What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 at 6 am so it was a woohoo moment for me off to the gym shortly hoping that I don't get the munchies afterwards . I have packed some cheese peanut butter and almonds for later . :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 this morning

very frosty all day today, many layers were worn ;)

out earlyish today to pick up some bits then went to the pharmacy to get my flu jab, "no pharmacist trained to do injections", back to the nearest town to home, tried again, "no vaccine, waiting for our new supply" grump, phooey, mutter mutter :banghead: :hilarious:

over to mum's with lunch then mr gee and his mum went to our Health Practice flu clinic and at least they managed to get it done ;) I stayed at mum's to Katy sit and after the clinic visit mum sprang a random selection of shopping calls on mr. gee.

I thought the queue must have been endless at the clinic for them to be away so long but turns out it was just the queue at the shops ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 this morning

very frosty all day today, many layers were worn ;)

out earlyish today to pick up some bits then went to the pharmacy to get my flu jab, "no pharmacist trained to do injections", back to the nearest town to home, tried again, "no vaccine, waiting for our new supply" grump, phooey, mutter mutter :banghead: :hilarious:

over to mum's with lunch then mr gee and his mum went to our Health Practice flu clinic and at least they managed to get it done ;) I stayed at mum's to Katy sit and after the clinic visit mum sprang a random selection of shopping calls on mr. gee.

I thought the queue must have been endless at the clinic for them to be away so long but turns out it was just the queue at the shops ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)
Thats very frustrating for you. Our tiny Boots in the next village makes appointments for the flu jab we were both able to get ours done on a Sat handy as Mr PM at work otherwise.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My favorite Christmas commercial--

And speaking of Christmas, today I took my music stand out of its case and set it up and set my recorder book on its rack, and played my soprano recorder for awhile, trying to remember the fingering for the written notes instead of playing by ear. I don't know if I will volunteer to join the music group that is already in rehearsals, but if my former fellow musician doesn't want to play and sing duets this year, maybe I can find someone to do an instrumental with.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening/morning, @trick60. :)

tuesda.jpg

Just noticed the "morning/evening" bit, made me smile, I'm not entirely with it at silly o'clock in the morning.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My favorite Christmas commercial--

And speaking of Christmas, today I took my music stand out of its case and set it up and set my recorder book on its rack, and played my soprano recorder for awhile, trying to remember the fingering for the written notes instead of playing by ear. I don't know if I will volunteer to join the music group that is already in rehearsals, but if my former fellow musician doesn't want to play and sing duets this year, maybe I can find someone to do an instrumental with.
Wow you are getting in the Christmas mood. I love the idea you unpacked your recorder to practise and I really hope you get to team up in the music group! No end to your talents. How did the KC like the impromptu rehearsal?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lazy as can be day today...Just not interested yet...6pm.:writer:
marley just 'knocked' on our door :happy:, so fed and watered, he's perked me up a bit

TWD last night...OH MY GOD.:wideyed::woot:

A groundhog day 5.7 this morning when i got up at 7 2 P,,,,;)
happy to see numbers like that for a good while yet, oh merciful LoKarbi..:D

Lost interest in the DiY, so moved on to cooking

Made @HarryBeau Bounty Truffles other night...lauren gave it 5 stars

Made my first curry WITH some small potatoes pieces in last night..5.5 <--> 7.6
Not too bad a score 2hrs in, and Blooming DELICIOUS to Boot.:D

Today i made 90 second bread (made last night as well)
But todays i put in oven for 10+ mins,

a few slices of mushroom, one rasher of bacon
slice of cold tomatoa & one egg on top
a dash of Ketchup..yet to test post blood, so wish me luck..

A NON-Muffn, MUFFIN...ta da...YUM..:D
IMG_20191119_173915~01.jpg

EDIT: No test Pre food, 2hr later 6.7 :D:happy:

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lazy as can be day today...Just not interested yet...6pm.:writer:
marley just 'knocked' on our door :happy:, so fed and watered, he's perked me up a bit

TWD last night...OH MY GOD.:wideyed::woot:

A groundhog day 5.7 this morning when i got up at 7 2 P,,,,;)
happy to see that for a god while yet..:D

Lost interest in the DiY, so move on to cooking

Made @HarryBeau Bounty Truffles other night...lauren gave it 5 stars
Made my first curry WITH some small potatoes pieces in..5.5 <--> 7.6

not too bad, and Blooming DELICIOUS to Boot.:D

Today i made 90 second brerad (made last night as well)
But todays i put in oven for 10+ mins,

a few slices of mushroom, one rasher of bacon
slice of cold tomatoa & one egg on top
a dash of Ketchup..yet to test post blood, so wish me luck..

A NON-Muffn, MUFFIN...ta da...YUM..:D
View attachment 36807

s0210.gif

t31175.gif

t19119.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow you are getting in the Christmas mood. I love the idea you unpacked your recorder to practise and I really hope you get to team up in the music group! No end to your talents. How did the KC like the impromptu rehearsal?

She went into the kitchen. ^. .^

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just started reading a novel that mentions a couple who have abandoned London for the wilds of Surrey having 'swapped urban amenities for rural bliss.' Interesting timing for reading this book!

Mmh. Not to worry you, but that's how Most Zombie Apocalypse stories start...:wideyed::***:

@Krystyna23040 ..as per @ianpspurs ..lots on amazon under neck tube if you wanted a little variety
have mine for the Bike, so 80+ mph and the cold...merino wool was my BEST buy, (not the one in article )
expensive but worth every penny
https://www.amazon.co.uk/slp/neck-tubes/n8orbttzwgt63oz
https://bikerrated.com/gear/clothing/best-motorcycle-neck-warmers/

@PenguinMum ...panic ...because the handsome librarian moved to kansas..? ;):D

@Debandez ,,yeah i bet others don't make it easy for docs, huh...but do SO agree, regardless, give us a choice.
great scores, btw
".....said you've done great Deb but everything you dont eat my pts eat! "
But low carb option should be given regardless I thought to myself

..I hope you told them to put the statins with Xmas, where the sun don't shine..oops got all grinchy..soz :woot::bag:

And @dunelm
Marvellous stuff on the early Xmas Amazon delivery.
Best wishes to Mum and Little Amazonella..:D

Btw, If we are talking ads that MIGHT make ya buy, Amazon singing boxes IS the one.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 ..as per @ianpspurs ..lots on amazon under neck tube if you wanted a little variety
have mine for the Bike, so 80+ mph and the cold...merino wool was my BEST buy, (not the one in article )
expensive but worth every penny
I use a variety of different BUFFs under helmet and around my neck when out on my Mountain Bike, I love the many different ways you can tie them, today was the balaclava method but I still had one around my neck to fight Jack Frost.
I have also now taken to wearing them under my Flat Caps and Fedora hats, warm but also keep the hats clean and free from those horrid grease stains. You could wear a BUFF like a chefs hat when doing your new found pastime of cooking, cool man.

@SaskiaKC we are now rehearsing many Christmas Recorder quartet and quintet pieces. I love the quintet music for 2 trebles, tenor and 2 Bass Recorders a very different sound, we have 5 recorder gigs before Christmas Day, alongside choir and folk group ones so busy, busy. This weekend we are doing a 2 hour performance which will include many of the famous Sheffield Carols, great fun to sing.

After yesterday's furniture moving for MIL carpet fitting, have slowly developed worse and worse sciatica pain. This mornings bike ride helped but I'm now having to do lots of stretching exercises grrrrrrrr! Gigs will be interesting if it does not mend quick.