What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A day of carbs, and not. :D

B: 1 small pancake (3 inches), bacon and scram egg. The other 3 pancakes migrated to Mr B’s plate, in return for bacon.
L: cheeseboard and butter, with 1 of the 7(!!!) oakcakes that came with the platter. Followed by the most utterly fabulous low carb gluten free almond and clementine cake. Mr B ordered it from the look of it, not knowing it was LC or GF. I tasted it and ordred a slice for myself. Then MIL tasted it, and ordered one herself. Utterly gorgeous.
D: lemon/lime chicken, with added butter.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Food today-
CWC until around 12:30
L: tin of salmon, leaves, oo/acv dressing and grated Parmesan. Then choc chia pud which daughter made last night to take to work for her lunch, but she forgot it!
D: around 16:30 mushroom and cheese omelette followed by a handful of nuts.
Out to meet friends - Pret DCWC
Popped into Sainsbury’s on the way back to buy Montezuma’s - I’ve been getting chocolate cravings recently - had about 10g of it. Happy now.
@ianpspurs and @PenguinMum how did the house viewings go today?
@Chook I can’t believe your garden table &chairs set has a spot of rust before you’ve even used them - that’s really irritating.
Viewings went well. Agent seems to think both may make offers but we shall see. Believing estate agents is a mugs game. Problem could be finding somewhere (realistic) I might want to live in Suffolk.

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays food after later start as follows
Breakfast: usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea.
Lunch: Small plate of leaves, cucumber, 1 tom, 1 small avocado, cheese coleslaw.
Lots of tea with my friend mid aft.
Supper: 3 egg spinach omelette, 4 squares Lindt 90.
@DJC3 2 viewings were negative, 1 will rhink about it! Thanks for asking but I really have no idea why people turn up.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Birthday @ianpspurs! Like you said, all the best people have birthdays in June! For the avoidance of doubt, the hug was to commiserate sharing your birthday with Bojo! Autocorrect wanted to change that to Bono for some reason, but unsure if you find him a more desirable birthday twin.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday @ianpspurs! Like you said, all the best people have birthdays in June! For the avoidance of doubt, the hug was to commiserate sharing your birthday with Bojo! Autocorrect wanted to change that to Bono for some reason, but unsure if you find him a more desirable birthday twin.
Now if it had corrected to Bonehead ....:angelic: That man really fancies himself - he just can't get round to it :) (Prefer The Edge)

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday, @ianpspurs . You also share with Rory.

upload_2019-6-19_21-40-42.png

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays food after later start as follows
Breakfast: usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea.
Lunch: Small plate of leaves, cucumber, 1 tom, 1 small avocado, cheese coleslaw.
Lots of tea with my friend mid aft.
Supper: 3 egg spinach omelette, 4 squares Lindt 90.
@DJC3 2 viewings were negative, 1 will rhink about it! Thanks for asking but I really have no idea why people turn up.

Yes I think sometimes people book house viewings as a recreational activity for a dull day - just to be nosey. Very disheartening at times.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 3 of my holibobs

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold chicken with pork scratchings, leafy salad and two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: birthday cake carb killa bar and a takeaway Starbucks coconut cappuccino by the pool.
Dinner at an Indian restaurant lamb bhuna with fried mushrooms and a random half tomato (!) followed by a CCB with cream back in our lodge

9398CF5B-75D5-41B1-AE3B-C9EDFDF719CC.jpeg

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Yes I think sometimes people book house viewings as a recreational activity for a dull day - just to be nosey. Very disheartening at times.

Absolutely true, people really do view houses just for something to do. A few house moves ago I had a well to do old woman and her buddy show up one Sunday morning - they walked around the house and gardens commenting (mostly unfavourably) on everything, including stuff that wouldn't be included in a sale, then left - and the estate agent didn't ring me with any feedback. So I rang them and was told that it was the old dear's favourite Sunday hobby. I was furious.

Reactions: DJC3 and Viv19
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid lunch at the bowls club, the lady bowlers put on some nice savoury stuff to eat.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, brown onion gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee, beer, water.

pDVnmR9.jpg

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 3 of my holibobs

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold chicken with pork scratchings, leafy salad and two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: birthday cake carb killa bar and a takeaway Starbucks coconut cappuccino by the pool.
Dinner at an Indian restaurant lamb bhuna with fried mushrooms and a random half tomato (!) followed by a CCB with cream back in our lodge

View attachment 33810
@Rachox I keep meaning to ask you, why just two cherry toms? Are you particularly sensitive to them?

Reactions: gennepher

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
0600 mug of tea with milk
0730 same again
0930 2 egg omelette with about 1 oz cheddar cheese and more tea
1315 salmon with roasted veg from last night plus tea
1445 tea again
1900 cold, home made, chicken sausage slices (no bread or rusk filler) with tomato and cucumber salad and more tea
2030 tea again
2200 tea again
That's a lot of tea but our water tastes foul at the moment and I have been told by my doctor to keep the level of fluids up after ending up in hospital a few weeks ago - mostly because of dehydration.
I am as close to zero carb as I can get but, apart from the occasional short term dip (for about a couple of hours) to upper and mid target range, my readings are still higher than they ought to be.

Viv19

Absolutely true, people really do view houses just for something to do. A few house moves ago I had a well to do old woman and her buddy show up one Sunday morning - they walked around the house and gardens commenting (mostly unfavourably) on everything, including stuff that wouldn't be included in a sale, then left - and the estate agent didn't ring me with any feedback. So I rang them and was told that it was the old dear's favourite Sunday hobby. I was furious.

In Australia they have (or at least had) open days where you scrub and tidy like mad and then go out (having hidden away any small pocket sized collectibles! ;)) ) The estate agent shows the people around and is responsible for security/making sure the everything is ok. As tenants about to leave, we had to allow the house owner to have the house shown a few times at the end of our lease. Open houses did tend to be a weekend pastime for some people. But at least you weren’t there to hear rude comments.

Reactions: gennepher

Viv19

Day 3 of my holibobs

View attachment 33810

Hi Rachox, just a random question, but are you in Africa?
Wherever, have a lovely holiday.