What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Tiptoo - I've been watching the reports of those fires and they are terrifying! The hugs were for those brave souls fighting the fire - and for you for the worry it must be when they are so close.
@Ianspurs glad the last of your chemo sessions is over. Hope and pray it is entirely successful.
@PenguinMum I agree, there's something about mashed up cauliflower that really upsets me, but in other forms - roasted, curried or just with cheese or butter - it is just fine for me.

I've just taken some lamb chops out of the freezer for my meal today, so I guess I will be eating later rather than sooner. I'll have the last of the cabbage braised in butter with it. Hopefully, just tea other than that, but no promises - not even to myself.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs pleased to hear it was hopefully your last chemo session and that holidays are coming closer. Hope you’re @ble to relax and enjoy your hols - know you aren’t keen on them.
Saw a lot of flooding on our travels up north and back but luckily not directly affected. I do however hate travelling on motorways when lots of water on roads and lorries travel in convoys alongside each other creating a fog you just can’t see through! Still b@ck safe and sound thankfully and thank you all for your best wishes for mum. I managed to spoil my mum with some treats and good food plus her favourite prossecco and Barolo and she did enjoy them @Goonergal she also really loved the lemon cakes I adapted from your recipe and also the chaffles I took up and made into cheese and ham toasties..... while I was away I ate:
Breakfasts mainly bacon,egg and toasted chaffle
Lunches chaffle toasties or cheese and nuts
Dinners meats and vegetables or salads.
Mums sisters funeral is planned for 6th of December so going up next for planned visit on the 5th. Very pleased mum has agreed to come on a slightly longer Christmas visit to ours. We were picking her up for Christmas on the 14thof December but she’s agreed to come back with us a day or two after her sisters funeral so we don’t need to come back and then up to York’s yet another 250 miles round trip a week later!
One of her treats from us was an amazing black faux fur coat I bought her for the upcoming funeral as she really struggles at the crematorium with the cold and we seem to be visiting a lot! She says it keeps her warm and feels like a hug.
Caring day catch up with autistic son tomorrow now back in worcs.
Thinking of you all and good to be back. Planning on putting a slow cooker game casserole on first thing to greet us on return from our day with oldest son.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. After a very meagre eating day yesterday I’ve had 3 meals today.
B: 1 chipolata and 2 fried eggs. CWC
L: egg mayo and lettuce in LoDough wrap. Then 1/2 a 30g Montezuma’s Absolute Black bar
D: Mushroom and garlic chicken https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-garlic-mushroom-chicken-thighs with roast broccoli. 2 glasses red, Then the other 1/2 chocolate bar.
IMG_1338.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 so glad the trip up and back was safe. Your mum sounds very stoic not unusual in that generation. The faux fur coat sounds great for her. Sounds like you are home and straight back into it. Best wishes.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Started well, exercise bike,water, shower and tea. Oddly hungry around 10.00 so had skinny bread toast and Brussels pate. Almond milk cocoa for lunch then an odd fridge raid around 2.30 - goose skin, bowl of cold cauliflower cheese, cold sprouts, olives and garlic cloves. Evening was cheese omelette, Milky's hallum fries and coleslaw. May have cocoa later. The day nutrition forgot. @shelley262 thanks for the kind thoughts - temperature set to be 26 next week in Pathos so breakfast by the pool while people shivering here may be ok. Glad your travelling was ok and your mum will be with you earlier for Christmas.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

@shelley262 glad you had a safe trip.

Eaten a lot today. 3 meals and an 11 hour working day.

Breakfast and lunch exactly the same. Bacon, eggs and cheese at the cafe near work.

Dinner was lamb doner meat with a little onion (haven’t had that for ages) followed by some 85% chocolate.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs cant keep up but so glad chemo is finished. You have been so understated about it but we all have our own ways. I hipe the holiday in the sun will do you both good. X

Reactions: maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Have lost track of time/days last post was two days ago, but dated 07-11. Thats obviously wrong. Will edit it to 09-11-19

So today is the 12-11-19
breakfast CWC, nut granola, CWC
midmorning CWC
lunch BG 6.1
2 slices pain kapnor toasted with pate, cup of tea.
2 hours BG 6.7
tea and more tea
dinner BG 4.9 pork chop with roasted root veggies, (small portion) and cabbage (large portion)
Cup of tea about 1.5 hours later. After
Nearly 2 hours BG 7.2.
2 hours BG 7.3
Still going up. Not happy with that. Will have to be more careful with root veggies. Unless it was the tea.
No idea why BG was so low before the meal. Disappointing that it went up so far on what I thought was an ok meal. Didn't have any wine. Would that make such a difference?

