What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy with that especially after being on holiday for a few days, and eating 2 slices of pizza yesterday!!!

This however makes me real mad:

https://iryamly.com/ten-tips-for-diabetes-diet-foods/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

What a load of twaddle the article in the link is pedaling. If I had taken that advice then I would be as fat as the fattest fatty on fat road in fat town, be on drugs to control my diabetes and be worrying about my eyes and my feet.
This sort of thing should come with accountability penalties.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a load of twaddle the article in the link is pedaling. If I had taken that advice then I would be as fat as the fattest fatty on fat road in fat town, be on drugs to control my diabetes and be worrying about my eyes and my feet.
This sort of thing should come with accountability penalties.

It was the sheer stupidity and illogicality of this line that disgusted me:

The amount of carbohydrates you eat will directly affect your blood glucose levels so it is important that you integrate it into your daily diet.

Reactions: UserABC2021

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankfully after excavating the cables etc. from under the desk it was a power connection which had become unseated from it's socket :happy:
it's amazing (and a bit scary) how stressful being cut off from the internet feels to me now
That happened to me. I panicked and bought a new monitor from Amazon. When husband looked at it he found the plug had come out of the socket.

Still - it did come in useful when I bought a second computer for the office a few months later.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is the twin

5a5ca8eaf358bcf49b6b759683eeeccb.jpg
Excellent results young man and very stylish

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic news @Bubbsie
and given the stress of the last week or so,
Blooming MARVELLOUS results
(this over eager editing of wordage, does make it seem like i speak in a **** van dyke way, from mary poppins..:D:hilarious::hilarious:
so not me...;) )

well pleased for you.

Good luck with the rest of the Day.

hahahaha just spotted that richard van dyke from mary poppins has been edited...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Ludicrous..:hilarious::hilarious:

Viv19

Poop.

The witch in the meter, threw in the tealeaves, chicken bones, entrails and God knows what else, read the runes, and determined I was 6.0.

Which was fine by me...so a happy start to my day......UNTIL I DROPPED IT. AAAAAGHHH.:***:

Screen broke..:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Ho blooming hum.:sorry:
(Time to suck it up and not cry, JJ..
oops..too late)

Best wishes for today, @Bubbsie
Hoping results are what you'd wish for.x

@johnpol ...haha...liking the writing..:hilarious:

@Krystyna23040 ... Sounds like a great start to the day.

@PenguinMum... What a lovely thing to have to look forward to..x

@ianpspurs... Nice.
Good to see you back exercising, you do sound happier and in good form :).

@Viv19 how I dislike having to buy or accept presents from others..... Never too sure if the present is for my pleasure or the givers.
Although when it's family is a little different.
If it helps... I'd forgo a present if it was me, for time with family, a meal, A drink etc, that's the present you really can't BUY.

And the the thought out someone wracking their brains and rushing around like a headless chicken to buy me something I just HAVE to say.."ooh.. That's nice, love..":rolleyes:.. Sounds like a waste all round, to me..(.G.O.M.. Mode OFF..;):))

@Debandez .. Lovely trip report.:)

@dunelm ..ya got a hug, but I'd of included a FUNNY. If I could..:hilarious:

And **** you @trick60 ...one ear worm, on CONSTANT playback...Thank YOU so much..:wideyed::woot::arghh:
be funny if it got @alf_Josiah , the same way...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: )

.and @Bildad ..you are a SAINT.
Hope the day/weather improve.<prayers>
(Hate to think of the outcome otherwise.
Kids, confinement, ENERGY...:wideyed: don't end well.)

;)

Have a good un, everyone.
Weather here.. Dry, highs of 70/80F
Perfect weather for me....off work today:D

Sadly the family is scattered. No 1 daughter will come for her birthday in September, but her sister are far away, one in Australia, the other usually in Sweden, but from Saturday back in Namibia for a family holiday. Dad is in the uk.

Reactions: gennepher

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been off the forum for a while. Been trying to be less obsessed with pricking fingers too often, while still checking a few times a week.

Last night 6.0
This morning- didn’t check

Planning a full check up later this week - Fingers crossed
Nice to see you back shas3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4am wide awake
4:40am up, can't sleep.

can't check bloods
and not in work until this afternoon ..

AAAGHHH :arghh::arghh::arghh:

So just posting to moan.

(but at least i'm 1st on the GRID in the PIN PRICKER GRAND PRIX...:D)

Have a god day, once it starts....:rolleyes: , ya all.

Viv19

We’re an hour ahead of you so I’m next.
6.3 this morning after a happy 5.9 last night.
I was trying to tell me to move because I thought my (last) physio appointment was earlier, but now realise it’s after 12. So I can be lazy and take my time waking up.
Murphy’s law is that if I sleep well and relax, then my back complains more. Can’t win.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not enough consistent WiFi connection to read so will catch up when I get home. (Please keep it brief as I am back to work on Monday!!!)
5.7 this morning but I am not surprised after the goings on last evening. I will say no more than hormonal moody catty transfer girls!!
On the plus side the sun finally appeared after 2 full days of rain!
I have avoided eating too many carbs so far but it isn't easy when the menu consists of pizza, smily stars, baked beans, sausage and mash sweetcorn and peas (not all at one meal) I have discovered that fasting is good!!
We are back to rain today which is rather unfortunate as a farm visit is on the programme and despite sending a list of clothes to bring at least 2 of the little darlings have come without a coat.
Take care