What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know whether to uprate you massively for an outrageously spiffing idea or hunt you down and do you you verbal harm for provoking even more hunger in my current food dessert. On balance the spiffing idea wins for now.:angelic:
That’s a relief! Hope you escape the confines of the NHS soon. Breakfast was a nightmare when I was in hospital too. I had my own yoghurt and berries stored in a fridge somewhere, I couldn’t go and fetch food either, it was very frustrating waiting for them to bring it. I think the fridge was the other side of the hospital as it took them ages :(

Reactions: ianpspurs
D

Deleted member 308541

A pickled boneless hand of pork thawing out ready to go in the slow cooker this morning for some cold meat for lunches.

7t6Cg7P.jpg

mouseee

Evening! Spent the morning getting one step closer to having a useable classroom. Forgot to take something for breakfast.

Lunch bacon in a flatbread and some celery. Flatbread spiked me but I let it come down more slowly and no headache today. Phew. Learning everyday. Also crossed flatbread off the list. I keep hoping some kind of bread will be ok for me!

Dinner - not really dinner
I made a LC muffin and used it like a scone. I bought some raspberry 'conserve' and had a teaspoon of that and then piled on the clotted cream. Not quite as good as the real thing but hey, BS was 4.4 before and 5.3 two hours after so I call that a win.

Have just discovered posh do I have to go to with OH is only a week away. That means sewing this weekend as I have nothing suitable. Also means I'll forget to eat tomorrow as I get into a state of 'flow' and forget everything else!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much this morning after the disaster of the jug on my filter coffee machine breaking and sending coffee all over the kitchen. The cupboards did need a clear out and wipe down I guess. I’d had 1 cup before it broke at least.
Lunch was a tin of mackerel with salad then some HC 90% chocolate.
Dinner Garlic olive oil and herb marinated Airfryer chicken ( thanks for the idea @Goonergal , And I can eat the skin from airfried chicken - goes much crispier than oven cooked) with asparagus, avocado and tomato salad and coleslaw made with h/m Mayo - added s blob of Dijon mustard and splash of white wine vinegar this time.
@Ianspurs Im sure the mental benefits of a couple of chips this evening and a slice of toast in the morning will outweigh a temporary bg spike. I’m glad you are out the other side.
@SlimLizzy you seem to have done really well settling in if you are now picking salad from your garden. I don’t like clowns either btw.

Edit to say tin of mackerel, not ton.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Flathead fillets and salad.
Dinner: Last of the curried chicken.
Breakfast: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee and tea no sugar, water.

Last day of winter today, expecting a top of 26° celcius today here in Bundy. :D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much this morning after the disaster of the jug on my filter coffee machine breaking and sending coffee all over the kitchen. The cupboards did need a clear out and wipe down I guess. I’d had 1 cup before it broke at least.
Lunch was a tin of mackerel with salad then some HC 90% chocolate.
Dinner Garlic olive oil and herb marinated Airfryer chicken ( thanks for the idea @Goonergal , And I can eat the skin from airfried chicken - goes much crispier than oven cooked) with asparagus, avocado and tomato salad and coleslaw made with h/m Mayo - added s blob of Dijon mustard and splash of white wine vinegar this time.
@Ianspurs Im sure the mental benefits of a couple of chips this evening and a slice of toast in the morning will outweigh a temporary bg spike. I’m glad you are out the other side.
@SlimLizzy you seem to have done really well settling in if you are now picking salad from your garden. I don’t like clowns either btw.