Edited to add three hours BG 5.9

MrSlim has made PannaCotta. Possibly my favourite dessert, it will be ready in three hours. Am hoping to resist until dinner tomorrow.

yesterday 11-11-19
breakfast CWC, nut granola, CWC
midmorning CWC
lunch. 2 slices pain kapnor toasted with pate, cup of tea.
tea
dinner. pork chop with roasted root veggies, (small portion) and cabbage (large portion) several glasses of Cremant de Loire.
piece of toast with butter, then another.. and another way over the carbs for today. :greedy:

bedtime tea

10-11-19
breakfast CWC, more CWC
Lunch egg and bacon mess, half a large apple, shared with MrSlim
dinner from the freezer. ready made meal. Sort of cottage pie, but with duck, it just about scraped into acceptable range with 28g carbs per portion. Sprouts and carrots.
later cheese without biscuits.
tea
bedtime tea

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs cant keep up but so glad chemo is finished. You have been so understated about it but we all have our own ways. I hipe the holiday in the sun will do you both good. X
Thanks @PenguinMum. Don't know about understated as I didn't see it as a big deal - about 10 minutes a week. I genuinely find eating LC far worse most of the time. Unsure about the holiday for me but it will probably do Julie good.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday 12/11/19
Breakfast: Premade keto porridge from a package, not particularly good, will continue to make my own.
Lunch: tuna in spring water 130g, lettuce. 200g, tasty cheese 25g, hot sauce
Dinner: 250g lean beef burger, 170g green beans, 250g cauliflower.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch out with a friend: eggs Royale served on roasted slices of butternut squash.
Mid afternoon: caramel carb killa bar and black coffee.
Dinner: 100% beef burger with melted extra mature cheddar, leafy salad, sweet pepper and two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
A69BE0E3-5A98-41C7-8ACF-1497A7102F96.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch out with a friend: eggs Royale served on roasted slices of butternut squash.
Mid afternoon: caramel carb killa bar and black coffee.
Dinner: 100% beef burger with melted extra mature cheddar, leafy salad, sweet pepper and two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
View attachment 36700
Eggs Royale on butternut squash is an interesting idea, sounds very good- was it an independent restaurant? And how did your BSL react to it? I haven’t tried butternut squash since starting lc.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eggs Royale on butternut squash is an interesting idea, sounds very good- was it an independent restaurant? And how did your BSL react to it? I haven’t tried butternut squash since starting lc.
It was at the breakfast club, a smallish chain:
https://thebreakfastclubcafes.com/locations/
I have to admit I didn’t check my blood sugar before, didn’t have my meter with me :wideyed: but took it after at home and it was 5.0 so not bad!

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

@Tipetoo -- Keeping my fingers crossed that the fires stay confined and they'll be extinguished soon. Must be pretty scary to be so close to them.
@shelley262 -- Glad you made it back safely.
@ianpspurs -- Hope you and Julie enjoy your time in Pathos.

Today's food ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Ground ribeye with cheddar and guacamole and mayonnaise on two portobello mushrooms. Homemade bitter lemon concentrate with sparkling water. Three squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: Skirt steak. Lamb's lettuce with Caesar's dressing and grated gouda cheese. One and half glasses of wine. Later about 50g of chicken liver pate.

D

Deleted member 308541

@Tipetoo -- Keeping my fingers crossed that the fires stay confined and they'll be extinguished soon. Must be pretty scary to be so close to them.
Where pretty good today, the wind has changed direction so the fire danger has eased. My block of land is completely fenced and we are more worried for the native animals on it being trapped by the fire, although we have a Plan A in effect such as pulling a thirty metre section of fence out so they can get out depending which way the fire is coming

The bigger animals should have the brains to get out but the smaller ones will most probably end up dead if the worse comes to the worse.

As for the shed and gear that's insured.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 13-11-19
Breakfast: usual low carb porridge with 100g greek yoghurt
Lunch: 200g iceberg lettuce, with two small cans of tomato and basil tuna (it had some vegetable oil in it, so no cheese today)
Dinner: 250g extra lean beef burger, 270g cauliflower, 170g green beans.