What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
The deluge has calmed; or is it calm before the storm and then the storm has abated, or subsided or just plain old stopped. Anyhow, not the worst I have witnessed but a pair of geese were waddling down the road this morning wearing snorkels and flippers - reminds me of how geese had their feet tarred to march off to the goose fairs (no - just knowledge, not something I witnessed in times of yore).

Anyhow, I was left unsupervised yesterday evening, Mrs Miggins and her sister off to the theatre to see a production of The King And I. In the fridge I spied a couple of saucisses de Toulouse and in a flash, chimp jumped out of it’s box and shouted; “oh, yum yum, these just must go into a chunk of baguette that Mrs Miggins has lounging in a bread sac in the depths of the cupboard. And, all star struck and gullible, and without a by your leave, and before I could react, your honour, and in my defence I was unsupervised.....
Can you remember that programme called 77 Sunset Strip - the wheel of ancient knowledge and black and white TV programmes can and even issued forth those very same numbers, albeit with a small dot to separate them.

Teaching point: bread is still not good.

So, have a great day if you can:
Big hugs @dogslife to you and yours in this distressing time.
@Bildad - glad your mum is on the mend. Hope the migraine calms and that your blood results are all you wish them to be - commiserations to your bins for not being part of International Bin Day.
@ianpspurs - hope the bill for the dental work is not as great as the physical discomfort caused by the tooth itself.

EDIT: It’s raining - again.
Thank you, dunelm.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Just so you know I strongly suspect its Bin Day in Fowey, black ones with orange lids, marine blue with black lids and one very pretty pale pink with a white lid (on closer inspection it was once red but may have been faded by the sun, not this year obs). If I got it wrong and its not collection day then its defo Rearrange the bins day. Just glad I didnt miss it! Off to Polperro in a minute, we were intending to go by boat but there is a heavy drizzle and bad visibility so going by car instead.
We have fond memories of Polperro, PM. My father in law nicknamed it Pol'parrot. Enjoy. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...in one of those cant be bothered moods today...couldn't be bothered to make fresh coffee so had instant ...couldn't be bothered to make breakfast...can't be bothered to open the curtains I know what's there (rain)… forced myself to test woke to a 6.1

If only they could ...

1_-_Olatz_and_Frank__TakeTheLead.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, we lost a pear tree to the storms so I have clear that up. Luckily it missed everything in its fall so it will just be a chainsaw job. Shame though as it was a lovely tree and the pears had just started forming.

I'm sorry to hear about the tree. I rented a room one year, there was a pear tree right outside my window. So lovely.

Outside my window here is a huge dead tree. Two years now and they have not felled it. It's bitter irony that this poor tree is still standing while your lovely fruitful tree was lost to the storm. Hugs.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.4 for me today after probably the last moules in Cornwall. Going on the ferry to Polruan today for a bit of a walk on that side and back again to Fowey. We havent been back to Fowey in 23 years but nothing has changed other than a few extra houses on the way in. Its very pretty.

[USER=468536]@DJC3
have a safe drive to Plymouth and enjoy being back in your old stomping ground. Did you and Mr C meet there?
Have a great day everyone. Stay well, stay safe[/USER]

Those moules are really agreeing with you!
Hope you have better weather than we did when we crossed on the ferry all those years ago - returning to Polruan from Fowey after a meal out, a real pea souper fog had descended and the ferry was cancelled, we found a chap with a small outboard motor who agreed to take us back but he got lost and we nearly ended up going out to sea.

Yes we did meet in Plymouth. Just got back, my how it’s changed!

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just in from an interesting chat with practice nurse.
Her: the Dapagliflozin has worked too well we are worried your BG is too low so we are going to halve the dose.
Me: I doubt it is the meds I would think it is the change to a Low carb diet
Her: What do you eat?
I explained what I had been eating and how much I had lost and all the other health benefits I had found and she asked if I had made it up myself!! I pointed her here and to DD website. She was amazed at the drop in BG in 3 months 78 to 38
I have got to take half strength Dapa for 3 months and then have another HbA1c. I didn't have the heart to tell her I stopped taking them about a month ago! Hopefully it will not rise too much over the next 3 months without the meds.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Results from HbA1c today were 61 and I was told that was good, especially as it was 89 just 6 months ago. I don’t really know what that means. From reading here, it seems it could be lower, but I was told today that was a good number...

>^..^<

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a very romantic tale about you and OH getting back from Polruan. We changed our plans and decided to go to Polperro this morning. Would have loved to have gone on the boat but the weather didnt allow that so we went by car. Had a lovely couple of hours there though the rain was hammering down. We found the old cottage we stayed in 25 years ago but were sad it has fallen into disrepair. Visited the rustic pub on the rocky outcrop for old times sake and then cut the journey back to Fowey by taking the car ferry from Brodinnock. When we returned it was dry and the weather at base camp had been better.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Results from HbA1c today were 61 and I was told that was good, especially as it was 89 just 6 months ago. I don’t really know what that means. From reading here, it seems it could be lower, but I was told today that was a good number...

>^..^<
Great number @gennepher In 6 months you have reduced it by 1/3 so fantastic progress especially with water/sewage and cochlear implant issues. We could probably all be lower but put in context a stellar effort.