What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you pick up on bake off that next week they're doing total chocolate covering on biscuit week? I even have Hubby in to it now. He was sure Jamie was a goner tonight. They seem a nice bunch this year.

Haha I didn’t spot the total chocolate cover bit for next week - what a coincidence! I’ll be glued to it. Agree they seem a nice bunch this year.

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 brilliant story of the coffee and just the reaction one would expect from a diamond like yourself. @maglil55 proper little force of nature tidying and cleaning, being a super gran plus kitchen goddess. I missed the cake supplier link but millionaires shortbread really piqued my interest - beyond functional into pleasure if it works. Now to the very boring and mind curdling part - my menu. B= 1 greatly diminished cup of decaf tea with whole milk. Lunch was a mackerel (tinned in EVO) salad + chia seeds. Evening meal was a cheap and cheerful (not) gourmet burger with mushrooms and tomatoes. Ate 2 x 25 gms corned beef and about 80 gms cheddar. I managed nearly 14k steps which was way more pleasing than the food. Woke early and fbg 5.6 so not a great testimony to yesterday's effort but I get to try again today in a different t-shirt and shorts.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 brilliant story of the coffee and just the reaction one would expect from a diamond like yourself. @maglil55 proper little force of nature tidying and cleaning, being a super gran plus kitchen goddess. I missed the cake supplier link but millionaires shortbread really piqued my interest - beyond functional into pleasure if it works. Now to the very boring and mind curdling part - my menu. B= 1 greatly diminished cup of decaf tea with whole milk. Lunch was a mackerel (tinned in EVO) salad + chia seeds. Evening meal was a cheap and cheerful (not) gourmet burger with mushrooms and tomatoes. Ate 2 x 25 gms corned beef and about 80 gms cheddar. I managed nearly 14k steps which was way more pleasing than the food. Woke early and fbg 5.6 so not a great testimony to yesterday's effort but I get to try again today in a different t-shirt and shorts.
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com

@shelley262 already has supplies. I await my order. It was @Goonergal that started this I think from the Food Rocks festival.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
High protein is my diet.

Small yogart and decaf coffee with milk.

Pulled pork with 7 twists of dry pasta.

Mashed veg with soft cheese added.

Drinking water inbetween meals.

Still losing weight but PCOS symptoms are back. Humf!

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Relieved today to get crown sorted - only painful bit was the payment for a few mins work! As hygienist had loosened it it seemed a bit much - as already paid loads for previous weeks check up and hygienist visit!
Late lunch - dentists meant no food before and then cement had to set........cheese omelette
Dinner Cajun chicken breast, cauliflower rice and raita with glass of dry wine followed by lemon mousse, a few home grown berries and yoghurt about to have decaff coffee and bit of 100% choc.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 glad you got the crown sorted and I have had lots of dental things over the years and I sympathise with the cost also. My food today as follows:
Breakfast: usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: salad with cheddar and halfapple from my tree diced, lots mayo.
Supper: cheese and tomato omelette.
1 g&ST and lots of water.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a "fast" day today so -

Tea, Tea, Tea, Tea. Then some cottage cheese and an apple: about 235 calories and 24 g carbs.
Tea, Tea, then chicken salad: about 200 calories and about 30 carbs.
So totals: 435 calories and 54g carbs.
I started the day, still high BG despite taking extra insulin overnight -10.9, rising to 13.8 before breakfast at noon. Then it started to drop a bit, back to 10.7 in mid afternoon and finally to 7.2 before dinner (1830). Just checked and it is now 6.3 - almost 2000. In range but I could have hoped for better.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you got the crown sorted @shelley262 but sorry about the damage to your purse. I’m still trying to find a dentist in Cornwall - there seems to be a dire shortage in these parts and I’m dreading a toothache or filling falling out.

Breakfast today was 2 boiled eggs and buttered flaxseed crisp bread ( what the inimitable @zauberflote called Crispy Dunnies) Plus CWC
Lunch: a tumeric&orange Adonis bar - not that keen on this flavour, but it came in a mixed box. Handful of Brazil nuts and 5 HC buttons
Dinner - fat head pizza and 1 glass red

In other news today I finally got round to registering with the local GP and discovered that they do ‘Social Prescribing’ here, which involves all sorts of activities to help people live active lives. There is a walking group for diabetics which meets every Wed morning for walks around the Eden project which is just up the road. I’m definitely signing up for that - doubt it’ll be in the league of @Goonergal ‘s walks as it’s for mixed abilities but it’s a social thing too so I’ll be able to plug the forum to a captive audience!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 glad you got the crown sorted and I have had lots of dental things over the years and I sympathise with the cost also. My food today as follows:
Breakfast: usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: salad with cheddar and halfapple from my tree diced, lots mayo.
Supper: cheese and tomato omelette.
1 g&ST and lots of water.

I’m so envious of that 1/2 apple! I think apples are what I miss most, which is not what I expected at all.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gouda and chorizo rollitos followed by Greek yoghurt, LC chocolate granola and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: gammon steak and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so envious of that 1/2 apple! I think apples are what I miss most, which is not what I expected at all.
I checked my BG later and it wasnt as good as I would have hoped! Hope your shoulder is better?.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 4.5 FBG 5.4 - a lot better. @DJC3 - I miss melon. I loved melon with Parma ham or prawns. I also miss figs. I do eat the odd fig but I used to eat loads of them. Today was spent keeping Hubby away from my newly reorganised cupboard. He will persist in just putting things in there.
I also made a start on the other bedrooms which resulted in yet another visit to recycling and charity tomorrow. Hubby asked what of his I had disposed off - I refused to answer. I am also eyeing the storage outside the patio which is used for surplus cleaning items, steamers, scrubbers etc. Not being sexist but these houses have to have been designed by men. Not a cupboard in sight for things like hoovers, ironing boards etc. Its one thing I miss about our flat we had in Edinburgh. It had huge walk in cupboards. Ended up with another OMAD but I nibbled over 2.5 hours.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. Nothing
D. 1/2 avocado with some prawn cocktail. Boiled egg. 4 sausages, fried egg, 4 santini tomatoes and some veggie chips. Bit of Hotel Chocolate 100%. I've made a chocolate chia pudding but will leave it until tomorrow.
@shelley262 - glad you got the crown fixed. I feel for the cost. I'm dreading the day my bridge has to be replaced. It was £400+ last time. Hubby has also developed an interest in the vacuum bags. I also got an email about the cakes. They were apologising that they hadn't dispatched them but to be honest since I ordered on a Bank Holiday weekend I didn't expect them yet.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I checked my BG later and it wasnt as good as I would have hoped! Hope your shoulder is better?.

Quite a lot better thanks, daughter has given it a couple of sports massages ( makes me feel athletic, though hardly sport induced) which has really helped.
Shame about the apple effect on your bg, but if you enjoyed it it was probably worth a momentary blip.

Reactions: Brunneria