Type 1'stars R Us

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Will they include champagne to practice? I'm starting to get interested in those courses after all.

My DSN has been involved in developing the course and has been photographed practising these new techniques in the staff common room:

fainting-victorian-lady.jpg

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My DSN has been involved in developing the course and has been photographed practising these new techniques in the staff common room:

View attachment 34666

Is that Fay Wray??
Are they bringing in "someone" to demo the sensor adhesion under duress..? ;)

They may need a bigger common room.... (To paraphrase another movie in the same genre. )

image.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For me it would be ripping the sensor off under duress.
You could attach sensors up both my arms without a twitch but removal of that adhesive ...
I have a friend who's very good at that. I only yelp a little when she removes sensor and extra patches :)

Reactions: Knikki

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys. Just a quickie no pun intended but does anyone know if sex increases or de creases blood sugar? Anyone had issues?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys. Just a quickie no pun intended but does anyone know if sex increases or de creases blood sugar? Anyone had issues?
It's just exercise, with extra hormones and emotions thrown in, so could be either way or both in quick succession. Best to try and test :)
So keep both meter and hypo treatment close by! Remember, should you drop, there's all sorts of fun things you can do with honey...

Reactions: Knikki and WuTwo

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
It's just exercise, with extra hormones and emotions thrown in, so could be either way or both in quick succession. Best to try and test :)
So keep both meter and hypo treatment close by! Remember, should you drop, there's all sorts of fun things you can do with honey...
Just try to stay indoors - those bees can be possessive.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just try to stay indoors - those bees can be possessive.
Agree. Outdoors it would probably wiser to use a boring old hypo treatment from a closed container and be creative in ways not involving sugary food!

Reactions: Diakat

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It depends on the person, we are all different. If anything, if you feel low, just stop and chuck down your treats. I unfortunately go a bit low 9/10 times when it comes to hugging.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a quickie no pun intended
Also, I'd expect a lot of difference between 'just a quickie' (I mean, how much can happen to your bg in 5 minutes, provided you start at a reasonable number?) or a full evening program.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also, I'd expect a lot of difference between 'just a quickie' (I mean, how much can happen to your bg in 5 minutes, provided you start at a reasonable number?) or a full evening program.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: It takes 5 mins to take your clothes off, right? Or do certain people get a bit excited and strip in 2.5 mins?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: It takes 5 mins to take your clothes off, right? Or do certain people get a bit excited and strip in 2.5 mins?
How many clothes do you wear in this heat? Takes me all of 10 seconds max. Pull T-shirt over head (in winter grab T-shirt and pullover together in one move), pull down bra and catch pants, knickers and sometimes socks on the way down.

Did you know some people actually sleep naked? No need for wasting time undressing when they decide on some exercise!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How many clothes do you wear in this heat? Takes me all of 10 seconds max. Pull T-shirt over head (in winter grab T-shirt and pullover together in one move), pull down bra and catch pants, knickers and sometimes socks on the way down.

Did you know some people actually sleep naked? No need for wasting time undressing when they decide on some exercise!
Why yes, unfortunately some people are cold and wear a few layers. :hilarious:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Silly o'clock morning to you all, it's just started to get light.
The beginning of a new week so hope it's going to be a good one for us all.
Off today to Buckley, just over the border into Wales, to have some fun with my nephew 56yrs and his wife. I imagine that this may involve quite a lot of drinking of gin and diet tonic.
3.5hrs to get there on the train!! and that's just as far as Chester where they'll pick me up
The steroid battle continues, high teens still this morning. I admit to be a bit worried even though you've told me not to
Have a lovely day

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

Yep, I knew that. Always have done it, always will. When I went to hospital I had to buy a couple of nighties! Sent 'em off to the charity shop as soon as I got out of that wretched place. These days I have a lightweight wrap thing for swanning about in after I've had a shower or bath, but I couldn't sleep in it!

Reactions: Antje77

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, off to spend the day with a friend from Oxford so we're meeting sort of half-way and exploring the area around Berkeley. Hope you all have good days (despite the fact it's Monday!) whatever you're doing. @SueJB go back to sick day rules and correct, hope you get back into single figures during the day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Ahhhh, memories :happy: lol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning Monday diabuddies, new start to the week, awoke on 11.1:mad::rolleyes: and off to town to get my prescription, with I hope the Ropinirole tablets, as I have just 1/2 a tablet left.
Wishing you all a Happy Monday :)

Last edited: