What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A far more sensible 6.00 wake up today and a safe but uninspiring 5.1 again . There are worse numbers on which to be becalmed. Outsized knee obviously not causing bg issues but frustrating me hugely. @Goacher55 you have my sympathy for silly o'clock waking. @pavlosn air con breaking in bedroom at that temperature is no fun - had a holiday experience like that, @Bildad fantastic fbg and action packed day. @Viv19 be careful at that there gym - no squats with a bad toe. @Krystyna23040 new phones and trip to London - how the other half live:angelic: @dunelm what a sporty grandson you should be proud. @DJC3 thinking of you today. @gennepher and @PenguinMum I would be overjoyed to find a way of not being hungry most of the time but two women's meat is another man's poison. Trying to add more filling food to my diet locks my joints so hunger is the lesser of two evils. Most days I can't find a "safe" way of balancing what goes in with even my BMR.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. A word of warning today is Thursday, not quite Friday and consequently workers playtime, but just nearly enough for merrymaking to sneak in.

A gentle 8.2 for me this morning, no real surprises. But it was a nice late dinner.

We have road works going on outside and both our drives are blocked at the moment, I say at the moment, Mrs J will be going out later and she takes no prisoners. The little song " Their may be trouble ahead " could well be apt.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A far more sensible 6.00 wake up today and a safe but uninspiring 5.1 again . There are worse numbers on which to be becalmed. Outsized knee obviously not causing bg issues but frustrating me hugely. @Goacher55 you have my sympathy for silly o'clock waking. @pavlosn air con breaking in bedroom at the temperature is no fun - had a holiday experience like that, @Bildad fantastic fbg and action packed day. @Viv19 be careful at that there gym - no squats with a bad toe. @Krystyna23040 new phones and trip to London - how the other half live:angelic: @dunelm what a sporty grandson you should be proud. @DJC3 thinking of you today. @gennepher and @PenguinMum I would be overjoyed to find a way of not being hungry most of the time but two women's meat is another man's poison. Trying to add more more filling food to my diet locks my joints so hunger is the lesser of two evils.

Winner for the numbers but much sympathy for the knee. The base of my left big toe is the bit that hogs all the uric acid when it decides, usually during a pleasant bit of REM sleep, to get angry.
Yes, we are so pleased that our grandson has taken to sports and keeps active - he does though indulge in racing cars and other sorts of X-box activity (or whatever it is hooked up to the TV).
Hope the knee calms down quickly but these things to tend to do their own thing.

Reactions: Viv19

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Transferring phone data can be a real chew even though Samsung has a “smart switch” system - I have recently used it to set up a new Samsung Galaxy from my old one.
Some things will transfer OK, some, like stored passwords and some contacts may not.
Suggest you back up the BlackBerry first and even write down all your log in details in preparation.

You can have a look at the BlackBerry to Samsung procedure here:
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/...fer-data-from-my-blackberry-to-my-new-device/
Thank you for this link - it is really helpful. I am not looking forward to doing it but I have not been happy with my current BlackBerry for a while -: especially since it won't sync with Google contacts anymore.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, back home with a 5.8 on the dice, happy with that after taking on a full frontal pastie assault in sunny Cornwall, two days of cramming for an electrical exam on Saturday morning to get through, the OH says I put the pro in procrastination. Don't know what that means, I might look it up later.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, back home with a 5.8 on the dice, happy with that after taking on a full frontal pastie assault in sunny Cornwall, two days of cramming for an electrical exam on Saturday morning to get through, the OH says I put the pro in procrastination. Don't know what that means, I might look it up later.
Never do today what can be put off until tomorrow. Best wishes for the exam you are currently studying for. Hope you can get on with the studying without resistance and no volte-face. I am sure there will be ample chance for fun later. o(h)mg I have gone too VAR - don't want to pylon the pressure.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Made me laugh trick...and I could just go a pastie right now

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey panic set in it's bin day & I hadn't put the bin out...rushed outside & noticed all my neighbours had forgotten too.. should I knock & warn them...how could this have happened...relief finally came when I realised it's Thursday & our bin day is Friday thank the lord I realised before I alerted my neighbours...if I had they may have called in Age Concern & Social Services.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope all the gubbins acts to give you all some peace. We are trying to persuade my mother in law to think about sheltered accommodation. The place has a trial apartment that she can move into for up to six weeks to see if she likes the environment. Just have to wait and see.

