What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Little quote for today
FB_IMG_1560268700876.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Don cha jus love a cafe pit stop. What an amazing way to spend an hour or so. People watching from behind my shades when the sun is out is the icing on the .....cake!!!!????
Our dogs love people watching also when we go to the cafe - or maybe they are watching in case they drop pieces of......cake!!!!!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Do you play like me, all the right notes, just in the wrong order! Les dawson style!

Nah, wrong notes, wrong order. Andy Preview would be proud. Happy birfday contains a Bb , I naturally play a H##. The tempo is a variable and depending on where my koffy cup is positioned I can be an octave higher or lower. I can give tips if required.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy the wedding. I like Newmarket and have been viewing properties in that area. Spiffing Waitrose there.
The venue in Newmarket was absolutely stunning - Lanwades Hall. It was a lovely and very emotional day as the bride was the granddaughter of a very dear friend who died last year.

The caterers were really good and made sure everything they gave me was low carb. It was really delicious and I did eat much more protein than I usually do - which doesn't bode well for my fbs tomorrow.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The venue in Newmarket was absolutely stunning - Lanwades Hall. It was a lovely and very emotional day as the bride was the granddaughter of a very dear friend who died last year.

The caterers were really good and made sure everything they gave me was low carb. It was really delicious and I did eat much more protein than I usually do - which doesn't bode well for my fbs tomorrow.

I Googled Lanwades Hall ... what a lovely place!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don cha jus love a cafe pit stop. What an amazing way to spend an hour or so. People watching from behind my shades when the sun is out is the icing on the .....cake!!!!????

Remember boywatchers? I wish I could post my pic of me wearing mine. But here's this ...

images

Reactions: gennepher

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,8 for me today There is something pleasing at seeing a number starting with 5 ...

I leave you with wishes for a great Friday and a photo of something from my garden: a beautiful canna lily
20190620_120343.jpeg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There's too much money involved for a swift solution Debs...the useless courses must cost an absolute fortune...the facilitators conducting them are paid...the CCG's who interpret the NICE guidelines narrowly/incorrectly and refuse in the main to allow GP's to prescribe or recommend testing for non insulin dependant T2's to test are on six figures salaries...and then of course Doctor & nurse always know best!...that is what we have to contend with...there is a lot of money in health management...there's a lot of money in health mismanagement too...it's a long road to the truth.

How much longer can they get away with murder (quite literally!). The evidence has always been out there. The 1936 guidelines were lchf. Then along came Ancel keys! 40 years of encouraging low fat high carb resulting in obesity and diabetes epidemic. We have the internet. And mobile phones. With internet at the end of our fingers. And forums. We have found a solution ourselves. We have voices. They are getting louder. I was thinking, we could try and do something rebeliius on or around world diabetes day 14 November. Yellow jacket lines. It's only a thought at the moment (a dream!).

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...had a diabetes day off yesterday it felt good to concentrate on something I had far more control over...the house...back to such a busy thread...I think I have caught up with most of the posts...up early today...had coffee...now to tackle the outhouse & the unpacked packing cases...they've been there so long it's about time...woke to a 6.3
Hope you enjoyed your diabetes day off, sounds good! What does that entail exactly. Does that involve eating as a non diabetic or is it just a day away from the forum. You cant turn your back for a minute on this thread. Posts sneak up from nowhere. Just when you think you've caught up theres 20 more little blighters there Haha. I had a busy couple of days. Came back to 175 unread! Nearly through them now I'm happy to say.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It certainly is. Absolutely ridiculous and worrying too.
Pre-Brexit referendum, just about everything Boris claimed turned out to be untrue. I can’t understand why he is the leading candidate. Unless lying is a necessary requirement for a politician.
Duh - of course it is.
Looks like he will get in (shakes head in dismay) Conservatives will be ousted at the next GE that's a dead cert so he might not be at the helm that long with any luck.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
a few days out of the loop so to catch up.
mon 6.6
tue 5.6
wed 6.0
today 6.1
trending up this week, i think because the previous week it was all mixed up travelling to wife's friends to baby sit cats and just eating what was available..(cheeky takeaways..poor me.;) )
this week trying to stabilise, before we head off to cyprus on sunday (belated 60th gift form missus..she can NOT resist a bargain whens she hunting flights etc .:hilarious: )