Edit to say tin of mackerel, not ton.
Just had bg test after the chips and trifle 5.8. LM*O

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 4.9 FBG 6.9. Half day at school so not a lot of time available especially when I have a packed lunch to make and then straight to Lego Club. No 1 grandson continues to outdo all expectations - Value Champion for the 3rd week running. It seems it hasn't happened before. We were stopped by the headmistress yesterday as she wanted to tell him how proud everyone was at the change in him. He meantime shuffled around embarrassed by all the praise. Meantime back at the ranch I continue my battle with some of the vacuum bags that appear to be sucked flat only to quietly hiss at me over a period of hours. Annoyingly it's the bags with the quilts, pillows etc.
B. TAG with ADOC and 2 rollitos.
L. My Deliciously Guilt Free stuff arrived - I had to have a bit Millionaire Shortbread. It's rather good. In fact it's so good I wanted another bar but I resisted for the time being.
D. I did some pork ribs with a dry chimichurri rub and had it with the remains of the cauliflower rice risotto which tasted even better than yesterday. I confess, another Millionaire shortbread.
Much later I had to try the lemon drizzle cake with a coffee.
I am glad to say no increase in BGs as a result of the pig out on deliciously guilt free. Not sure what the polyols will do to me though!
@shelley262 - last chance tomorrow to order the lemon drizzle as they are discontinuing it tomorrow. I ordered another 2 packs and I couldn't resist another 2 boxes of the Millionaire shortbread but this batch is heading for the freezer.
Welcome back to the other side @ianpspurs.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 4.9 FBG 6.9. Half day at school so not a lot of time available especially when I have a packed lunch to make and then straight to Lego Club. No 1 grandson continues to outdo all expectations - Value Champion for the 3rd week running. It seems it hasn't happened before. We were stopped by the headmistress yesterday as she wanted to tell him how proud everyone was at the change in him. He meantime shuffled around embarrassed by all the praise. Meantime back at the ranch I continue my battle with some of the vacuum bags that appear to be sucked flat only to quietly hiss at me over a period of hours. Annoyingly it's the bags with the quilts, pillows etc.
B. TAG with ADOC and 2 rollitos.
L. My Deliciously Guilt Free stuff arrived - I had to have a bit Millionaire Shortbread. It's rather good. In fact it's so good I wanted another bar but I resisted for the time being.
D. I did some pork ribs with a dry chimichurri rub and had it with the remains of the cauliflower rice risotto which tasted even better than yesterday. I confess, another Millionaire shortbread.
Much later I had to try the lemon drizzle cake with a coffee.
I am glad to say no increase in BGs as a result of the pig out on deliciously guilt free. Not sure what the polyols will do to me though!
@shelley262 - last chance tomorrow to order the lemon drizzle as they are discontinuing it tomorrow. I ordered another 2 packs and I couldn't resist another 2 boxes of the Millionaire shortbread but this batch is heading for the freezer.
Welcome back to the other side @ianpspurs.
Thanks for heads up re lemon drizzle got my order in just now! As well as millionaires shortbread 2 boxes of each - well it’s free delivery if you buy enough! Still got a fair bit of my initial batch in freezer but didn’t try the MS and the lemon is for mums freezer when go up next week I’m sure she’ll love it and I can slowly finish the current box! They recommend two months in freezer but would imagine they may last longer in there if needed .............
@DJC3 would be disaster in my house if my coffee jug broke!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for heads up re lemon drizzle got my order in just now! As well as millionaires shortbread 2 boxes of each - well it’s free delivery if you buy enough! Still got a fair bit of my initial batch in freezer but didn’t try the MS and the lemon is for mums freezer when go up next week I’m sure she’ll love it and I can slowly finish the current box! They recommend two months in freezer but would imagine they may last longer in there if needed .............
I'd just received my order when I noticed it so they must think I'm having quite a pig out to order another 4 boxes the day I receive my first order.
The shortbread base on the millionaire shortbread is a bit of a mystery. It's really good but I can't work it out currently. I know how to make LC caramel and the chocolate isn't an issue so what is left in the ingredients has to be the base. There are things I haven't heard off though. It would make a great base for cheesecake as it has that crumbled digestive biscuit taste.
Currently I am trying to convince myself that Millionaire shortbread for breakfast is not a good idea!!

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From here:
https://lowcarbandketobakery.co.uk/

I am, so far, witholding judgement.

I have eaten one of the snickers bars, which was very soft and not at all snickers-like
and had a bite of the cinnamon roll, which is lovely and cinnamony, and kind of wholewheaty, although declared to be gluten free. It has made me very thirsty.

