What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw that there was a breakfast/fasting chat, started by ? HarrisonK ??, but I haven’t been able to find it again. Can you give me a hint where to look? I obviously didn’t put the right words into the search button.
Dad has loads of rhubarb but my bg levels have gone up since I’ve been here, so I’m a bit wary of eating anything different.

I’m glad to see that @shelley262 has given you a link to the thread - I only use the app and I’ve never been able to figure out how to copy links in it.
I think stress levels and general travelling make a difference too like the others have mentioned. Hope your bg levels settle soon

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food eaten today

Eggs and cheese thrown in microwave

Some dark chocolate and cwc

Frozen fruit berries with dash sherry and cream

Some more dark chocolate and cwc

Button mushrooms, cheese, and ham cooked in microwave

Cups tea with dash of cream

Water with lemon juice/salt/lemon juice

Finished this lot by 3pm....started at 9am...

>^..^<

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've added a cup/mug quiche to CMT. It's a simple, one person, microwave, crustless quiche. Inspiration was an Australian web site but I've amended it so it is lower carb and less dense!
If you're not on the CMT circle here's the ingredients and method.
2 medium eggs separated
50g cooked broccoli roughly chopped
30g sliced ham chopped into smaller bits
1 spring onion thinly chopped
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 tablespoon Grated cheddar plus a little extra to sprinkle
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 cherry tomato sliced
Seasoning

1. Whisk egg whites into stiff peaks.

2. Beat the yolks in a separate bowl then add broccoli, ham, spring onion, parmesan, cheddar and parsley. Mix and season.

3. Fold in the egg whites carefully then transfer to the cup/mug.

4. Put the sliced cherry tomato on top then sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.

5. Cook in the microwave for 2 mins 30sec. If your micro is 1000w you can probably drop to 2

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've added a cup/mug quiche to CMT. It's a simple, one person, microwave, crustless quiche. Inspiration was an Australian web site but I've amended it so it is lower carb and less dense!
If you're not on the CMT circle here's the ingredients and method.
2 medium eggs separated
50g cooked broccoli roughly chopped
30g sliced ham chopped into smaller bits
1 spring onion thinly chopped
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 tablespoon Grated cheddar plus a little extra to sprinkle
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 cherry tomato sliced
Seasoning

1. Whisk egg whites into stiff peaks.

2. Beat the yolks in a separate bowl then add broccoli, ham, spring onion, parmesan, cheddar and parsley. Mix and season.

3. Fold in the egg whites carefully then transfer to the cup/mug.

4. Put the sliced cherry tomato on top then sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.

5. Cook in the microwave for 2 mins 30sec. If your micro is 1000w you can probably drop to 2
Gosh thanks so much that sounds great and adaptable and quick. I am not on CMT so thanks for the detail.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Two meals today as woke quite late - clearly catching up
Brunch streaky bacon and egg
Dinner ham, mushroom and cheese omelette with small green salad followed by home grown cooked rhubarb (slow cooked with ginger and lemon) with yoghurt will have decaf coffee with a couple of squares of 100% choc in a short while.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
361A2CC7-2EEA-47B4-BACC-4D06FC90EA77.jpeg
I'm back after being AWOL for a while. We have had a lovely birthday week (our birthdays are 5 days apart), including a few days in North Wales. Back with a bump today, as Mr B had his Eye Hospital appointment, but all was well this time. Injection in the left eye today which is still improving, but the decision to leave the right until 4 weeks time.

It's been a bit of a disjointed day food wise due to the hospital appointment (chia pudding for breakfast, babybel, nuts etc for lunch, LC cake and CWC for dinner!). I just wanted to share this, which was made for Mr B's birthday yesterday. Tiramisu cake....a hybrid of a couple of recipes. It was lovely and slices really well! Just hope it freezes ok.

Now to try and catch up on what's going on with everyone else's post!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sleeping late and 2 meals seems to be the theme today. B= tea then CWC; NE1 @ 14.00 was fluffy omelette - 3 of our eggs, mushrooms and cheese (100 gms) with 1 tblsp of reduced salt and sugar tommyK. NE2 @ 18.40 ish was salad with 2 chicken legs. Double the protein compared to average and slightly more cals (still negative ) within an lc framework. Need to avoid snap judgement on this if it raises weight or doesn't immediately give more energy. @BibaBee happy birthday to both yourself and Mr B - June is when the best people have their birthday. Cake looks a triumph I am sure it was well received by all who sampled it.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As MrB plsyed golf today, I was in the hot seat for dinner. Needless to say I kept it somple. I blame the simplicity on the need to be pretty flexible on eating times, because MrB is always hungry after golf, bearing in mind he's had exercise and missed lunch.

This evening I made this: https://twosleevers.com/carne-guisada/ Today, as it was the first time I'd made it, I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I'd tweak it abit, but it was cerainly very tasty indeed. Next time, whilst not Mexican, there'll some cream or more likely sour cream go in just before serving, to up the calories.

It's a keeper, but so many of Urvashi's recipes are.

If you don't have an instant pot, or pressure cooker, it'd do extremely well by slow cooker, I think.

