What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all on A Cold and Frosty Morning, that sounds familiar, ah yes a good fiddle tune title, so a 5.2 for me today and that's after eating a rather scrumptious puff pastry jam and cream thingy at choir rehearsal last night, lots of Christmas Carols sung for our many pre Christmas gigs.

A day of cooking and preparing house and musical instruments for tomorrow night. I got carried away asking friends to pop in for a Jam Session, Mrs MC is in a panic as we are now up to 16, could be a noisy, boozy evening :singing: oh and I said we would feed them, I never learn.

Wrap up warm, don't panic about that big yellow disk in the sky it helps negate Black Friday, hugs for those in need, commiserations for those who missed all the good deals, spread love and happiness where you are able.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got one on Amazon DJC I did think about the 'half' tree but have now opted for one that I can stand on a sideboard...I have no idea how active the kittens will be & wanted something I could put out of their reach in case they were tempted by the branches the baubles or maybe chewing the wires from the lights...can you get one that is safely put up & out of his way...if not then close observation & confinement may be necessary;););)

When my daughter first got her cat she sent me a lovely video of him gently tapping the lowest bauble - he’d play for hours like that. She did have it on the sideboard but he managed to get up there. Now he is far too grown up and important to bother with such frivolities.
I think we might have to forgo a tree this year, the presents pose more of a problem as his favourite pastime seems to be tearing paper into shreds

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning - so all records well and truly broken. Although only just in the 4s it is my 3rd fbs reading in the 4s in a row.

Maybe it's the new normal or maybe just a rare occurrence - will be interesting to see just what happens next.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DJC3

My arm was sore all day yesterday, and I was very much off colour yesterday. I had a different medical appointment yesterday which I managed to drag myself to, but then realised I shouldn’t even have gone out, because I was still feeling very poorly from the shingles injection. Even the nurse looked at me yesterday and said I should have stayed at home.

I have only got out of bed for a coffee. So far I feel okay today thanks. My head was cotton wool yesterday, but it seems lucid and coherent this morning. Arm is just a little sore to move. I just need a day of being kind to me! And that includes being under this electric blanket with cat!

I tried several times yesterday to get on the forum, but either I got a black screen, a very strange redirection to some proxy site which was nothing to do with the forum, or I could get into this thread but nothing was responsive and it wouldn’t let me change pages, or post or do likes etc so I think I must have missed stuff.

So I shall say thank you here for anyone that sent me messages on this yesterday. And thanks for reading. And thanks very much for all the beautiful hugs on my post. I appreciate them all.
View attachment 36965

An electric blanket, a purring cat and coffee sound like the perfect day at anytime, but especially today. Enjoy your ‘me time’ it’s very well deserved.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are avoiding the fictitious Blue and Black Friday throw your money away sales.

A strange 5.2 for me and me's this morning, that meter is up to something!

Mrs J has to be on her toes today, she has to contend with me and me's my mates chaos, mayhem and the grandchildren 9, 6 and 3. A riotous assembly is ensured.
Have a good day we plan on having a good day hehehehe.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thus, while we fret over the growing pandemic of T2DM, we need to understand that this is only the tip of the disease iceberg; hidden underneath lies an even greater epidemic of chronic modern diseases caused by IRS in those who will not ever develop T2DM but who will nevertheless suffer from any number of a wide array of conditions that, in our ignorance, we continue to call “diseases of lifestyle.” These diseases, as I will show, are more correctly termed “diseases of the modern industrial diet” of highly processed foods..."
Very interesting, but very scary. Thank you for flagging it up. It is good to think that we are not just sorting out our T2D and IRS but are also protecting ourselves from a wide array of horrible conditions.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aww bless them. Do you have photos yet? I may have missed them
The only ones we have are these...taken a couple of weeks ago apparently they were abandoned at just a few weeks old without their mother...by the time they were found they were in a pretty bad way...I think it shows in the photos...
kit kats 3.JPG
kit kats 4.JPG

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we might have to forgo a tree this year
You can get a wall mounted one but no doubt he'd find a way...he has captured me & I expect many of us here with his antics...wot a boy he is:D:D:D

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When my daughter first got her cat she sent me a lovely video of him gently tapping the lowest bauble - he’d play for hours like that. She did have it on the sideboard but he managed to get up there. Now he is far too grown up and important to bother with such frivolities.
I think we might have to forgo a tree this year, the presents pose more of a problem as his favourite pastime seems to be tearing paper into shreds
Take a look at the minimalist lit twig trees..John Lewis do them best. I would get one instead of a real tree if I thought I could get away with it (No 1 son already has 8ft real tree in his flat here and the most amazing Grinch jumper shipped from the US by a “girl” friend..defo need to get to the bottom of that, lol.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very interesting, but very scary. Thank you for flagging it up. It is good to think that we are not just sorting out our T2D and IRS but are also protecting ourselves from a wide array of horrible conditions.

agree, but more so for those much younger then us,

I'd assume (re dementia,etc) much of the damage is done before 40
when one considers that the T2D or the IR is what wreaks havoc in out arteries/veins etc
in our hands , feet & legs...can't begin to imagine the damage caused inside all the tiny vessels in our brains

all we can do is limit the potential damage as much as possible and we are.
But for those who find this WOE earlier, ( If any do, of course ) they might not ever be affected by it.
Please God

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.6 today

busy day out volunteering yesterday at the 'big shed' with a trip to the bank in the town two over and then dinner in our favourite little cafe on the way home where we were entertained by the christmas lights and all the people setting up stalls for their town street fair :joyful:

Since there is no charity shop Friday now I ended up sleeping in late this morning :sorry:

Mum's visitors arrived safely yesterday afternoon and when we got home our phone line was working again so all in all a pretty successful day yesterday ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
all we can do is limit the potential damage as much as possible and we are.
But for those who find this WOE earlier, ( If any do, of course ) they might not ever be affected by it.
Please God
I agree that the earlier we find this WOE the more likely it is that we avoid the damage in the first place. For the rest of us the saying 'better late than never ' is very apt.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only ones we have are these...taken a couple of weeks ago apparently they were abandoned at just a few weeks old without their mother...by the time they were found they were in a pretty bad way...I think it shows in the photos...
View attachment 36966 View attachment 36967

Oh just look at those adorable faces. How wonderful that after such a horrible start in life they are now going to live in the lap of cat luxury for the rest of their days. Which is currently Big Fish and which is Cardboard?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Take a look at the minimalist lit twig trees..John Lewis do them best. I would get one instead of a real tree if I thought I could get away with it (No 1 son already has 8ft real tree in his flat here and the most amazing Grinch jumper shipped from the US by a “girl” friend..defo need to get to the bottom of that, lol.

How lovely that he’s already in the Christmas spirit. I love a big tree but you’re right, this year I’m afraid less will have to be more.
I’m having a little wager with myself as to how long it’ll take you to winkle out the truth behind the mystery girlfriend!