What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know being economical with words is a virtue (he says while making his third lengthy post of the day on this thread ) but this is ridiculous.

Those of you that follow my posts may recall that my son has been away on a school trip to Switzerland for the last week. His mother and I have been naturally concerned that he is well and having a good time .

This is my wife's attempt to engage in some online chat with him:

Wife: Hallo son, what are you up to?
Son: Sitting
Wife: Are you back at the hotel?
Son:
Wife: Have you had dinner yet?
Son: About to
Wife: OK
Wife: Did you have a good time today?
Son:
Wife: You are very talkative tonight . Enjoy dinner.
Son:
Wife:

Teenage boys for you
20190630_072758.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope Trump knows about this! Its a sad state of affairs though those mussels would have been tastier than mine! I do wonder if the planet is slowly dying and we have finite time left.
Were your moules not spiffing? Trump, or at least his advisers,probably know but more votes will be gleaned from his base by being a climate change denier IMHO.

Last edited:

Viv19

Morning All. 5.3 yay! Moules for dinner, not the glorious Cornish version but vacuum packed from W......e.
Thank goodness today is shaping up to be not so hot! I also drew the curtains yesterday as the main rooms face south. @Viv19 it sounds like you need to get the toe checked with a medic. Are you able to wear sandals and walk on it?
@pavlosn beautiful pics and well done for swerving the carby food. @Bildad well done to you too for resisting temptation.@Bubbsie sounds like a good evening, I take it Harry didnt like the wet t shirt idea!
Have a good Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe and cool.

I can walk ok without shoes, just with a tubigrip around it. But even my adjustable padded walking sandals press on the pathetic toe. No time now to see anybody- we’re driving home on Tuesday/Wednesday (overnight ferry). Over 900 kms on the other side so both of us will have to drive.
Haven’t heard more about the broken water pipe- hope we do have water when we arrive home.

Reactions: gennepher

Viv19

I know being economical with words is a virtue (he says while making his third lengthy post of the day on this thread ) but this is ridiculous.

Those of you that follow my posts may recall that my son has been away on a school trip to Switzerland for the last week. His mother and I have been naturally concerned that he is well and having a good time .

Son:
Son:
Son:
Wife:

Teenage boys for you View attachment 34008

He’d probably be teased by the other boys about chatting to his Mum while on holiday.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Were your moules not spiffing?
They didnt taste of the sea the way freshly harvested mussels do. I always thought mussels were out of season in the summer months. My home town growing up had a mussel festival in September when they were back in season, I asume they were breeding over the summer. But that no longer seems the norm. They had bags of mussels on the fresh fish counter at previously mentioned store but they are not fresh enough for me. Previous trials ended up with too many open shells and 50% waste. Thats why I opted for the vacuum packed but they lacked taste. I like them so much they have to be tip top.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can walk ok without shoes, just with a tubigrip around it. But even my adjustable padded walking sandals press on the pathetic toe. No time now to see anybody- we’re driving home on Tuesday/Wednesday (overnight ferry). Over 900 kms on the other side so both of us will have to drive.
Haven’t heard more about the broken water pipe- hope we do have water when we arrive home.
Oh Viv I hope your toe improves in time for the drive and you have a safe journey.

Reactions: gennepher and Viv19

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night was 7.2, this morning fbg showed 7.3. :((
Little toe is still nearly double size and there’s no bruising as I’ve always had before. I think it might be broken somewhere, but really can’t decide exactly where. It’s a b.... nuisance!!! So frustrating.
The problem is Viv there is little that can be done for a broken toe...are you able to strap it to the next toe to give it some support...or put some ice on it...possible anti-inflammatory meds if you are able to take them

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sounds like a good evening, I take it Harry didnt like the wet t shirt idea!
TBH honest PM we couldn't find one that would fit him...for a bulldog he has a great physic but it's his head & neck that's huge...so he opted for digging holes in what's left of the lawn put his shades on & re-dug his trench under the hedge
IMG_0359.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Son:
Son:
Son:
Wife:

Teenage boys for you View attachment 34008

Sounds just like my son...and they don't change with age...

My son is in his 40's now, not married, and is not very communicative. His sisters text me saying we can't get hold of him, he doesn't reply. They are worried.

So I text son, "Are you alive?"
Son's immediate answer, "Yes". (Well are least I got a response, my grown up daughters didn't)
Silence, so I text, "Where are you?"
Son's answer, "Here."
I text back, "Where is here?"
Silence, son doesn't reply...he is off the radar for the next few months...

At least he appears to be alive...