Viv19

I’m glad to see that @shelley262 has given you a link to the thread - I only use the app and I’ve never been able to figure out how to copy links in it.
I think stress levels and general travelling make a difference too like the others have mentioned. Hope your bg levels settle soon

Thanks DJC3. It’s very aggravating when it goes up when I haven’t expected it.

No breakfast Tea
Cwc
Lunch was korma curry sauce with left over roast lamb plus sliced mushrooms and spinach with cauli rice. I must admit to half a tspn of mango chutney. ;)
Berries and Greek yoghurt
Pm nuts and tea
Evening celery sticks, 1 slice LC bread, cheddar cheese cubes and some humus.
G & T - Schweppes slimline tonic is much better!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very envious of the late sleepers today, sleeping on a hard sofa in a room with a nearly toilet trained pup is not a recipe for a lie in.
@Viv19 glad you found a slimline tonic you like. Schweppes was always my favourite.
@DCUKMod Urvashi’s Carne guisada is a favourite in our house too
@BibaBee the cake looks amazing happy birthday to you both. I’m so glad Mr Bs eye appointment went ok today.
Didn’t get round to breakfast again, apart from CWC in fact it’ll be an OMAD day - very unusual for me.
Lunch was a tin of mackerel in oo with avocado, leaves and walnuts. A slice of cheddar afterwards.
Went to yoga this evening as I’m back up in this area, I’ve missed it a lot and can’t find the same sort of class in Cornwall. I can’t eat beforehand and it’s too late now, so perhaps a DCWC

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Break: 2 eggs scrambled with Philly.
Decaf tea with dash of cream.
Lunch: Hard boiled Egg - Bouillon cube with Butter. Egg needed eating and couldn't be bothered to do much else, I also like bouillon and butter.
Cup of weak decaf coffee with tsp cream.
Supper: 3oz Pork (leftovers again) with avocado and spinach salad. Followed by a teaspoonful of heavy cream.
Cup of weak decaf tea with dash cream.
Cup of weak black decaf coffee.

I really need to find something more appetizing. Might have fish tomorrow.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @DJC3 and @ianpspurs for the birthday well wishes. The cake went down very well indeed. Just a relief to get through our birthdays with no health crisis this year.

@DJC3 I'm dying to see photos of your new pup...I'll have to check out you other posts.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Another one returning to the fold here.

@Chook and @BibaBee good to see you posting again and happy belated birthday bibabee.

@shelley262 sorry to hear about the knee - hope it soon recovers and that your mum is ok.

@DJC3 Dennis is adorable and sleeping in is definitely overrated ;)

The weekend was a long one involving 80th Birthday celebrations for my dad and detailed logistics to get him from a - b now that he’s far less mobile. Lots of taxis involved.

Saturday’s food was lunch of a very average T-bone steak with butter and a side of grilled halloumi. Dinner was a couple of bits of the delicious Lidl cheddar with butter.

Sunday - Dad’s Birthday and Father’s Day all in one. Began with breakfast of chocolate olive oil cake and cream followed by a couple of home made chocolates with Brazil nuts. Dinner at a restaurant local to me. Never been before but will definitely be back - simple, real food cooked well and excellent service. Had a bunless burger with added cheese, bacon and 2 fried eggs. They had double cream so had some of that in my tea before tucking in to some more cake and cream when I got home.

Back to work today. Lunch was 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers bacon and some grated cheese. Dinner was a bunless double cheeseburger with bacon, onion and mayonnaise at Shake Shack followed by some Hotel Chocolat 100% egg with cream. A small piece of Lidl cheddar after Pilates.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.7 FBG 6.6. Well once again this was supposed to be my "freedom from school pickup" day and once again it wasn't. At least they were just going home. Mum was lucky I got back in time as we went on the annual mass purchasing of plants to brighten the borders and it isn't a quick trip. Still Dobbies had 20% off everything so Hubby kindly bought me a new casual jacket. SIL & BIL are on their way from Australia to Dubai on the first leg of their journey. No 2 was a grump this afternoon as they were cutting the grass on the playing fields so his eyes flared up.
Fingers crossed it's dry tomorrow to get planting underway.
B. TAG with ADOC. School run then Aqua so no time to eat.
L. Off to Dobbies then with the unexpected school pick up a very late slice of GF black pudding and a fried egg (double yolk again).
D. Rack of pork ribs with the dry chimichurri rub, lettuce, 3 mini tomatoes, cucumber, 1/2 avocado, 1 beetroot and helmans.
2 bits Lindt 90%.
Happy birthdays @BibaBee and so glad Mr B's eyesight is improving again.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On my holibobs for a week so routine will be different with a fair bit of winging it!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: 2 x dark chocolate Brazil’s with black coffee.
Late Lunch: rollitos and ham with leafy salad, cucumber and two cherry tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt and coconut.
Dinner: takeaway of crispy duck, two small pancakes, cucumber and spring onion with a smudge of sauce, followed by a CCB and cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox have a lovely holiday, looking forward to reading your winging it choices.
@Goonergal is the Lidl cheese the Castillo Devonshire extra mature Tickler? I went in there the other day but there were so many cheeses and I couldn’t remember which it was.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• 768CF3B8-35A2-45C9-9AE0-95B2C28AC0E9.jpeg
    768CF3B8-35A2-45C9-9AE0-95B2C28AC0E9.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 309