@johnpol , good luck finding the right way to deal with the eye op..:)

for all suffering the angst of higher numbers, i pray they lower to what you could consider acceptable, soonest.
and i suppose the silver clouded lining is you KNOW they are higher because you ARE monitoring and can take some active steps to lower, or at the worst explain away the high..(usually )

@SaskiaKC ,,GREAT news on the move..( now it's all the stress of what to buy to help furnish/decorate, etc..;) )

@ianpspurs , belated birthday greetings...good luck fighting off the hordes once they find out the leaving bash involves so MUCH free liquor.
( Though do like the idea of an easter egg hunt... so volunteers to house sit are numerous.
put me down as interested .:hilarious: )

on an added note the old bluetooth smart scales going well.
Just one mishap.
noticed i've been slacking in my weight loss and it's risen up a lb or two.
so been trying to make inroads and cut back/monitor better.

Of all the matrix's involved the Bone Mass and Viscireal fat have stayed constant as you'd expect i suppose.

Now bear in mind the language used while english i do believe is from a slightly chinesey english aspect, so COULD be over alarming......IF taken at face value.

Other day, was a bit 'Bunged' up toilet wise.:rolleyes:

but weighed myself as you do.
report came back that Visceral fat is up in whole number by ONE :wideyed: (no fractions or % with that baby)
...with advice to Go to Hospital (*DANGER DANGER)....:***::***:

Well luckily i kept a cool head, had breakfast and then 'used' loo..;)

weight dropped :hilarious:..and Visceral fat back to usual score, with a caution to move more .walk, sleep etc..result.

so all's good ..and as with meters, it gives me ample warning of rising / dropping scores so i can take action soonest.

*My wording not the smart scales.;)

Have a good day all.:happy:
You should write a book, it would be a best seller!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC is this mistaking where the toilet is a new thing with the KC? I would struggle with that practice. Cats are very clever and I wonder if she would react to a treat and a fuss everytime she goes in her tray and the cold shoulder when she doesnt. I am probably telling you what you already know so sorry if I am.

Not at all. Thank you so much. For all I know it may be an age thing. She is 14, and although she doesn't act like an old lady, it could be her age. She seems to be getting a little bit farsighted; when I give her treats in my hand she finds them more by scent than by sight these days, although when I toss them across the room she obviously sees them very well. And she never misses when she jumps up onto things.

I think she knows what she is doing is wrong, because a couple of times when I have caught her right afterwards she has gone to sit behind the TV, as if she is putting herself in "timeout" or something, even though I have never punished her for anything or even scolded her.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oddly enough if you do clean the soiled areas with any kind of strong chemical particularly bleach that won't deter them...often cats are attracted to the chlorine it has been suggested it is connected to their pheromones...triggering a hormonal reaction...usually cats 'mark' as a protest...I do remember my old cat Gorgeous who did exactly the same when the boyfriend arrived...try a little catnip heading towards the litter tray then a teeny amount in the tray...do you have catnip there?

Thanks. :) I have a packet of loose catnip. She is not really into catnip -- my older kitty was a catnip junkie but the KittenCat is just "Meh." However, she loves treats, and I may try combining your idea with @PenguinMum 's idea about treats and try a trail of treats to the litter box. I'm also thinking about putting her water bowl down in the spot she has chosen in the living room. I read somewhere that cats don't like their water bowls near their food dishes, but none of the cats I have ever known seemed to have a problem with this, but maybe I will move her water bowl away from her food dishes and put it in this new "poop place" and see if it helps.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Later start today, 5.15, which is fine as I dozed off on the sofa and went to sleep earlier last night - joints seem to be pleased with the rest. Peter the meter, purveyor of fake news and unfundable promises, passed my blood withdrawal agreement with a 4.5 majority backed by the fbg - (droplet decided it was madness to leave on *** rules) @Krystyna23040 Landwade Hall is indeed stunning and very close to where I was looking at houses yesterday. There are a few venues like that in the area and some amazing stud farms. Sounds as though you enjoyed your day so I hope the protein fest doesn't rebound on you but anyhow one day won't be an issue. Off for my annual review @ 8.30. DN may tickle my feet and generally be a fount of good advice on all things medical - or not.

Last edited: