What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Just a little too low I guess but hopefully not painfully so and I am praying all corrected now. Have a great day. Ian.

Ian
A little bit shaky but not too bad and been ok since

Regards
Ian

Reactions: dunelm

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 for first prick. Chanced a 2nd jab. BINGO. 6.2 get in there! Not bad after FIL 90th birthday celebrations which included pate, 2 small slices of homemade bread and a splattering of chutney. Roast dinner which included 2 roasties and a quarter of a Yorkshire pud (I know I know). And gravy. A small parsnip. Cheese board to follow. Selection of cheeses, 2 crackers and a splodge of chutney! A spoon of sons chocolate fudge cake with double cream (the wine made me do it officer!!!) Blood sugars didnt go above 8.1 on my tests. And today's reading is a good result and I'm happy with that. A good time was had by all. Greek yoghurt to compensate this morning and corned beef salad for dinner. Not sure about anyone else but I can tell when my bloods are about 5. I kind it feel empty if that makes sense. Usually happens when I haven't eaten for a few hours during day so that makes sense!

Had a PPG network meeting today. Lots of PPGs getting together to share ideas. Lots of talk about having a listening table. In surgery reception. Talking to pts and getting feedback/ideas/suggestions so taking this forward with my PM. Love it. Home, cup of coffee.

Drive to window company. The house son has bought has pre 1980s rose top windows in bay, bedrooms at front if house and front door including fanlight. Changing to clear apart from front door and fanlight which will be opaque. £189. Bargain. Will modernise it in a jiffy. Could have had number put in fanlight for £36 but found excellent stickers on Ebay for £6 delivered. Love a bargain.

Tonight was supporting our daughter at her end of term musical extravaganza. She is a teacher. Brilliant production. Including a section from the lion king #goosebumps #tearyeyes so so proud.

Back home, feet up, you tubing in search of our next sunny holiday destination. Love a short flight and a long prom with lots of bars and restaurants. Torremolinos is calling. You can walk between Torremolinos and Benalmadina in about 40 minutes. Cheap flights £40 return with Mr o'Leary. Airbnb cheap accommodation. So all in all a very productive day. Will catch up on thread tomorrow when I've more time.

Hope everyone had a good Monday. So sunny here on the NW coast. 27 degrees of gorgeousness.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reminds me of Jonathon Livingstone Seagull, a book adapted to music by Neil Diamond which was amazing. Anyone get this too?

I hadn't thought about the connection, but I get it now that you mention it. I loved the JLS book and also the album, which I bought while looking for a song that I later learned was "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I've never gotten to see the JLS movie but I would like to. The book was given to me by a college boyfriend, and years later another college boyfriend introduced me to some of Richard Bach's other books, on flying airplanes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night was 6.5 but fbg this morning has gone up to 8.6

Just could be the way my body does stuff.

But I am half thinking of maybe eating a bit differently next few days but still keep to finishing food by midday ish

Grey out there...
Been up since 4 am
Done paperwork
Head needs a rest cos more paperwork to do
6:30 now so back in bed for half hour
Then start the day again!!!

Have a good day
Have fun
Do everything I wouldn’t do...

>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I went fbg level hunting this morning. Tried on several as I was looking for a stout, practical outfit suited to county rambles, pottering around old ruins, rat catching followed by a brisk rub down with turnip monthly. After much deliberation settled on the fetching plus four and jacket ensemble at a rather decent 5.2. http://www.charleswall.co.uk/charle...nds/Ratcatcher-made-to-measure-plus-fours.htm
I rather fancy the Suffolk natives will see me as one of their own attired thus. One needs to make the effort for these people.

Reactions: Viv19

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember staying with friends in Cheshire, we decided to go the easy route and feed the two families fish and chips. My friend checked who wanted to have fish and chips, everyone. Then I said ‘ but you haven’t asked them what kind of fish they want.’ She looked at me in a ‘viv’s lost the plot’ kind of way, and said ‘they have ‘fish.’ No particular kind just bits of white fish fried in batter.
Coming from East Anglia where fish is landed at so many seaside towns, we have the choice of cod, haddock, plaice, maybe others, can’t remember.

Fish and chips here means cod and chips - other things on the menu are hake, haddock, plaice sometimes. You have to ask for those as you walk in the door. Also if you want a larger piece of cod they have a few prices depending upon how whale-like you fancy it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I went fbg level hunting this morning. Tried on several as I was looking for a stout, practical outfit suited to county rambles, pottering around old ruins, rat catching followed by a brisk rub down with turnip monthly. After much deliberation settled on the fetching plus four and jacket ensemble at a rather decent 5.2. http://www.charleswall.co.uk/charle...nds/Ratcatcher-made-to-measure-plus-fours.htm
I rather fancy the Suffolk natives will see me as one of their own attired thus. One needs to make the effort for these people.

Good choice, a sturdy breek and made in Yorkshire. The sort of thing that my cousin wears when stalking.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good choice, a sturdy breek and made in Yorkshire. The sort of thing that my cousin wears when stalking.
Thanks. I did notice several locals dressed the same way when we popped in to the Squire and Chambermaid - very interesting sign and fascinating Frankie Howard DVD of the history. Useful to bone up on the language, seems much like English but much slower in a strange, sing song way.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. It’s journey time again today. Taking mum to the airport for her 0900 flight home tomorrow morning.
We are breaking up the journey at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park - think a horde of statues stolen during the Roman Conquests - but in Yorkshire, and in a park - and free to get in - and in plain sight, and - so forget the Roman horde - more of a hoard really, although there is a horde.

So, the wonder wheel of driving round the North Yorkshire Moors and cooing at an art exhibition entitled “The Lost Words” gave a sophisticated 5.1 at 0550 when I dragged my carcass out of it’s warm and cozy cocoon and dashed across the landing.

For art and poetry lovers the link for the exhibition is here: https://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/visiting/see-and-do/inspired-by-gallery/the-lost-words
Contained within are some download links to some interesting educational resources for students of all ages

Have a great day if you can

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I did notice several locals dressed the same way when we popped in to the Squire and Chambermaid - very interesting sign and fascinating Frankie Howard DVD of the history. Useful to bone up on the language, seems much like English but much slower in a strange, sing song way.

Our local is the “Bog and Bird” - unfortunately the sign says “Moor and Pheasant” - the sign artist missed a trick there - here is a sample of the “atmosphere” within.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...started off my day yesterday full of enthusiasm until the dreaded notices arrived...two innocent looking letters popped through the letterbox settled with my coffee to read them... was it a lottery win or had someone had left me a fortune...none of that...two fines for entering a 'bus gate' while I was working in Birmingham once on the way there & another on the way home...slightly better news today woke to a 5.8

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez really good BS after the celebrations. I know what you mean about the feeling empty when BS hit about 5. The feeling gets stronger in the 4s.

@Viv19 your post reminded me of some lovely fish and chip dinners at Wells-Next-the-Sea. Nothing better than lovely fresh fish by the sea. Sadly that is all in the past.

5.1 last night - 5.1 this morning - so BS behaving.

Yesterday on our return home from our lovely walk at Blickling I was rushing around the kitchen and knocked my older Labrador's paw. Blood spurted all over the kitchen floor. I was really upset that I had hurt my doggie. Vet saw us straight away and said that he had a cracked claw - which had already been cracked prior to me knocking it and there was some infection there. So he is now on antibiotics and no walking for a few days.

Reactions: Viv19 and karen8967