What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So sweet!

But you must have cropped the pic -- I don't see any wretched old granddad in that pic.

I will take the liberty of adding a pic of Moana for you, @PenguinMum .

716359-576a.jpg

tagging @jjraak for the Hawaii theme.
**** I cant get that pic! Adore anything Disney.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Another brand new week. 6.0 for me today. Think I need to just dial back the quantity on my plate rather than anything else. Me and OH off to Dublin on Friday to visit Son 1 so really looking forward to that. @Bildad hope the weather improves for you all @pavlosn the fishermens chapel reminded me of the one in St Brelade Bay in Jersey. I love the idea of praying for the men to come home safely. I remember at convent school in Ireland once when a boat failed to return on time we all prayed and they did get back safely. I must have been 7 or 8 but never forgot.
@trick60 thanks for reminding me of Aristocats, need to watch again Loved that.@Bubbsie good luck at the clinic. @ianpspurs great news that you’re back on the bike and enjoying it.
Try and have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Love Dublin, my second home. If you get chance pop to lidl and buy up those protein rolls. You could make a fortune selling them on the black market on here!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surely "The Aristocats" would be more up your street Saskia, some great numbers in that one,

Everybody wants to be a cat
Cos a cat the only cat,
who knows where it's at.

And on that note this cat got 5.8 fbg this morning after spending two hours in mopping the MiLs flat out after a pipe burst behind her bathroom sink. Nobody wants those 1.30 am phone calls, I was glad it was only a plumbing disaster.

I hope she doesn't have much water damage. Good for you for mopping up!

I don't think I've seen The Aristocats. I will have to try it. I have seen Gay Purr-ee. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and there you have it..
the reason why so many doctors think we are all too stupid to take note of our health and read up AND take action to improve it.

Just an opinionated oaf, @PenguinMum.
type in ANY topic , and he'll know why you're wrong, and be happy telling you loudly just why ..
(cos he read it the sun..probably )
For someone who doesn't seem to take care of themselves, like them,
the next big attack may not be so kind..

good for you sticking to your guns.
Don't let that put you off.

Just because we try to educate, doesn't mean that person will learn

BUT the more of US that tell the More of THEM
about how WE cope and do it SO much better then the herd.
The better off maybe just ONE person might be, ( if not dozens)

I say that's a chance WORTH taking.

Even the mightiest Dictatorships fall,
Not because the other side have more weapons
But because one person stood up and said 'NO '
And the many followed..

Because Our WORDS have POWER
Whether we see it in our lifetime or not

Viva La Penguinmum...:happy::D

Hear! Hear!

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning... a bit higher than what i was hoping considering last night was 5.5 and dinner was a salad. But dawn phenomenon has to make its presence felt i guess. Anyway after breakfast am down to 5.8. So the machine seems to be working. Full medical check up planned for Saturday... so trying to be disciplined till then at least

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow you’re right about the amount of protein for breakfast.
I think the ‘can’t outrun a bad diet’ may hold true for weight loss but I’m convinced that strength training and light weights make a difference to bg levels. It’s certainly true in my case that I see higher numbers if I’ve been inactive for a few days.

No amount of exercise can sort out a bad diet; they go hand in hand. Your strength training will have great benefits - as we get older, it is resistance training that we probably need the most for our muscles, ligaments and bones. I do a kettlebell workout interspersed with step-up’s each morning. My kettlebells are only 8kg and 10kg but they do the job. In Star Trek, the Borg said, “resistance if futile”. - not true.
Hot tip - a bit of old fashioned disco each day with figure of eight movements do wonders for core muscles and fat burning. If you also laugh at the same time, you get a bonus.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks and a welcome bit of rain on another magnificent bin day. Wetter than an otters pocket in the dark and dangerous north but the bins are still dutifully and smartly lined up, zen like in the downpour. In quiet contemplation they await the arrival of the bin druids on their steamy chariot in order to proffer their meagre offerings of, today, recyclables and the exciting contents of the mysterious green garden bin.

The wonder wheel of trying out a new restaurant and pleasant surprises returned a verdict of 5.1 on the linear line of lunacy at 0545.

Mrs Miggins and I have been raising articles of concern above the 4ft 6in battle line in preparation for the arrival of the Lilliputian army of the grandchildren. We have been informed by our spies that the first assault will be mid morning and let by Little Miss Pamplemousse and her two year old shield maidens, Chaos and Mayhem. Future forays will take place later this evening with the older grandchildren who will wish us to sue for peace and provide food in order to seal the deal.

A friend is over from LA and has brought with him an LA Galaxy shirt for Mr Pickle. He will be dead chuffed about that and probably take to strutting about in it at his next training session.

Have a great day in you can - the virtual bag of hugs, like the horn of plenty, is there for all to partake in - all carb and glutton free, suitable for all diet fads both old, new and even future proofed against as those diets not yet even dreamed up.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Although I was more relaxed before this injection it still put the BS into 6s this morning. Last night I was a very rare 7.2 before bed so, even though this was the most comfortable of the three, it was still stressful.

This morning eye not sore at all.

They do an eye test prior to the injection. Both eyes significantly improved but the eye that improved the most was the eye that hadn't been injected. Very weird.

Viv19

The ice packs have done a good job - I can walk this morning with nothing more than a slightly swollen left knee. But my bg went up up to an hysterical 7.7 last night, thankfully coming down to 6.7 this morning.
I’d hoped to have wonderful new low levels to flash at ophthalmologist tomorrow. It’s Murphy’s Law. :-/

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No amount of exercise can sort out a bad diet; they go hand in hand. Your strength training will have great benefits - as we get older, it is resistance training that we probably need the most for our muscles, ligaments and bones. I do a kettlebell workout interspersed with step-up’s each morning. My kettlebells are only 8kg and 10kg but they do the job. In Star Trek, the Borg said, “resistance if futile”. - not true.
Hot tip - a bit of old fashioned disco each day with figure of eight movements do wonders for core muscles and fat burning. If you also laugh at the same time, you get a bonus.

Agree about the disco dancing and laughing, my granddaughters are coming to stay for a couple of days so there will be a fair bit of that I’m sure!
I use hand weights, just 1.5 kg each and find that 15-20 mins a day with squats and some simple core exercises @johnpol told me about ages ago, do make a difference to bg. If I stop (and sadly I often find an excuse not to do it) then bg levels start rising in a day or 2

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning. Although I was more relaxed before this injection it still put the BS into 6s this morning. Last night I was a very rare 7.2 before bed so, even though this was the most comfortable of the three, it was still stressful.

This morning eye not sore at all.

They do an eye test prior to the injection. Both eyes significantly improved but the eye that improved the most was the eye that hadn't been injected. Very weird.

Maybe not weird @Krystyna23040
Sometimes I think the corresponding opposite part of the body is sympathetic in one way or another to its counterpart.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.6 today

Rain and wind and grey skies

Been up since 4am

Done paperwork, set up something technological

Chatted to a friend by text

Done some digital Kaleidoscope photos from my butterfly photos

Had a couple of black coffees

Time for a nap I think... It's already 8am...

^_^