What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a 10.7 was nonchalantly thrown at me by my arch nemesis, The meter of Doom, he likes doing that. As a matter of fact I do believe he love's anything over ten, gives him a sense of empowerment, me on the other hand work my tiny little socks off to get them below 6 and doomy just ruins it :) I will actually take the 10 as after the weekends numbers I'm back on an evenish keel and can get the numbers down now, I know it will take a few more days work, but that is what Diabetes is, Work to get a handle on it, we mustn't take a backward step, let it rage out of control, so we work that is something that the Consultants, Doctors, Nurses and especially the general public know nothing about, the relentless work that has to go into managing and coping with this condition. I have said it before to someone in the gym, when feeling terrible, I would like to see you cope with this, watching what you eat (well I do, on the end of my fork lol) planning for every eventuality, worrying that I have enough insulin, Hypo kit, consumables, pens needles, worrying if I have done something too strenuous with out thinking and end up relying on others to recover from it coping with the relentless nature of Diabetes. And all you get back is "Well of course I could you make it look easy" my reply is always I only wish it was so "easy".

Apologies for the rant I have had a taxing few days with high numbers, presenting symptoms again and, for once in a few years, wishing I could just give diabetes back, but then would I be the man I am today? Nearly 24 years with it and having to cope and adapt and get through the early years of diagnosis, and having to be strong and determined. No I think I wouldn't be the man I am now, not by a long way.

Enjoy your day everyone and take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarrisonK glad the walk went ok.Enjoy the driving and raking. @Cumberland hug for the initial low but glad the lucozade worked. @karen8967 lovely start for a lovely lady. @johnpol what an amazing post from an amazing man. Hope things settle for you soon. All the rest of you, Behold how good and pleasant it is to dwell together in unity.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning, moaning. Sun is out again today - such a treat. Back has decided to go back into hibernation- bliss. Only been like that for 44 years so should be used to it by now.

The wonder wheel of a good nights sleep and a reasonable waking time hailed a pleasant 5.2 this am.

Bread. I made some “bread” yesterday - bit of a faff but it turned out quite good and has a nice taste to it. Pity it took half a day and in a kitchen resembling a chemistry lab.

I know, it looks a bit like a kake - lots of whisked up egg whites folded in.

The thing is to first make a cauliflower crumb - I know, who would have thought!

Koffy time, have a great day, hugs to all who want or need one. @johnpol - rant away, it’s good for you. Hope it settles quickly.

upload_2019-9-17_8-32-7.jpeg

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well why on earth didn't she say that...we all accept there are other ways to control T2 diabetes however she promoted the low calorie die &t took little account of what you said...she merely repeated what I and many other T's know doesn't give much chance of long term good management of our BG's...heading over to Twitter now.

Zoe said this to me, it would have been great for her to say this on air. Maybe next time :)

' I’m currently awaiting the outcome of a funding bid to introduce T2DM Remission service in my own practice. Patients will be educated about remission and then offered opportunity to opt into 1 of 3 groups (LCHF, very low cal meal replacement or time restricted feeding) patient choice after learning about all 3'

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well why on earth didn't she say that...we all accept there are other ways to control T2 diabetes however she promoted the low calorie die &t took little account of what you said...she merely repeated what I and many other T's know doesn't give much chance of long term good management of our BG's...heading over to Twitter now.

The this morning link to my interview has been deleted as far as I can see. Presumably due to the negative comments. Still on YouTube and on this morning fb page I'm happy to say as this will help others find the option that suits so many of us.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
wonder how much of that was in her remit.
like to think she could say what she wanted,
but would she be pressed to have balanced the
viewpoint, from above ?

Sad to see the twitter, not how i would have liked it to be.
looked upset to me.

Pity because all i want is for others to be given the CHOICE.

if it's not for them or they want another way, fair play.

ME.. i felt aggrieved that the ONLY choice given was the Failed one.

Big danger doctors and HCP are going to paint themselves into the corner as untrustworthy dodgy mechanics

with untold tales of sucking their teeth and going "dear oh dear, how did you manage THAT"
and then charging over the odds for the repair that does NOT last.

Trust, honesty, heading out the door day after day, with every post of someone being dismissed with TOO little information, little real choice and when they decide to help themselves get better, some psycho babble about the HARM (laugh or cry ??? ) that testing can do to us poor feeble minded Type twos.....<insert FURIOUS emoji here >

Dear god WHEN will these Dark Ages end for US Type 2's .