Many condolences to your bins for not being part of the internationally recognized bin day, which is Wednesday. We are out of phase with you. This week it was general waste - our garden and recycling bins are already anticipating their turn.
My bins thank you for your kind thoughts but they like to be different!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 yesterday (had late night choccy with coffee and cream
5 7 today not bad after large carvery from local which included 2 x small roasties and a little gravy. Had quite a lot to eat over past 2 days too as weight lower than I like (don't like to go below 10 stone 7 lbs and was 10 stone 6 lbs). So more protein than usual which does reflect in my bs usually. Fine balancing act this old diabetes.

Ive been concentrating on my BIL over past few months as he hasn't been well. Things have improved I'm happy to say. I'm his carer so it's been a worrying time. But I'm feeling a lot happier and able to crack on with helping to spread the word. In discussions with my surgery yesterday and today about my next presentation. Set the ball rolling I'm very lucky as they are so supportive and encourage:

Patients helping patients
Empowering people in community
Social prescribing

My next presentation is going to be more focused on weight loss the low carb way. But will obviously include control of bs. Be about 1 hour as dont want to bore everyone. My hubby is enthusiastic to help too so I'm bringing him on board. He is a pt at same surgery and has himself lost 21 lbs on this woe. We both feel and look so much healthier and want to help others.

Off to the PPG network meeting next Monday. Was hoping my leaflet could have been done for then so I could hand out but my guy at the surgery who is helping has annual leave (how rude!). Worse things happen!

Haven't had time to catch up.on thread but should have time tonight after a very important meeting. One with me and my TV watching LOVE ISLAND #guiltypleasure

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all the gubbins acts to give you all some peace. We are trying to persuade my mother in law to think about sheltered accommodation. The place has a trial apartment that she can move into for up to six weeks to see if she likes the environment. Just have to wait and see.

That sounds like a great opportunity to check a place out. I've never heard of that sort of arrangement here. I wonder if sheltered accommodation is like our "independent living" or more like "assisted living." The former means housing for people 62 and over (55 and over in some communities), basically just a regular apartment or house but limited to "seniors" of at least 55 or 62. You are able to live independent of household help/personal care. "Assisted" living provides the household/personal assistance.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea
Gym
Cwc and nuts
2 slices LC bread, one w smoked salmon and other with blue cheese.
Yoghurt and berries.
Cwc more tea . Edit. forgot. Cubes of cheddar.
Chicken curry with assorted veg and cauli rice.
Wine with water.
Today I really fancy something sweet. perhaps I’ll have more yoghurt and berries.
Our local Aldi has had good British cheddar available- both mild and mature - for the past 6 months. Now it’s gone, and instead there’s Irish sliced coloured cheddar. Not the same! It’s probably that blasted Brexit!!
Did you get tired at the gym and post this in the wrong thread?

Reactions: dunelm and Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
Gym
Cwc and nuts
2 slices LC bread, one w smoked salmon and other with blue cheese.
Yoghurt and berries.
Cwc more tea . Edit. forgot. Cubes of cheddar.
Chicken curry with assorted veg and cauli rice.
Wine with water.
Today I really fancy something sweet. perhaps I’ll have more yoghurt and berries.
Our local Aldi has had good British cheddar available- both mild and mature - for the past 6 months. Now it’s gone, and instead there’s Irish sliced coloured cheddar. Not the same! It’s probably that blasted Brexit!!

Cwc ...
Cheese with curry?
Carbs without counting?
Counting with carbs?
Curried white chutney?
Cream(tea) with cats?