up with an alternative plan, because a plant based diet will kill me in short order. I simply will not eat it.
I have a little faith left in British justice, if there is a legal loophole as a last resort I will find it - several of my clients are prominent law firms, and my brother is a lawyer also, so there may be something similar to a judicial review. I "we" have not been asked if we want this aspect of the change. There ought to be a way to challenge just this agriculture aspect; obviously I would not be doing this myself, the strategy would be to get a foot in the door to allow the likes of Zoe Harcombe (who is on good terms with the farmer hierarchies) to present the facts and two fold to ensure the ordinary man and woman understand the massive implications for them and theirs. The second part I feel is the most powerful, once people understand as an overview what our Government are doing without consent.

M

Member496333

Jimmy Moore was ranting about this recently, and rightly pointed out than when the health of nations deteriorates even further than has been the case with the low-fat mantra, it will just be blamed (again) on non-compliance to the guidelines.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Fewer passenger air miles = less tourism = economies slow. Compromised air cargo schedules = massive hit on stock and airmail posts. That's only lightly scraping the surface !! Nobody could be that stupid

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

That's how you change things, ranting in the streets "meat is murder" never worked.... so you get people of the same frame of mind onto boards, political positions and various other positions of influence to further the cause, no matter how radical or insane it is.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
One ray of hope is the WHO has decided not to sponsor EAT-Lancet. But of course we know that a big behind the scenes backer is Big Whole Grains. It is they who will prosper.

Status
Not open for further replies.