She did say to me that we have to be careful we dont alienate carbs as we have done with fat.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all those who are wondering just what a nasty bunch of politicians the media are portraying we have.

Well folks having been AWOL for the last few days due to life, custodial sentencing and Mrs J. I have a short time slot to visit here and write about my pet hates, pets, politicians and my blood sugar meter which has been reasonably well behaved, which is more than me and me's and my mates chaos and mayhem. My last few morning readings have been 6.4, 5.2, 5.8, 7.1 and this morning 6.1.

I hope you all have been well and those who aren't will soon recover.
What are your plans, I hope they involve disreputable behaviour, much more fun.
On Mrs J's behalf I have to visit the the post office depot I think I shall wear my studded dog collar and do a little barking and chasing the postmen oh and ladies.
Have a great day folks.

Reactions: dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, a 10.7 was nonchalantly thrown at me by my arch nemesis, The meter of Doom, he likes doing that. As a matter of fact I do believe he love's anything over ten, gives him a sense of empowerment, me on the other hand work my tiny little socks off to get them below 6 and doomy just ruins it :) I will actually take the 10 as after the weekends numbers I'm back on an evenish keel and can get the numbers down now, I know it will take a few more days work, but that is what Diabetes is, Work to get a handle on it, we mustn't take a backward step, let it rage out of control, so we work that is something that the Consultants, Doctors, Nurses and especially the general public know nothing about, the relentless work that has to go into managing and coping with this condition. I have said it before to someone in the gym, when feeling terrible, I would like to see you cope with this, watching what you eat (well I do, on the end of my fork lol) planning for every eventuality, worrying that I have enough insulin, Hypo kit, consumables, pens needles, worrying if I have done something too strenuous with out thinking and end up relying on others to recover from it coping with the relentless nature of Diabetes. And all you get back is "Well of course I could you make it look easy" my reply is always I only wish it was so "easy".

Apologies for the rant I have had a taxing few days with high numbers, presenting symptoms again and, for once in a few years, wishing I could just give diabetes back, but then would I be the man I am today? Nearly 24 years with it and having to cope and adapt and get through the early years of diagnosis, and having to be strong and determined. No I think I wouldn't be the man I am now, not by a long way.

A brilliant write up. It’s not a rant, it’s explaining everything around a serious condition, and the stuff we need to do on a daily basis, which is time consuming and taxing and can be frustrating.

I have other conditions which I have to prepare for daily as well (very time consuming), and when someone says all you need to do for this is...it won’t take long...aaagghhh...

You are doing brilliantly.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
wonder how much of that was in her remit.
like to think she could say what she wanted,
but would she be pressed to have balanced the
viewpoint, from above ?

Sad to see the twitter, not how i would have liked it to be.
looked upset to me.

Pity because all i want is for others to be given the CHOICE.

if it's not for them or they want another way, fair play.

ME.. i felt aggrieved that the ONLY choice given was the Failed one.

Big danger doctors and HCP are going to paint themselves into the corner as untrustworthy dodgy mechanics

with untold tales of sucking their teeth and going "dear oh dear, how did you manage THAT"
and then charging over the odds for the repair that does NOT last.

Trust, honesty, heading out the door day after day, with every post of someone being dismissed with TOO little information, little real choice and when they decide to help themselves get better, some psycho babble about the HARM (laugh or cry ??? ) that testing can do to us poor feeble minded Type twos.....<insert FURIOUS emoji here >

Dear god WHEN will these Dark Ages end for US Type 2's .

I still cant believe we are having to fight this battle. Incredible. Have they not got access to blood glucose monitors? It's as simple as that in my world. Track in mysugr and there you have your answer. You eat low carb hba1c estimate goes down (in general). Too high it goes up. Even better reflection of that with a CGM.

Check out this link to the NHS DUK t2d what to eat link!!! Once this changes I will go back into my box. When they give us the option of using a blood glucose monitor I will go back in my box. And when they stop telling us avoid fat I will go back in my box. It has to be all 3 though so I may be doing PR for the foreseeable future!!!