Daughters text me back to ask if he is okay, I forward them the conversation. Daughters text me back saying he still won't reply to us...

I am a mother. I have intuition to know if my kids are okay. He does not want mithering...he will be in touch with me soon enough if he wants something...even at his age...

>^..^<

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 for me today

we had noisy and spectacular thunder and lightning yesterday evening and overnight so it's cooler and clearer this morning, rather cloudy just now so I don't know whether we will eat outside at mum's or not, it's still pleasantly warm out. If it stays dry I think a spot of hedge trimming may be in order before we eat :)

Chicken is in the marinade either way ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Viv19

The problem is Viv there is little that can be done for a broken toe...are you able to strap it to the next toe to give it some support...or put some ice on it...possible anti-inflammatory meds if you are able to take them

Yes last time (3 years ago) I strapped the last three toes together, and after few days I was ok to walk. This time restricting the toe hurts more, therefore the tubigrip which sort of does the job. Lots of RICE happening! Thanks for the advice.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good afternoon fellow stabbistsas.

I’m not good at present. Tired, lethargic, mumpy, meh,

The highlight of yesterday was buying Hugo a new toy box. He helped to fill it by inventing a new game. Mum puts toy in box, Hugo removes it as obviously it’s his favourite and playing with it. View attachment 34012

My fbg. Have had a wobble from 2.8 to 4.8 to 7.8 -lots of .8’s- back to 3.6 then 6.0 and now a 5.8

It’s a lovely day in the people republic of South Yorkshire.

Have a lovely week chums

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC good morning. I dont understand whole beaches not open to everyone,seems most unfair. I wish you could move to Blandford and you would never be far from the sea. Is a move nearer the coast out of the question for you?

Good afternoon, PenguinMum. :)

I have looked at some senior apartment communities near the coast. Just this past year I read about one whose tenants had to be evacuated from a hurricane. They were sent off to other senior communities, inland, several hours away, and those places aren't exactly set up to receive guests. And animals such as the KittenCat aren't provided for at all. A half-day's journey by bus to who-knows-where would be a nightmare, and without a car I would either be sent off on a bus, or sent to a local "shelter" like a gym or indoor stadium, and I remember the horror stories of what happened to people in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. Evacuation is one thing if you have a car and the evacuation routes aren't back up all the way to the beach, but you have to have a place to stay inland, and hopefully a home still standing undamaged when they let you come back after the storm.

In a way I understand about the private beaches. Hotels and condo communities have to have some control over their beaches so that their paying guests will get their money's worth. When people are paying through the nose for oceanfront accommodation with beach access they want it as much like their own backyard as possible in terms of safety. And someone has to pay for beach maintenance, and to protect the dunes, and the shorebirds' and sea turtles' nests -- although many of those are destroyed on a fairly regular basis by tourists ignoring signs as well as local predators. When I was on the Florida Gulf Coast a few years ago there was public access to the beach half a block from our hotel, but no public parking. The year after that, on Hilton Head Island, on the Atlantic coast, there were wonderful public beaches, and free parking. But beach access has to be limited because of the dunes. Our condo was half a mile from the beach, but it had wonderful lagoons with alligators and turtles and water birds, as well as the loudest chorale of bullfrogs we had ever heard!

I looked at some of the senior housing in Blandford, and it's quite a way from the city center and its shops and things. It looks very nice, just not very central. And I don't meet the minimum income qualifications for a foreign resident in the UK. I would still get Social Security income, but not Medicare, so would have to pay any medical expenses out of pocket. Which is as it should be -- I'd be a resident alien, at least for the first several years! :)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The meter decided to spit out an 8.9 instead of the 9 something of yesterday.

Yesterday was a bit more erratic eating, including picking the raspberries off my raspberry bush each time I passed it. Yet my figures go down a wee bit.

Dawn looks like it’s promising another hot day but I haven’t checked out the app yet.

Have a good Sunday
Take care
>^..^<

Pickles raspberries.. tell me more. I made raspberry gin then used those raspberries to make vinegar last week. So pickles raspberries sound nice tell me more

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes last time (3 years ago) I strapped the last three toes together, and after few days I was ok to walk. This time restricting the toe hurts more, therefore the tubigrip which sort of does the job. Lots of RICE happening! Thanks for the advice.

Broken toes ..I’m quite au fair. I’ve broken my foot getting off of a bus.. I’ve broken toes walking into doors, dropping books on them, just walking.. can you get k tape ? It helps me. I fell over hugo ( cocker spaniel ) in October we ove still got tissue damage. I use k tape!