Will see what the others are like, but frankly, my body prefers meat nowadays. Sweet stuff and cakey stuff is no longer something that feels like food to me, which is a pleasant surprise. Rather like how my attitude changed to those stinky brassicas.
Was this the cafe @Goonergal & @Rachox were at and @Goonergal said they lacked fats?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've added that Cauliflower Risotto I made to the CMT recipe circle. It's another one that is open to variation but I always preferred veggie risotto. I'll certainly make it again.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was this the cafe @Goonergal & @Rachox were at and @Goonergal said they lacked fats?

This is an online shop.
Their current order processing is approx 2 weeks plus delivery, which is extraordinarily slow for an internet shopper like myself.
However, they have a nifty Messenger update and delivery tracking system, and the one query I had was answered within 4 hrs at 4 mins past midnight.

So I have a (possibly unwarranted) image of a tiny business run by a v small team, busting their guts to keep up with a steadily growing demand.

Yesterday

No B
L chorizo and cheddar rollup thingies
D tikka skewers (as per day before)

Mr B had a LC golden syrup ‘steamed’ sponge from the LC bakery, plus adding some high carb custard. He was rather disappointed by the small size, but since he thinks the ideal pudding portion is the size of a rugby ball, he was always doomed to a certain level of disappointment. He did say it tasted v nice. Haha!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. OMAD day today after a decent canal walk, although still feeling the effects of last Saturday’s epic walk.

Said meal was slow cooked beef short rib. Yum.

@Annb you can get testing strips for ketones - I got a free Caresens dual about 18 months ago, but the strips are expensive at about £1 a pop.

C9951E6B-2053-40DC-A0D1-4B6D026E066D.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I don’t know how it happened - it’s the same one you have with the thermos jug under the filter. I’d had 1 cup out of it but when I went to get another the jug sort of tinkled and I looked inside to find the seal round the neck had dropped in and the glass liner was all broken. I hadn’t dropped it or treated it roughly so I don’t understand at all.
Middle daughter actually bought me a card and some lovely hand cream as a cheer up present as I’d looked so forlorn in the morning!

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 4.6 FBG 5.7. My battle with the vacuum bags continues. I've now convinced another bag to stay flat but the one with the quilt is refusing to play ball and I was sure it was properly sealed. Super glue may be next!
Despite doing an online order I couldn't get everything so still had to nip out for the missing items. Still battling myvway through ironing. The dust of the plaster got everywhere so it required a lot of stuff being rewashed and ironed again. There is nothing so soul destroying as having to wash, dry and iron king size bed sets that were already done!
B. TAG with ADOC (I resisted the Millionaire shortbread).
L. Well more late afternoon - water and I gave into the Millionaire shortbread
D. Bit flame grilled chicken, little bit turkey breast, roast pork, mortadella, boiled egg, cheese coleslaw. I cremated the veggie chips so had 4 of hubby's chips.
Will be having a coffee and another Millionaire shortbread and relaxing this evening. No adverse reaction to the polyols either thankfully.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out this morning to an American diner for breakfast/ brunch. 2 rashers, 1 sausage, 1slice black pud, 1/2 tomato mushrooms and 2 poached eggs. Didn’t get a chance to test at 2 hrs but after 3 hrs bg was 8.0!! Heaven knows what it was earlier.
A sane person would have decided that a water only fast would be the best option for the rest of the day but I decided to eat half my emergency HC Easter egg I’d hidden in the back of my wardrobe!!! Didn’t test later.
The family have decided on fish and chips this evening and although I’m not hungry I’ve asked them to get me a steamed fish as I know the smell will make me ravenous when they get in.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Breakfast chiplolata sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch bit of cheese and five walnuts followed by warmed up from freezer deliciously guilt free lemon drizzle cake(0.8 g carbs per cake) with spoon extra thick cream - needed a treat and sent my bgs right down not up! Probably helped by mindfulness session too.
Dinner home made chilli con carne made with organic pork mince and one slice of Hilo bread made into garlic bread with glass of red wine followed by sf jelly, a few home grown berries and thick cream.
@DJC3 maybe coffee jug knocked in transit? What a disaster - mine is a lifeline!