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/food-and-diabetes/i-have-type-2-diabetes

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The this morning link to my interview has been deleted as far as I can see.
The same day the link was posted in the news forum where it had some prominence it was moved onto another thread someone else started...so it didn't appear on their leader board where it was so noticeable...that's how it is THERE Debs...I doubt very much it will change that place is dull...uninformative & I believe very much geared to one section of the diabetic community & that isn't T2...I did notice they are planning to relaunch or reformulate their forum...about time but they need to address the staff moderating who have indulged in & encouraged bullying/targeting and abusive comments...if anyone doubts that I have a pile of correspondence from them obtained via a subject access request...available for anyone who doubts the veracity of my comments whenever convenient for them.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@HarrisonK glad the walk went ok.Enjoy the driving and raking. @Cumberland hug for the initial low but glad the lucozade worked. @karen8967 lovely start for a lovely lady. @johnpol what an amazing post from an amazing man. Hope things settle for you soon. All the rest of you, Behold how good and pleasant it is to dwell together in unity.
thanks ian :happy:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Zoe said this to me, it would have been great for her to say this on air. Maybe next time :)

' I’m currently awaiting the outcome of a funding bid to introduce T2DM Remission service in my own practice. Patients will be educated about remission and then offered opportunity to opt into 1 of 3 groups (LCHF, very low cal meal replacement or time restricted feeding) patient choice after learning about all 3'
That is quite frustrating Debs...all done behind the scenes so we won't know the format or how those participating were advised...for all we know it may be set up to fail like the 'Farmer' et al study many years ago.

Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
m0167.gif
m0139.gif
.Chortle. Chortle, Chortle..

Oh what a delightful image i now have...first class, @Debandez

and as to your other recent posts.

Girl dun Good..
t2037.gif

Bubbsie nailed it for me..

and a note you made that it's a Learning Curve is spot on..
t2009.gif

each step on the road makes you more proficient and aware of what the agenda is for others and how to relay the information the best way YOU can
...so far
m1257.gif

no ones trained you for these roles and opportunities, you've MADE them happen,
( Tho' your making such a BRILLIANT stabs at it and getting it right so often i'm beginning to wonder a little bit
if you haven't been to RADA....;) )

Nice approach and attitude to the turnout and Sub 5 score to boot..Whoop, Whoop indeed.

have a GREAT day my Diabetic warrior friend :happy:

Viva La Revolution

Laughing at
1) the content
2) the brilliant emoticons
3) me and the shepherd's hook
4) RADA
5) just cos I'm a but giggly as I've almost caught up on thread, only 186 posts to go!!! I'm doing it TODAY!!!
5a) not forgetting the choice of song,,,,which I forgot hence the edit!

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning with a 5.0 after yesterday's food intake of wine, ice cream and birthday cake, must have been a result of the red wine.

Another busy day, grandaughters not yet awake but soon will be as we are off to a horse show with their ponies, at least their mom and dad are doing the horse grooming, I think grooming the girls is much easier.:)

Until then I am enjoying the peace and quiet of this lovely Sunday morning whilst I can.

Soon the mayhem starts!
I can definitely confirm red wine brings down bs! Going off my libre.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And all you get back is "Well of course I could you make it look easy" my reply is always I only wish it was so "easy".

Mate... For all the type 1's like yourself, who most days, "just get on with it"..
I have to say THAT is the most honest appraisal I have heard of it

Much as I grumble and Moan about my woes, when I think of the impact diabetes has on you guys, and the hassle you have each day, I am in awe, at how "easy" you do all make it look.

I tip my hat for the honesty, and particularly loved the end part, the assessment of WHO you would be without it..
Great view point and clear perspective .

Much RESPECT.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning...in bed at 10:30pm last night that's unheard of for me but I was shattered...a good sleep with young Master Frankie who came with a bag full of feeding stuff...for supper he had beef mince with a little quinoa mixed with spinach a few dried biscuits & a spoonful of mussel powder sprinkled atop...the same for breakfast...need to get organised hedge cutting later this morning....this coffee is a godsend...woke to a 6.5 & this young man plastered all over my feet.

View attachment 35701

View attachment 35702
Aww, Bubbsie he's gorgeous! Good company too I bet.:)

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Pretty happy with that as I went to the doctors yesterday and saw the diabetic nurse due to spending all night and half the day dropping into hypo territory. I wanted reassurance that now I’m not on insulin the hypos weren’t really something to worry about, or that there was something else going on. My thoughts were maybe I’ve been producing more insulin than needed due to insulin resistance and the diet had stopped the insulin resistance but my body hadn’t dropped the insulin production yet. She said “you’ve cut out too much sugar. Our bodies still need some sugar every day, just as a diabetic you were eating too much. You can’t cut out all sugar.” So feeling quite deflated I ended up having fish and chips from the chippy.

No beading pics today as I’m just beading my way through 20 brown triangles at the minute, 2 done 18 to go.